Chapter 23

**A/N: WOW! Uhm, okay, this chapter DID NOT go as planned... it had a mind of its own so... ENJOY!**

-James-  

Sebastian pouted adorably all the way back out to my car. But once we got inside he got distracted by his caramel covered apple and happily chomped down on it. Goddess, this boy is perfect in every way possible.

Sebastian stayed silent as he ate his apple and I drove to our final destination. He didn't even notice where we were going as he adorably bobbed his head to the radio and licked the sticky juice off the apple.

Once I parked the car he finally noticed where we were. His eyebrows furrow as he looks around confused. I only laugh at how adorably confused he looks.

"What are we doing out here?" He asks as he finally looks at me.

"You're going to read to me," I reply with a smile. "We were going to bird watch, but having you read to me sounds much better,"

"In the woods?" He asks still confused.

"Yes, in the woods," I say before jumping out of the car. Sebastian doesn't move for a second but then he finally does and I let out a sigh of relief. "I brought you a coat of mine and a blanket in case you got cold," I say as I pop the trunk to pull the two items out.

"Thanks," He says with a smile. "Can I bring my chocolate?" He asks.

"Of course you can," I chuckle.

"Sweet," He says happily before he skips around the car to pull his chocolate out of the front seat.

"Ready?" I ask as he comes back around the car to meet me. He nods his head so I hand him the James Patterson book he was reading in the bookstore so I can pull him close to me.

Sebastian happily takes the book and allows me to lead him into the forest. Our boots crunch on the snow as we walk through the undisturbed snow. The snow is heavier out here and Sebastian looks around in awe. The trees are beautiful with all the snow covering them.

We walk until we find a good spot to stop only ten minutes later. I kick the snow away the best I can before sitting down on the cold hard ground and lean my back against a thick tree. Then I pull Sebastian down to sit in between my legs. Sebastian shivers so I unfold the thick blanket and wrap it around us.

"Perfect," I mumble into his hair. "Tell me if you get to cold," I say as I wrap my arms around his waist to lock him in.

"Okay," He says before he snuggles deeper into my chest. "Now can I read my book?"

"Yes," I chuckle as I kiss the back of his head. "But you'll have to start from the beginning or else I will be asking a million confused questions," I warn him.

"Okay," He chuckles. Then he opens the book to start reading.

I only half pay attention as I hold him close to me. I love this. I love sitting in the woods with him in my arms reading to me. I love him snuggled into my chest. I love his voice as he changes it depending on who is speaking in the book. I love how content my wolf and I are right now. How happy we are. How close we are to Sebastian in general. I love Sebastian so much!

Sebastian reads to me for a good hour before we decided to lay on top of the blanket and wrap it around us. In this position, I am even closer to Sebastian as the blanket wraps us together tightly. Not even an inch of either of us doesn't touch as he continues to read.

My arm is wrapped around his shoulders as he uses my bicep as a pillow. He holds the book up as I turn the pages for him. We got half way through the three hundred some page book before he stops and sets the book aside. He turns his head to look at me and my heart skips a beat at the look in his eyes.