Dueling Riddle

Adeline's Picture above^^

      ***

      Tom Riddle..... 

       You have got to be kidding me. I, Addie Robins the prankster, has to fight the guy who tried to break into my mind. Flicking his wand ostentatiously, Tom Riddle said charmingly, "We first have to bow to each other, Adeline Robins, or have you forgotten?" His followers laughed raucously, their faces almost hungry for bloodlust. 

      "Well, then bow, Riddle," I said stubbornly, "or have you forgotten?" 

      Expecting him to lash out, I was surprised when he smiled. "Ladies first," he murmured, a triumphant gleam in his eyes. I felt my nostrils flare. 

      "The nerve of this boy," I thought, but glancing at Professor Merrythought, I saw her eyebrows drawn in tightly, gesturing for me to bow. I felt anger boiling inside my veins. Even the teachers were all on his side. Clenching my fists in barely suppressed rage, I dipped my head with incredible effort, which was as far as I was willing to do. 

      "Now that wasn't so hard, was it?" he whispered cajolingly, as he inclined his head in the exact fashion. 

        "Wands at the ready," Professor Merrythought said crisply, "One, two... three!" 

      "Stupefy!" 

      "Protego!" 

      My shield charm barely deflected Riddle's powerful stun charm, sending it ricocheting against the walls. "Impedimenta!" I shouted, but he blocked it with one lazy flick of his wand. 

     "My, my," he chided, "I expected you to be much better, Adeline." Raising his wand, he flicked it once. With an almighty lurch, I was thrown back into the wall and flipped over, dangling in the air. My heart froze. 

       He had used nonverbal magic. 

      But I knew this spell, and I had encountered it more than once. "Liberacorpus," I thought in my mind, flicking my wand. In an instant, I was freed, landing on my feet safely. Grinning coyly, I mimicked, "My, my, I expected you to be much better than that, Tom Riddle." 

     His face was no longer smiling. "Serpensortia!" he whispered in a deadly voice. With a dull thud, a coil of something like a black rope writhed in the air before landing before me. No, it was a snake, with green slits for eyes and a pair of fangs that were bared threateningly. I almost rolled my eyes. Even for a Slytherin, this was predictable. 

     "Petrificus Totalus," I lashed back, placing a full body bind curse on the snake. 

     "Incendio!" Riddle snarled, pointing his wand at me. I expected a jet of flame to appear, but never had I seen such an immense magnitude of fire to erupt. A crimson firestorm hurtled towards me, almost singing my arms before I recovered, pointing my wand towards him.