Chapter Twelve

We were sitting on the couch with the blanket covering us while watching some TV. I had my head resting on Jimi's shoulder and he was rubbing the side of my arm. Then we heard a knock on the door. I sat up and let Jimi up. He walked over to the door and opened it. "James Lee Westbrook! What the hell do you think you are doing?!" I heard Kimberly yell. "Kim, what are you talking about?" Jimi asked confused. "What do you think you are doing cheating on Karen? She is literally the best thing that has ever happened to you and you go and pull this on her! You even told me that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with her! What the hell is going on in your head?!" She yelled again. "Kim, I didn't cheat on her" Jimi said and opened the door further. I couldn't help but laugh. I don't know what I would do without that crazy woman in my life.

"Hey Kim" I said and waved. "What's going on? Did you two make up or something?" She asked. "Yeah. Right after you called, Jimi called again for the twenty-third time and left a voicemail explaining everything. He didn't cheat on me" I said. "Well thank God. I thought that I was going to have to kill him" She said and I laughed. "Well there will be no need for that today" I said. "So does that mean you two are coming on Saturday?" She asked. "Yeah, I guess we are" I said. "Where are we going on Saturday?" Jimi asked. "We're going over to Kim's for a cookout" I said. "What if I had something planned for you on Saturday?" Jimi asked. I raised my eyebrows at him. "It would have to wait because we have plans" I said and Jimi just shrugged his shoulders and laughed and came back over to the couch.

He sat down next to me and put his arm around me. I loved that he was always about touching or holding me all the time. Mark wasn't the cuddly type and maybe that's why I never felt one hundred percent safe with him, but with Jimi, I always felt safe. "Alright, well, I'm going to head out since I am not doing any killing today" Kimberly said with a giggle. "Ok, Thanks for coming over and threatening to kill me" Jimi said. "My pleasure, I'll see you two Saturday" Kimberly said with a smile. "Bye Kim" I said as she walked out the door.

"Are we still going to have that date night?" I asked Jimi. "Of course" He said. "Well, it's almost 6:00" I said. "Oh wow, I didn't realize it was that late already" he said. "What did you have planned?" I asked. "Well I was thinking we could get some dinner and then go see that movie that you have been talking about. There is a showing for it at 9:00" He said. "Well, if we're going anywhere, then I need to take a shower and put on some decent clothes" I said. "Let me change my clothes and I can drive you over to your place for you to get ready and we can just leave from there." He said. "Sounds good to me" I said and Jimi walked over to the bedroom.

He came out a few minutes later wearing dark jeans and a button up shirt. "Aren't you looking spiffy" I said. "Well thank you" he said and grabbed his wallet. "Are you ready to go?" He asked. "Yep" I said and got up and walked to the door.

We headed down to his truck and drove to my house. He pulled up the driveway and we got out and walked in the house. "I'll be down in like a half hour" I said walking up the stairs. "Alright, I'll be down here" He said and sat down on the couch.

I made my way up the stairs and into my bedroom. I picked out what I wanted to wear and laid it out on the bed. Then I went into my bathroom and started the shower. When it was warm enough I hopped in. All I could think about was how I almost lost the love of my life today. When I thought Jimi and I were over, I have never felt so alone. He is my better half and I have no idea what I would do without him.

When I was done I wrapped the towel around my body. I plugged my blow-dryer in and turned it on. When I finished drying my hair I walked out and grabbed my clothes. I put them on then went back into the bathroom and put on my make-up. When I was done, I grabbed my duffle bag out of the closet and threw in a few different outfits and some basic hygiene stuff anticipating that we will be at Jimi's again tonight. I was all ready to go, so I went downstairs by Jimi. "You look beautiful" Jimi said. "Thanks" "Are you all ready to go?" "Yep" I said and we headed back out to his truck.

We arrived at the restaurant and got seated right away. We looked at the menu and when the waitress came back we ordered our food and drinks. The waitress walked away and we started talking. "So, there is something that I want to talk to you about" Jimi said. I got a little nervous, especially with today's earlier events. "What about?" I asked in a shaky voice. "So... My lease for my apartment is up at the end of the month" He started. "Ok..." I said slowly. "I love you more than anything on this earth. We have been together for almost five months and have spent hardly any time apart.... So I was wondering if you maybe wanted to live together" He said. I was a little surprised. I could tell he was nervous as was I. "Jimi...." "If you aren't ready we don't have to. I'll just resign my lease no big deal. I just thought that since we spend every day together that it might be easier to live in the same place instead of switching back and forth between houses" Jimi said really fast. I reached across the table for his hand and squeezed it and let out a small laugh. "Jimi, I would love to live with you. Nothing would make me happier" I said with a smile on my face. "Really?" He asked with a smile on his face. "Really" I replied. "I love you, you know that" He said. "Yeah, I kinda figured" I said with a smile and leaned over the table and kissed him. "I love you too" I added.

Our food arrived and we ate. When we were done, we decided to head over to the movie theater. Since it was a Monday night, the theater was pretty empty. We found our seats in the theater, top row in the middle. Jimi and I got a large soda and a medium popcorn. There were about fifteen minutes of previews then the movie started. As soon as the movie started, Jimi put his arm around me. I leaned into him when he did that. About two hours later, the movie was over. I had my head on Jimi's shoulder and he has is arm around my back. I grabbed the half eaten popcorn bucket that I had set on the ground halfway through the movie. We stood up and stretched. Jimi grabbed the soda then reached for my hand. We walked down the stairs and out of the theater. We refilled our popcorn and soda and headed back to Jimi's apartment.

We arrived back at his apartment and I grabbed my bag out of the back and we walked up. I set my stuff in the bedroom and came back out in the living room. Jimi was sitting on the couch and I sat down next to him. He put his arm around me as I sat down. "So, if we're going to live together, where are we going to live?" I asked him. "We can find a place of our own...or...I don't know how you would feel about this, but we could live at your house, it's totally up to you" He said a little nervous. I smiled at him. "We can live at my house if you want to. I think it would be easier to just move into my house for right now and then, if we wanted to, we could find a different place a little later" I said. "That sounds good to me" He said and kissed me.

We decided to go to bed at midnight. I grabbed my pajamas and changed into them. Then I went into the bathroom while Jimi was brushing his teeth. I started taking off my makeup. When I was done I pulled my hair back into a messy bun and brushed my teeth. Jimi just stood there watching me. "What?" I asked with my toothbrush in my mouth. "Nothing...I just can't believe that I get to call you mine" he said and I spit out the toothpaste in my mouth. Then turned to face him, then wrapped my arms around his neck. "You're really sweet" I said and smiled at him. We leaned in and kissed. Jimi wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close. Then his hands lowered to my legs and he lifted me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he carried me to the bed. He laid me down and crawled on top of me and we continued our make out session.