Chapter Nineteen

After spending about fifteen minutes in the garden we decided to walk back to the barn. Jimi and I walked back hand in hand down the lighted path. "Jimi this was seriously the most amazing night" I said. "I'm glad you liked it. It took a few weeks of planning to get everything perfect" he said. "Why did it take so long?" I asked. "Well first, I had to find a ring. Kimberly had to help me" he said with a laugh. "Then I had to figure out how I was going to propose to you. Once I got it all squared away with Josh and his family I had to figure out when I was going to go see your parents. Let me tell you, leaving you here in Nashville for an entire week was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do" He said with a smile. I looked up had him and smiled at him. He leaned down and kissed me. "Well watching you board that plane was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do" I said when we pulled apart.

We made it back to the barn and then Jimi unplugged all the lights. Then we got back in the truck and headed back home. As we were driving home, Jimi reached over and grabbed my hand. He intertwined our fingers and then kissed my hand. "What kind of wedding do you want?" he asked. "I was thinking maybe a small wedding, with just close friends and family" I said. "That sounds perfect" he said and smiled.

We got home and went inside. It was just reaching midnight so we decided to go upstairs to bed. I changed into my pajamas and then went into the bathroom and took off my make-up. I started brushing my teeth when Jimi came into the bathroom and wrapped his arms around my waist. Then he started kissing down my neck and I tilted my head granting him more access. I finished brushing my teeth and Jimi slowly pulled me away from the sink while still kissing my neck. When we came out of the bathroom I turned around in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck and started kissing him. We walked over to the bed lip locked. Jimi laid me down on the bed and crawled on top of me. Our clothes didn't stay on for too much longer.

The next morning I woke up cuddled up next to Jimi with my head on his chest and his arm around my back and nothing but the blankets covering us. I felt him start rubbing the side of my arm. I looked up at him and smile. "Good morning beautiful" he whispered. "Morning" I said. He leaned down and kissed me. We laid there in a comfortable silence. I started to get a little cold and I reached for one of Jimi's shirts. "You cold?" he asked. "Yeah, a little" I said. Then he gently grabbed my arm and pulled me back into bed. "Come here" he said and wrapped his arms tightly around me and pulled the covers up around us. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest. "Can we just do this all day?" I whispered. "Nothing would make me happier" he whispered and kissed the top of my head.

We had stayed in bed until about noon. "I'm starting to get hungry" I said. "Well since it is about lunchtime, do you want to order in some Chinese food?" He asked. "That sounds really good" I said. He sat up and pulled out his phone. He called the Chinese place and ordered our usual. "The food will be here in about a half hour" he said and laid back down in bed. I curled up next to him again.

We talked with our arms wrapped around each other until the food arrived. We were still in bed when the food arrived. Jimi got up and slipped on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and went downstairs. A few minutes later, Jimi came back up with the food in hand. He sat down in bed and handed me one of the boxes. We started eating and just enjoyed each other's company.

At around 3:00 we decided to get out of bed. I hopped in the shower and Jimi went downstairs. After I was done I climbed out and put on a pair of athletic shorts and a t-shirt. I went back in the bathroom and slipped on my ring and brushed through my hair and let it dry naturally. Then I went downstairs and joined Jimi on the couch. "That ring looks great on you" he said as he wrapped his arm around me. I looked up and smiled at him. He leaned down and kissed me.

We hung out downstairs and watched a few movies. It rained all day, so it was a perfect day to stay home and watch a few movies. It was getting close to dinner time and I was getting hungry. "What do you want to do for dinner?" I asked. "I don't know, I'm up for anything" he said. "What if we make a homemade pizza?" I asked. "That sounds good to me" he said. "Do we have the stuff for it?" he asked. "We have some of the stuff, but I think we will have to run to the store and pick up a few things" I said. "Ok" he said.

We got up off the couch and walked into the kitchen. We pulled out the things we did have for the pizza. We had a jar of pizza sauce and some pepperoni. We had all the ingredients to make the curst. "If you want to start on the crust, I can go run to the store and get some cheese and vegetables" I said. "Yeah, I can do that" he said and kissed me. "Drive safe. I love you" he said and kissed me. "I will, I love you too" I said. I put on my shoes and grabbed my purse and keys and headed out the door.

I got in the car and pulled out of the drive way. It was still raining pretty heavy, so my windshield wipers were all the way up. There was water puddled all over the road. I was stopped at a stop light and all of a sudden I feel hard thud against the car and I was out in the middle of the intersection. Then I see a truck coming towards me from the passenger side and all of a sudden I am in a ditch upside down. I feel blood running down my face, then I blacked out.