Chapter Forty-One

It is reaching the end of September and I'm almost six months pregnant. We haven't announced the pregnancy to anyone else yet. We probably would have told people sooner if we were still on tour and singing in front of thousands of people every week, but we have been off and spending a lot of time in the studio. It's been difficult to hide my baby bump, but it's getting cooler out, so I've been wearing a lot of baggy sweaters and leggings. I had a meltdown last week because I couldn't fit into any of my jeans. Jimi walked into the bedroom and I was a sobbing mess, laying down on the bed, wearing just a sports bra and a pair of jeans while trying to button them. Jimi walked in and was at a loss for words. He tried to calm me down, but I kept yelling at him and complaining I was too fat to fit in my jeans.

Kimberly, Stephen, Jimi and I decided to go out to lunch today then the mall. The mall was more of an unexpected addition to the day, but the guys had unwillingly agreed to go with us.

Kimberly threw a shirt at me to try on. I went in the dressing room and tried it on. It was a tighter, V-neck long sleeve shirt with purple and white stripes. I fit pretty well and it definitely showed off my baby bump and I could still wear it when I was no longer pregnant. By the time the CMA Awards roll around, I'm going to be showing even more. Jimi and I really should make an announcement to the fans soon. If we wait too long, then that's all they will talk about during our interviews for the CMA's.

I decided to get the shirt. I put it back on the hanger and got dressed. I walked over to Jimi and Stephen, who were sitting on chairs outside of the fitting room.

"You find something you like?" Jimi asked.

"Yep. I think we should tell the fans and everyone else about the baby. It's starting to get too hard for me to hide it." I said. Jimi looked a little surprised.

"Ok. How do you want to do it?" he asked.

"I don't know. I was just thinking about posting something on Twitter or Facebook" I said.

"That sounds good to me" he said.

"You're just going to agree with everything that I say aren't you?" I asked.

"Of course I am" he said and I rolled my eyes. I pulled out my phone and sat down next to Jimi.

"What should we say?" I asked him.

"Oh, you want to do this now?" he asked surprised.

"Yes, Jimi, I want to do this now" I said.

"Alright" he said and sat up a little. Then I thought of something to say. I typed it on Twitter then showed Jimi.

"What about this?" I asked him.

"Sounds good to me" he said. Then I posted it.

Yep it's true... excited to finally tell the news...Jimi and I are having a little one.

Then my phone started blowing up. I decided to turn off the notifications on Twitter because then we would never hear the end of it.

"People seem to be excited for us" I said with a giggle as I read some of the comments.

"That's good" Jimi said and kissed my cheek. About five minutes later Kimberly came back out with a few different clothing items.

"I see you finally decided to tell everyone" Kimberly said and showed me her phone.

"Yeah we did" I said and laughed.

"Over a hundred notifications in less than five minutes" Kimberly said and giggled.

"Turn off your notifications. That's what I did" I said.

"Good call" she said and turned them off.