Chapter 42

--James--

I nervously chew my lip as I fidget in my seat. Sebastian sits ten rows behind me and I wish he could sit next to me. Why do our last names have to be so many letters off? Why can't Sebastian just take my name for the night? He doesn't like his last name to begin with, and we're mated, so him taking Fletcher for the night makes perfect sense.

These last few months have been crazy but I wouldn't change a thing about them because Sebastian and I turned out happy and better in the end. From Sebastian getting kicked out of his family's house, to my parents accepting Sebastian and I as a mated couple, to finding out that Sebastian's friend, Ella, was dead has been insane and hectic.

I'm just glad that Ella left her sweets shop to Sebastian because now Wanda is very happy with it. Wanda has already got the place back up and running, with more customers flooding in every day. She even kept the stores name, Sugary Sweets, but is thinking about expanding into the next property to turn it into a restaurant and sweets shop all in one.

School wasn't even that bad considering I thought for sure rumors would spread like a wildfire about Sebastian and his family, but surprisingly nothing happened. A few people asked Sebastian what happened to Makayla but all Sebastian told them was that she was going to a private school now. We don't know what happened to Makayla for sure, all we know is that she got pulled from school right after Sebastian got kicked out of the house.

It didn't bother Sebastian one bit, he was happier that he didn't have to run into his sister at school, especially all that happened between them all. I know he's still worried about the baby though, so I am going to see what I can do about that. I want Sebastian to be happy, and him knowing that the baby is safe will make him happy. Who knows, maybe if Makayla puts the child up for adoption I can find out who adopted the child so we can watch over it and make sure it stays safe. I will have to ask my father for help with that since I'm technically not old enough to even adopt yet.

"James Adonis Fletcher," Principal Tyler calls out from the stage. I hear my parents shouting in the crowd, but the one voice that I hear the best comes from my beautiful mate, Sebastian.

I look back as I stand up and smile at Sebastian. He smiles back wide and gives me a little wave. The smile doesn't leave my face as I make my way up to the stage and wait for Principal Tyler to move my tassel to the other side of my cap. He has to go through the scholarships that I won first which surprises me because I didn't enter any scholarships, but apparently, every student gets a $1,000 dollar scholarship to their school of choice just for graduating. I'm not going to college so the money is pointless, unless I can give it to Sebastian because he is going to college.

After Principal Tyler switches the tassel to the other side and shakes my hand I grab my diploma and make my way down the stage and back to my seat. I have to wait a whole twenty-five minutes before Sebastian gets called up.

"Sebastian Allon Porter," Principal Tyler calls out.

My parents cheer in the crowd but I make sure I'm louder, I even give a cat call and whistle which gains a few laughs from the thick crowd and Sebastian's face to turn beet red.

I watch proudly as my mate shakes Principal Tyler's hand and gets his scholarships called out. My eyes widen at all the scholarships he won and was rewarded. Goddess I have a smart mate. He won't even need my help to pay for college with all the scholarship money he received. I cheer loudly as he shakes Principal Tyler's hand one last time and leaves the stage with his diploma.

After another hour the ceremony is over so I make my way to Sebastian and pull him into a deep kiss that leaves him breathless.

"We did it, baby," I cheer once we break the kiss.