Chapter Thirty-Six

Kimberly is now nine months pregnant and is due any day. A few months after Kimberly announced she was pregnant, we found out Rebecca was pregnant as well. Let me tell you, having two pregnant women on a bus touring is not the most pleasant thing in the world. Kimberly was lucky that she didn't have morning sickness as bad as Rebecca did. Rebecca had it at all hours of the day. Jimi and Kimberly were goofing off at the venue before the show tonight. They were standing there kicking each other's butts. Then all of a sudden the look on Kimberly's face changed from laughing to complete horror.

"Are you ok Kim?" I asked her.

"My water just broke" she said.

"Jimi, go get Stephen!" I yelled and he ran back to the bus.

The two of them came running back to us. Phillip called an ambulance to take Kimberly to the hospital. When it arrived they loaded Kimberly on and Stephen got in as well. We decided to still do the show tonight then go see her at the hospital when we're done.

Around 10:30 we finished our show then we all got on the bus. Our driver took us to the hospital where Kimberly was at. Stephen was giving us updates throughout the night. When we arrived at the hospital and found Kimberly's room. I texted Stephen and told him we were here. He came out of her room and told us what was going on.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She's good. She's six centimeters so she still has a little ways to go" He said.

"You guys can wait out here in the waiting room if you like. There's decent coffee in the cafeteria" He said.

"Alright thanks Stephen. Good luck" I said and Stephen nodded and walked back into the hospital room.

Jimi and I decided to go walk down to the cafeteria to get some coffee. I had my arm looped in Jimi's as we walked down the hallway.

"You know that day when Kimberly came over to our house and was ringing the doorbell repeatedly? I asked Jimi.

"Vaguely yes" he said.

"That was the day we found out she was pregnant" I said.

"What do you mean we?" he asked.

"Well, she told me she thought she was pregnant so we went to the store and bought a few pregnancy tests. When we came back home and she took them in the bathroom and that's when we found out she was pregnant" I said and giggled.

"Seriously, I will never understand you two" he said and kissed me.

We got our coffee and walked around the hospital a little while. We actually ended up getting lost. Somehow we ended up in the emergency room.

"This brings back some memories doesn't it" I said quietly.

"Yeah, it does" he said. We looked at each other and then turned around and walked away. We just avoided the entire subject of the last time we were in an emergency room because it was definitely not fun for either of us. We continued walking and then I got a text from Stephen.

"Kim had the baby" I said with a smile.

"Really?" Jimi asked with a smile as big as mine. We found our way back to the maternity ward of the hospital. We finally found Kimberly's room. The door was open and we walked in.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I asked as we walked in.

"Great! Meet Daisy Pearl" She said.

"She's beautiful" I said quietly with a smile.

"You want to hold her?" she asked and I nodded my head. Kimberly handed her to me and I carefully scooped her up.

"Hi Daisy, I'm your Aunt Karen" I whispered as I gently rocked her. After a few minutes I handed her back to Kimberly. We stayed with Kimberly and Stephen for about a half an hour then decided to go back out to the bus and head to the next venue. It's going to be weird not having Kimberly with us on stage, but we have one more weekend until the tour is over so we're going to finish it out.

Jimi and I were the last ones awake on the bus. We were sitting in the front of the bus on the couch talking, well it was more of him talking than me. I had a million other things running through my mind.

"What if I was pregnant too and there were three pregnant women on this bus?" I finally spoke up and giggled.

"Oh my... That would have been a disaster. Especially with the three of you. You guys always gang up on me, Phillip and Schlap. I couldn't imagine how you three would be if you were pregnant too" Jimi said and laughed.

"It defiantly would have been interesting" I said. Then we sat there in silence.

"So... what brought up the idea of you being pregnant?" he asked quietly.

"I don't know" I said avoiding eye contact with him.

"Babe, what's going on with you? You've been really quiet since we left the hospital" he said softly.

"I don't know. I just... I guess...After seeing Kimberly with Daisy and then holding her...I couldn't help but think about what it would be like if we had a baby, that's all" I said quietly.

"Are you trying to say that you want to have a baby?" he asked.

"I don't know, maybe" I said and looked up at him. He smiled at me.

"Do you want to have a baby?" I asked him quietly.

"Well, I don't know. Do you think we're ready?" He asked.

"I don't think anyone can ever be fully ready to have a baby, but I think we could handle it if we wanted to have a baby" I said. Then there was silence between us.

"So, are we going to try to have a baby?" he asked.

"If you want to" I said.

"Yeah I do" he said.

"Ok" I said and kissed him and wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. Then we got up and went to bed in our bunks.

I was in my bunk trying to fall asleep. I laid there for at least an hour thinking about our conversation we had just had. What if Jimi and I aren't ready to have a baby? Having three babies on the bus would be a lot to handle. If I would get pregnant, let's say tomorrow, then Daisy would be nine months old and Rebecca and Phillip's baby would be around five months old. Then Jimi and I would have a very tiny baby. That would be a lot of little tiny babies on a bus for long periods of time. Where would we even put three tiny babies on this bus? What were we thinking? We can't have a baby right now. I started freaking out so I crawled out of my bunk and into Jimi's. Normally I don't do the top bunk, but tonight was an exception because I was freaking out and I needed Jimi.

I opened the curtain and nudged Jimi.

"Jimi, wake up" I said quietly.

"What's going on? What's wrong?" he asked half asleep.

"Scoot over please" I whispered and he did just that. I crawled into his bunk and rested my head on his chest.

"Jimi, we can't have a baby yet" I whispered.

"Why not? You were so excited an hour ago" he said and started rubbing my back.

"We can't have three tiny babies on this bus at the same time. There is no way that we all could handle that. Then we would have to get a nanny and then we would have three tiny babies and a nanny that we would have to fit on this bus. I think we should wait to have a baby until the two babies that we know are coming get a little older first and aren't tiny babies anymore. Please don't be mad" I whispered really fast.

"Babe, breathe. If you don't want to have a baby yet, then we don't have to have a baby yet. If you don't think we're ready that's fine" Jimi said in a calming voice.

"And you're not mad?" I asked worriedly.

"I promise, I'm not mad" He said and kissed me.

"Let's get some sleep" he said and kissed my forehead.

"I love you" I whispered.

"I love you too" he whispered. Then we both fell asleep shortly after that.