Chapter Two

I sat on the couch for a few minutes in complete silence, just soaking in what just happened. Mark has been gone for a year and it still doesn't feel real. I am no longer married. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. Let me guess, it's Kimberly. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket, and sure enough it was.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" Kimberly texted.

"As good as I can be, I guess" I replied.

"How about I come over and bring some movies and junk food to get your mind off of things" She said.

"Sure, that sounds fun. I could use the distraction right now" I replied.

"I'll be over in like 20 min." Kimberly said.

"Sounds good, see you in 20" I said.

I put my phone on the end table and continued to sit there in silence. I don't know how much time passed. I sat there and stared at the wall. Before I knew it, Kimberly came through the door. "I'm here" she said and walked into the kitchen and set the food on the counter. Then she came back into the living room and sat down next to me. "How are you?" She asked me seriously. "I don't know Kim. I thought I would be happy once the divorce was final. I thought there would be this huge weight lifted off my shoulders, but there's not. It feels worse. It's like the weight got heavier" I said. "Do you still love him?" she asked me. "No, I don't. I feel nothing for him" I said. Then she was quiet. "Why do I feel this way Kim?" I asked. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. "Well...You were married to him for eight years. You cared about him and you loved him. He was a major part of your life. I would be worried if you didn't feel like this" Kimberly said, then hugged me. "Let's watch some movies" She said and popped one in.

Several hours had passed and we finished our movies. "Do you want me to stay?" she asked. "No, you don't have to. I'll be fine" I said. "Are you sure?" she asked. "Yeah, I promise, I'll be fine" I said. She grabbed her things and walked towards the door. She gave me a hug. "Call me if you need anything" she said. "I will. Thanks Kim" I said and she walked out the door.

It was about 10:00 and I was exhausted. Emotionally exhausted. I decided to go upstairs to bed. I locked the doors and turned off all the lights then proceeded to walk up the stairs. I went into my room and changed into my pajamas. I went into the bathroom and took my makeup off and brushed my teeth. I pulled my hair back into a messy bun and crawled into bed. I laid down and pulled the covers up and buried my face in them and eventually fell asleep.

................................................................................................................................

It's been a few weeks since the divorce has been finalized. I am slowly moving forward. Kimberly comes over practically every day to check on me. To be honest, I would like to have some alone time. I appreciate all she does for me and is an amazing friend, but I would like to just be left alone. I know she is worried that I might slip into some depression or something, and I get that. I was just as worried about her when Steven died, but my situation is different. Mark and I just stopped loving each other. We chose to be apart, and I am accepting it and moving on with my life, or at least trying to. It's hard to just let go of a person who you loved for so long, who you shared your life with. It's not something you can just forget about overnight.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my phone buzzed. I'm assuming its Kimberly telling me that she is coming over. I check my phone, and to my surprise, it's not Kim. It's a text from Jimi. I unlock my phone and pull up the message.

"Hey, I was watching TV earlier and saw a preview for the new "King Kong" movie and I was wondering if you would want to see it today?" Jimi asked.

"I would love to. I've been watching chick flick after chick flick with Kimberly for the last month. I could use a good thriller movie" I texted back.

"Awesome. I can come pick you up around 4:00 since the movie starts at 4:45" Jimi said.

"Sounds good, see you then!" I said.

Jimi and I have been hanging out a lot in the past month. I really enjoy spending time with him. We have been friends for years, but I feel like I have really gotten to know him in the past few weeks. We have a lot more in common than I realized. Jimi and I have always enjoyed action and thriller movies while Phillip and Kimberly are more into the comedy type movies. Don't get me wrong, I love a good laugh, but sometimes you need a good thrill too.

I decided to go put on some decent clothes before Jimi got here since I have been in sweatpants all day. I went upstairs and put on some dark skinny jeans and a nicer looking shirt. Nothing too fancy. I picked out a pair of boots and put them on. Then I went into the bathroom and put on a little makeup and straightened my hair. By that time it was just reaching 4:00 and I walked downstairs. I saw Jimi's truck pull into the driveway. I walked out the door and locked it behind me. He got out and opened the door for me. "Thank you" I said as he helped me in. "Not a problem" Jimi said with a smile. He shut the door and walked back over to the driver side.

I all of a sudden got butterflies in my stomach. I don't know where they came from. I have hung out with Jimi a million times. I mean we're in a band for crying out loud, we spend tons of time together. We have seen how many movies like this before why do I feel like this?

He pulls into the movie theater parking lot and parks the truck. I grab my purse from the floor and before I know it, he's opening the door for me. He grabs my hand and helps me down and closes the door. We walk to the theater and he opens the door for me "Ladies first" He says and waves his hand through the door. I smile at him. "Well thank you, kind sir" I say and he laughs. We walk up to the ticket booth. "Two tickets for the King Kong movie" Jimi says. "Jimi, I can pay for my ticket" I say quietly. "It's fine, I got it" he said with a smile. A charming smile I might add. We get our tickets and walk towards the concession counter. "Then I pay for the popcorn and sodas" I reply. "Not if I get there first" Jimi said and ran to the counter. "Hey!" I said and ran after him. Of course he beats me there and orders the popcorn and sodas. He pays the guy at the register. We get our popcorn and drinks and walk towards our theater.

We walk in and find some seats in the middle of the theater. The previews started and there was a preview for a movie that looked really stupid. "We should see that" Jimi says with popcorn in his mouth. I look at him and raise my eyebrows at him. "That looked ridiculous" "I know, that's why we should see it" He said and laughed. I couldn't help but laugh too. The next preview actually looked pretty good. "We should see that one" I said. "That one actually looked good" Jimi said. Then the movie started and the theater got really quiet.

About an hour and a half later, the movie was over. "That wasn't too bad" Jimi said. "No it wasn't" I replied. We stood up and walked down the stairs towards the door. Jimi threw away our empty bucket and I threw away our empty cups. We walked out of the theater to the truck. Jimi opened the door for me and helped me up. "Thanks" "No problem"

Jimi climbed in the driver's seat and drove back to my house. He pulled into the driveway. "I had a really good time today. Thank you" I said. "Me too" Jimi said. I leaned over and gave him a hug. He climbed out and helped me out again. I walked up to the house and unlocked the door and walked inside. I set my purse down and slid my boots off. I walked over to the couch and sat down. I couldn't wipe this smile off my face. I haven't smiled this much since, I don't even know when. Jimi and I just get along so well. And he's not bad looking either. Actually he is quite attractive. I really like spending time with him. I love hanging out with Kimberly, I mean she's my best friend don't get me wrong, but today with Jimi, I don't know. It was just really great. I haven't felt like this since Mark and I started dating back in college. Do I have feelings for Jimi? I can't have feelings for Jimi. We're in a band together and it would ruin everything. And he probably doesn't have feelings for me anyways. It just wouldn't work.