Recovery

***

Dedicated to @coolwhenurbatman because this reader will avada kedavra their behinds if they don't kiss. I guess that's how you are all feeling right now. Hehe. 

*On another note, look at those cheek bones. Mmmm.... Tommy boi is looking good. Addie's such a lucky gal, don't y'all think?

****

     The matron had still kept her annual promise of getting the orphans to some fresh air. I had no difficulty deciphering this as the place where Tom Riddle had terrorized Amy Benson and Dennis Bishop. The sand was coarse underneath my shoes; squishing unpleasantly. I never liked the sea-- the bitter cold of Bulgaria and Northern France was preferable. I slowly discarded one shoe, then the other before strolling around the small beach. The other younger orphans were playing around; hustling and looking slightly more cheerful than back in the orphanage. I even saw some smiles. 

    The sand felt worse barefoot; molding easily and not hitting back. 

   No resistance at all. 

    I continued my trek; seeing the outline of the massive cave. It clearly shouted of some malevolence that had occurred inside its cavern walls. I stopped in my footsteps. Another person was standing in front of two smaller children; roughly pushing them to the ground. I just stood and watched for a moment as the smaller girl tried to get up, but was pushed back down. I glanced back at the matron. She was oblivious to all of this. 

   I still retained my reflexes as Seeker. As the boy's hand went downwards to hit her, I grabbed him by his elbow, yanking it backwards. My stature may have been diminutive, but I hadn't learned wrestling from Viktor for nothing. "I wouldn't suggest doing that," I said in my best lofty voice as the little girl blinked in surprise, "picking on people smaller than you are makes you look like a desperate bastard. Or perhaps that's just what you are." The boy turned around roughly, his eyes narrowing. He was built stockily and reminded me of Travers, who tried to cheat during Quidditch by grabbing the end of my broomstick. Perhaps we would get a similar result. 

   "Who are you?" he sneered, trying to yank out of my grip, but my hand only tightened painfully around his pressure point. 

     I turned to the boy and girl and nodded to them. Gratefully, they gathered their things and ran. The boy looked at their fading silhouettes with fury before he turned back to me. "And who the hell are you?" he asked again. 

   I stared calmly back. "And explain why in the hell I should answer," I replied coolly. 

   He sneered again. "You're from that same nut job asylum place as Tom Riddle, aren't you?" he asked, "I thought I recognized you." 

   "That's surprising," I feigned a look of shock, "I didn't think you had the mental capacity to recognize anything. Well, we certainly learn new things everyday, don't we?" 

    His face tightened, but he laughed spitefully. "Let me guess, your slut mother abandoned you because she wanted to run off for another man." 

    I felt anger boil inside of me, but regained my composure. "You don't need to retell your life story to me, you know," I said.