Banitza and Firewhiskey

Alponine Delacour and I go way back. In my abhorrent days in Beauxbatons, she had easily become the bane of my existence. At first, it started with the usual idiotic phrases on how my red hair was frizzy and my skin complexion having the consistency of garbage. Then, it became war. I don't know how she found out, but she somehow connected the exploding frog porridge with me. As if I was such a criminal back then....

Now, as she strutted in like the Queen of France, she gave me a beady stare with those blue eyes. Nearby, Will looked as if he was having a seizure, as Izzy punched him hard in the arm.

"Snap out of it, Will!" she hissed, "I don't see anyone else acting like an idiot!" That wasn't entirely true. As Alponine made her way towards the Ravenclaw table, I saw everyone following her like a lost puppy. Even Tom Riddle was giving her an appreciative glance; annoyance prickling underneath my skin.

"She's half veela, Izzy; there is no use," I muttered darkly, before I saw Abraxas Malfoy stride towards me. His grey eyes gleamed.

"So, where's your little Durmstrang friends, Robins?" he laughed, "were they so thick that they couldn't find the entrance?" he mocked.

"Well, they obviously couldn't find the entrance with your enormous head blocking it," I replied smoothly, before looking towards the entrance. After the Beauxbatons people entered, I saw the familiar red caped figures walk inside the Great Hall. They were all built along the lines of bulky sculptures but their faces betrayed amazement before Hogwarts. A grin tugged on my lips as I saw three familiar and hulking companions.

"These are my little friends, Malfoy," I said to Abraxas's horrified face as I pushed through the crowds; bouncing in with a crazy grin on my face. The three biggest boys, who, at first looked awkward in the hall were now running up towards me; the smiles on their faces mirroring mine.

"Who's the big, scary one?" he whispered; taking a few steps back.

"Oh, that--" I waved my hand dismissively, "he's Blagun. He's the sweetest guy ever."

Apparently, Malfoy digressed.

"Dobre doshli priyateli," (welcome, friends), I spoke before the first to the right, Viktor, swept me into a crushing hug as the other two stooges nearly crushed my bones. The smooth Bulgarian that I had privately been proud of was now dissolved into hacking coughs as I tried to pry them away.

Then, their quick eyes sped to Malfoy, who's jaw was still dropped. "Eez zbhis pale haired boy bothvering you, Addie?" Boris, the Chaser on the Durmstrang team asked, his eyes narrowed threateningly. Malfoy gulped, looking as if he was about to sink into the floor.

"No," I said, shaking my head, "he actually is my best friend," I emphasized, biting my lip to hold in my laughter as I gave a meaningful look at them. They caught the bait.

"Well, pale haired boy," Viktor Krum, my oldest friend at Durmstrang, said with a slightly twisted grin, "any svfriend of Addie's is a friend of ours. Please zhe permit us to give you a traditional Bulgarian gesture of friendship." Malfoy paled as he realized what he meant, but before he could scurry away, Blagun, the biggest of them all, held him by the scruff and held him immobile. If I wasn't such a sick person, I would have covered my eyes. Malfoy gave a strangled squeal like a slaughtered pig as the three proceeded to suffocate him in a bone-crushing hug. If Malfoy had been to Durmstrang, he maybe could have survived, but he was unfortunately a Hogwarts student... and an enormous git.