The Sign

Dedicated to SupernaturalDarling

For her great analysis and her support throughout the book.

Thanks!

Btw, Masquerade got into #941 in Fanfiction. *Whoo hoo!*

True feelings: *WHEEEEEEEEEEEEMUAHAHAHA*

You probably came here for the update. *SHuffles into corner with bowl of salamander......or should I say, Newt Salamander? Ha, get it? Scamander...Salamander....no?. Okay, I'll just leave*

Tommy boi: Thou art terrible at puns.

Me: Thou art a pain in the ass to write about, unemotional block of handsome wood. Or should I say, handsome Wood? *XD Props to those who got that HP reference*

Tommy boi: *face palms*

Me: *Thoughtful* Is that how you lost your nose? By face-palming? Or should I say face-palmistry? *Kudos to Divination reference*

Tommy boi: Just Avada Kedavra me already.

Me: *Smirks* Still need to wait for Harry to get born, buddy. And besides, I'm still not done writing about you and Addie, Riddle Fiddle.

Tommy boi: *Raises wand*

Me: *Raises computer and Harry Potter diary that she writes fanfics in* Try me, Moldy, and I can give you a 20th century mullet before you can go all Heir of Slytherin Basilisk conjurer on me.

Tommy boi: *Glares*

Me: *Smirks* Now go get my chocolate bar like a good Tommy boi.

Tbh, this whole dialogue thing wasn't supposed to happen, but oh well...

I shall begin.

****

We walked, side by side, in an almost companionable way. I looked down at my feet once or twice, my cheeks undoubtedly flushed from our encounter. He had invited me to walk around Hogwarts. "So why not just take me to the Hufflepuff dormitories?" I finally summoned the courage to ask him.

He didn't bother to look at me. "Because I know you wouldn't go to sleep anyways. Your nightmares keep you up all night."

I looked up at him, surprised. "How did you know about my nightmares?"

"So you do have nightmares," he replied smoothly, as the tension sparked again, "about what?" He spoke like a hypnotist, lulling me into security. But I snapped out of his trance.

"About you wearing the Ravenclaw diadem like a pretty Slytherin princess," I replied, "though I shouldn't worry. Your head is too big for that crown to fit you anyways."

He swiftly turned around, pressing me against the wall. His voice suddenly switched to threatening, dark and almost amused with a maniac gleam in his eyes. "Most people are wise not to taunt me," he said, "after all, Robins, don't you remember what happened to your little Hufflepuff friends? Don't anger me if you want to keep your life."

I smiled back at his remark. "Oh, I wasn't taunting, Riddle," I said in a fake, sugary voice, "I was only stating a truth."

He narrowed his eyes, but released me. "You are insufferable," he said bluntly, "I don't understand how that broomstick of yours gets off the ground with the amount of stupidity inflating your thick skull."