Chapter Six

We stayed on the couch for a little while. We didn't have the TV on. We just sat there talking. Our positions changed a few times. Now Jimi was sitting with his back against the arm rest of the couch and I was between his legs with my back to his chest. We were covered in a blanket. I looked at the time and it was just reaching 2:00 in the morning. "Jimi, it's almost two in the morning" I said with a giggle. "Oh, really? I didn't realize that it was that late already" He said. "Do you want me to go so you can get some sleep?" He asked adjusting himself on the couch. "You don't have to. I wouldn't mind if you stayed over. You don't have to if you don't want to though" I said. "Are you sure you don't mind?" He asked. "Yes, I'm sure. You stayed over last night didn't you?" I said. "I did and I believe we slept on this couch together if I recall correctly" He said with a smile. "We did" I said and looked up at him. He leaned down and gave me a kiss.

I leaned into him a little more and made myself comfortable. We were both still in our clothes from tonight, but we didn't care. He started running his fingers through my hair and I was so relaxed. My eyes started to feel heavy and slowly closed. A few minutes later I feel the blanket being pulled up to my shoulders. I felt him kiss the top of my head and he moved down on the couch a little and turned off the only lamp that was on. I literally feel like I have everything I have ever wanted.

The next morning I woke up to Jimi combing his fingers through my hair. We were in the same position we were in last night. I looked up at him and rubbed my eyes and yawned. "Morning beautiful" He said softly. I smiled at him "Morning" I said and looked over at the clock on the DVD player. It was a little after 9:00. "How long have you been up?" I asked him. "About an hour" "Why didn't you wake me up?" "Because you looked so peaceful and beautiful and adorable and I didn't want to wake you." He leaned down and gave me a kiss. All i could do was smile.

I pushed the blanket off of us and we sat up. "I'm going to go upstairs and change into something more comfortable" I said getting up off the couch. "Ok. I'm pretty sure I have an extra set of clothes in my truck that I think I'm gonna go grab" He said. "Alright" I said and walked up the stairs.

I walked into my bedroom and pulled out the drawer in my dresser that has my sweatpants and I grab a pair. Then I go to my closet and grab a t-shirt. I change out of my clothes from last night. Honestly I have no idea how I even slept in these all night. I slipped a sports bra on then my t-shirt and sweatpants. I went into the bathroom and pulled my hair back into a bun. Then I took off what was left of my makeup and washed my face and brushed my teeth.

Last night couldn't have been more perfect. There is just something about Jimi that makes me forget about every problem I have ever had. I don't even remember the last time that I have been this happy with someone. There were sparks between us. That is the best way I can describe it. I never felt this way with Mark. I'm starting to question if I even loved Mark. I thought I did, but I guess not. Mark and I's first date was nothing compared to this. Jimi and I have only been on one date and I already want to spend the rest of my life with him.

I wiped my face with the towel and left my room and headed downstairs. I smelled the coffee brewing and what smells like eggs and bacon cooking. I walk towards the kitchen and see Jimi cooking up a storm. I entered the kitchen and stood next to him. "You know, you didn't have to do all of this. I would have been fine with a piece of toast or something" "A piece of toast is not a good breakfast. Eggs and bacon are way better. Especially if I make them" Jimi said with a chuckle that made me laugh. "Are you as good of a cook as Kimberly?" "Well maybe not that good, but a close second I would say" he said with a chuckle. "You keep telling yourself that" I said and patted his shoulder.

I noticed that the coffee was done. I went over to the cabinet and pulled out two mugs. I poured coffee in each of them. I like mine with a little bit of cream and sugar. "Jimi, how do you like your coffee?" "Just put a little milk in it" He said while flipping a strip of bacon. I finished making the coffee and brought it over to him. "Thanks" he said and gave me a kiss. I think I could get used to this. Him being here and just being with him. The more I am with him, the stronger my feelings grow.

Jimi finished up making breakfast. I got out some plates and set them on the counter next to the stove. He put some eggs and bacon on both plates. I grabbed some silverware and cups. "I think I have some orange juice in the fridge. Do you want some?" I asked. "Sure, I'd love some" He said with a smile. I poured some juice in the cups and then we sat down at the table.

"So what made you decide to cook breakfast?" I asked him with a smile. "I just felt like making my beautiful girlfriend breakfast" He smiled back. "Oh, so I'm your girlfriend now?" "Only if you want to be" "Well let me think about it..." I said and Jimi laughed. "I'm just kidding. Nothing would make me happier than being your girlfriend" I said and smiled at him. I reached across the table and squeezed his hand.

We finished up breakfast and cleared the table. "So what do you want to do today?" Jimi asked. "I was just thinking we could hang around the house today if you want" I said. "That's fine by me" "Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I asked. "Sure. You pick this time" He said and laughed. "Alright" I said and we made our way to the living room. I looked at Jimi with a smirk as I picked out the movie I wanted to watch. "What?" He asked. "I hope you like romantic mushy movies" I said and put the DVD in the player. "I'll watch anything that will make you happy" he said and smiled. "Well good because I picked 'The Notebook" I said and laughed. "I can't say that I have seen that one" He said and let out a chuckle. "It's one of my favorites" I said and sat next to him on the couch. As soon as I sat down he put his arm around me. I love it when he does that. It makes me feel safe.

The movie was almost over. Jimi still had his arm around me and I had my head resting on his shoulder. I looked up at him and he was asleep. I giggled a little and finished watching the movie. When it was over I turned the TV off and gently nudged him. "Jimi, wake up" He jumped a little "Huh, what?" I just laughed. "The movie's over. You fell asleep" I said and giggled. "Oh, I'm sorry" He said. "It's ok" I said and smiled at him. "Well, I don't know about you, but I'm getting hungry" Jimi said. "I could go for something to eat" I said. "Do you want to go out or stay in?" He asked. "Let's stay in and order a pizza" I said. "Alright, pizza it is" He said. He called the pizza place and ordered us a pizza.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the day?" he asked. "I was just thinking about having a lazy day" I said. "A lazy day sounds perfect" He said. He leaned over and kissed me. I swear, each time we kiss, it's like the first time. It has the same sparks every time. I could get used to this. Having him around. This home feels more like a home with him here.