Chapter Forty-Four

It is May 31st and Elijah is almost four months old. It is also mine and Jimi's fourth wedding anniversary. I'm not really sure what we are doing yet. We haven't really talked about it. We'll probably just have a quiet night together at home when Elijah goes down. Jimi's mom found his dad's watch the he loved as a kid. Alma called me and told me that she found it and suggested to give it to Jimi as an anniversary present, so that is exactly what I'm doing. She sent it in the mail and I got it a few days ago, so I had to wrap it up and hide it from him.

It is around 6:00 in the morning and I heard Elijah quietly squawking in the baby monitor. I was laying on my stomach with my arms around my pillow. Jimi had his arm around my back. I turned my head to face Jimi to see if he was awake yet.

"Happy Anniversary" Jimi whispered with a smile.

"Happy Anniversary" I said and kissed him.

"It's been a pretty great year, hasn't it?" he asked with a smile.

"It has been" I replied and kissed him. I cuddled into to him and he kissed the top of my head. Then Elijah's quiet squawks got even louder. Jimi and I started laughing. Then we rolled out of bed and walked towards Elijah's room.

I got him out of the crib and Jimi grabbed a clean diaper and an outfit for the day.

"If you got him, I can go make us some breakfast" Jimi said.

"Yeah, I got him. We'll be down in about ten minutes" I said and Jimi nodded.

After I got Elijah changed and dressed, I carried him downstairs. I sat down on the couch and started breast feeding him. Elijah finished eating just as Jimi finished up breakfast. I burped him then put him in his electric swing that was in the kitchen. Jimi had the table all set. He brought over the food and set it on the table. Then he walked back into the kitchen and brought back a beautiful bouquet of flowers in a vase. I had the biggest smile on my face.

"For you my love" Jimi said and kissed me.

"Jimi, they're beautiful" I said and smelled them. I set them down on the table.

"You're beautiful" he said and my cheeks got all rosy. We ate our breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen a little. Elijah was pretty content hanging out in his swing so we left him in there until it was time for his nap.

It was around 10:00 in the morning and I just put Elijah down for his morning nap. I was doing a little cleaning around the house. Our house is a disaster, I don't even remember the last time we cleaned. There are baby toys everywhere and we haven't dusted anything in like two weeks. When I was done I went over to Jimi who had just finished up the dishes from breakfast.

"So, I have to run to the store because Elijah is just about out of diapers and I have to stop at Phillip and Rebecca's to pick up that stroller that we borrowed them" I said.

"I can stay here and keep an eye little man" he said.

"Thank you" I said and kissed him. Then I went upstairs and took a shower and got dressed for the day. When I was done, I grabbed my purse and coat. I kissed Jimi and Elijah goodbye and headed to the store.

I picked up diapers and some wipes and a few other things we were running low on. Then I checked out and headed over to Phillip and Rebecca's to get that stroller. I was over at their house for about forty-five minutes before I headed back home. I was gone for a total of two and a half hours or so. I arrived home and the house was weirdly quiet. I walked around the living room and kitchen and saw no sight of Jimi or Elijah. They're probably upstairs in the nursery. I walked upstairs to the nursery and I didn't see them in there either. Jimi's truck was still in the driveway so I know he's home. I walked into our bedroom and Jimi was in the bathroom taking a shower. If Jimi is in the shower, I have no idea where Elijah is. I started to panic a little. I quickly walk into the bathroom.