Chapter Twenty-Four

It's been about three months since the accident. I got my stitches out and all of my bruises and scrapes have healed. I still get a little anxiety when Jimi leaves the house, but it's defiantly not as bad. We've been working on our new album and writing songs and stuff. Jimi and I have been planning stuff for the wedding as well. Today Kimberly, Rebecca and I are going out to lunch and then going shopping for stuff for the wedding while Jimi, Phillip and Schlap are going golfing. Today will be the longest I will be away from Jimi since the accident and I really hope I don't have a panic attack or anything.

Jimi and I were still in bed. I was laying with my back to his chest and his arm around my waist. Around 8:30, I woke up and rolled over. Jimi opened his eyes and kissed my forehead.

"Morning beautiful" he said.

"Morning" I said and smiled at him.

"Are you excited to go shopping for wedding stuff?" he asked and shrugged my shoulders.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I don't know. I should be excited, but I'm nervous. I mean this is going to be the longest time we will be apart since the accident and I don't know how I'm going to handle it. I still get anxiety being away from you and stuff" I said quietly.

"I thought your nightmares have gone away?" he asked.

"They have, but I still get freaked out a little when you leave and stuff" I whispered. I could feel the heat in my eyes and I was about to start crying. I closed my eyes to try to stop the tears.

"If it makes you feel any better, I get scared every time you leave the house by yourself" he whispered.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because the night of the accident... I thought I lost you. I have never been more scared or lost in my life. I didn't know what to do. I have never been so afraid to lose someone who means so much to me before. Every time you get in the car by yourself, I worry. I worry until the moment I see you step foot through the door and I know you're safe" He said.

I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. They started brimming my eyelids and made their way down my cheeks. Jimi reached over and wiped the tears away with his thumb.

"I love you" I whispered through the tears.

"I love you too. So much." He said and kissed me.

We laid in bed for a few more minutes, then decided to get up. I hopped in the shower. When I was done, I got out and wrapped a towel around myself. Jimi was in the bathroom brushing his teeth. I grabbed my toothbrush and put some toothpaste on it and started brushing my teeth. I held my towel up with one hand and was brushing my teeth with the other. Jimi rinsed off his toothbrush and set it in the holder. Then he turned to face me and leaned against the counter.

"You know, you would look a million times better without that towel on" he said with a smirk.

"Shut up" I said with the toothbrush in my mouth and he laughed.

"Get out so I can get ready" I said as I set my toothbrush in the cup. Jimi laughed again and walked out of the bathroom. I dried my hair and then went to the closet and picked out what I was going to wear and got dressed. I went back into the bathroom and put on my make-up. Jimi walked back into the bathroom. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"So I just made reservations at that Italian restaurant you have been begging me to take you to" He said and kissed my cheek.

"Seriously?" I asked surprised, looking at him in the mirror. I have been bugging him about going to this restaurant for weeks.