Chapter Nine

I pulled into the parking lot of Jimi's apartment building. I got out of my car and walked inside. I got in the elevator and pushed the button for his floor. The elevator dinged and I walked down the hall. Jimi's apartment building was actually very nice with a lot of nice amenities. There was a pool and everything.

I walked up to his door and knocked on it. He came to the door and opened it. "Hey" he said and pulled me in for a hug. "How was lunch with Kimberly?" he asked as he guided me inside. "It was good" I said. He gave me a look that he knew I was hiding something. "But?" He asked with his eyebrows raised. "I sort of told Kim about us" I said slowly. "Oh...Well that's ok" he said and smiled. "You're not mad that I told her without talking to you first?" I asked him. "No I'm not mad. Why would I be mad?" He asked. He grabbed my hand and gently pulled me on the couch. "I don't know. Mark always got upset if I said or did something that was important without talking to him first" I said. He pulled me in for a hug. "I promise I'm not mad at you" he said and kissed me. That actually made me feel so much better.

"So what do you want to do for the rest of the day?" He asked. "I don't know. I'm up for anything" I said. We sat on the couch together for a minute. "I have an idea" Jimi said. "What?" I asked. "You'll see. Let's go" He said and grabbed my hand. We walked towards the door. "Jimi, where are we going?" I asked. "You'll see" He said. "That is your favorite phrase isn't it?" I said with a giggle. We walked down to his truck. He opened the door and helped me up. He got in the driver's seat and started driving.

As we were driving he reached over and grabbed my hand and I intertwined my fingers with his. We pulled up to an arcade. "Jimi, what are we doing at an arcade?" I asked him. "We're gonna mini golf" he said and I laughed. "I can't remember the last time I went mini golfing" I said. We climbed out of the truck and went inside.

We picked out our putters and balls and got a score card. We walked over to the course. I am terrible at mini golf. "Ladies first" He said. I set my ball down and hit it lightly so it wouldn't go flying. It took me about five tries to get it in. Then it was Jimi's turn. It took him only two tries. "That's not fair, you and Phillip golf together all the time" I said. "But that's regular golf" He said. "Same thing" I said and giggled. "No it's not" He said with a chuckle. He was about to kiss me. I decided it would be funny to leave him hanging. Just as he was about to kiss me, I turned my head and walked to the next hole. "Hey" He said and ran after me. I picked up my pace a little so he wouldn't catch up to me. He ran faster and caught up to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up from behind. "Jimi!" I yelled.

He set me down and I turned to face him. "We are not moving on until I get my kiss" He said. "Ok fine" I said and got closer to him. He put his hands on my cheeks and pulled me in and kissed me. We pulled apart. "Are you happy now?" I asked. "Yes I am" "Good" I said. Then we continued to play.

We finally finished playing and decided to leave. We walked to the parking lot and found the truck. "What do you want to do now?" I asked. "Well I was thinking we could go back to my place and hang out for a little while and then maybe make dinner" He said. "What are we going to make for dinner?" I asked. "I'm not sure. We will have to see what I have" He said.

We arrived back at his apartment and went inside. We looked in the cabinets for something to make. "Jimi, you have no food" I said with a giggle. "There has to be something we can make" He said. "All you have is frozen pizza and a box of mac and cheese" I said and continued laughing. "Are you making fun of me?" "Maybe" I said with a giggle. "Well, that's not very nice" He said and walked over to me. I saw the look in his eyes. "What are you doing?" I asked and walked backwards away from him. As he got closer I turned away and tried to run away. He grabbed my waist and picked me up and started walking. "Jimi, put me down!" I yelled. He walked over to the couch and laid me down. He started tickling me. I was laughing hysterically. "Jimi...stop!" I tried to say while laughing. I was out of breath and he finally stopped. He was on top of me. "That's what you get for making fun of me" He said. I wrapped my arms around his neck. Then he leaned down and kissed me. He pulled away and I smiled at him. "Should we go to the store and get something to make for dinner?" He asked. "Well if we want to actually eat dinner" I said and he laughed. "Let's go" He said and climbed off of me. Then he reached his hand out and I grabbed it. We left the apartment and walked back out to truck.

Then we went to the store. "So, what do you want to make?" He asked. "I'm kinda craving chicken and mashed potatoes" I said. "That does sound really good" He said. We walked around the store and grabbed what we needed. I also put a few things in the cart that Jimi needed like milk, eggs and a few other things that he can make that aren't mac and cheese. "We sure got a lot more than chicken and potatoes" He said. "You will starve if I didn't put this stuff in the cart" I said and giggled. We checked out and headed back to the truck.

We loaded the groceries in and climbed in. "Are you going to stay at my place tonight?" He asked. "Only if you want me to" I said. "I defiantly want you to" He said with a smile and reached over and grabbed my hand. "If I'm staying at your place, I need to grab some things from my house" I said and he nodded.

We pulled up into the driveway and got out. I unlocked the door and we walked inside. "I just need to grab a few things. I went upstairs and gabbed a bag out of my closet. I grabbed a couple of outfits because I don't know what I will feel like wearing tomorrow. Then I went into the bathroom and grabbed my toothbrush, makeup, wipes and shampoo and conditioner incase if I take a shower. I zipped up my bag and walked downstairs. "Got everything you need?" He asked. "Yep, I think so" I said. We walked back out to the truck and drove back to his apartment.

We walked in and Jimi took my bag to the bedroom. Then put the groceries away. Jimi seasoned up the chicken while I started on the potatoes. While we were waiting for the food to cook, Jimi put on some music. He played a slow song. He turned to face me and reached his hand out. "May I have this dance?" He asked. "You may" I said and set my hand in his. We started slowly dancing around the kitchen. "I love you" He whispered in my ear. I smiled then whispered back "I love you too"

We danced until the song finished. I had my arms around his neck and he had his arms around my waist. My chin was resting on his shoulder. "I should probably check the potatoes before they get too mushy" I said. We let go of each other and I drained the potatoes and started mashing them.

I finished up and Jimi pulled the chicken out. Then he grabbed some plates and silverware and set them on the table. We set the food on the table and started to eat. After we were done eating, we cleared the table and did the dishes. When we were done, we went into the living room and sat on the couch. "Should we watch a movie?" he asked. "Sure" I said. We decided on a movie then made some popcorn.

About halfway through the movie I fell asleep. I fell asleep with my head on Jimi's shoulder and his arm around me. When the movie was over, I felt Jimi move around and turn off the TV. I lifted my head and looked at him. "Is the movie over?" I asked with a yawn. "Yeah" Jimi said with a chuckle. "I was trying not to wake you. I was going to carry you to bed and everything" he said and kissed the top of my head. I smiled "You can still carry me to bed if you want to." Jimi stood up off the couch and then picked me up bridal style. He carried me over to his bedroom and set me down on the bed. I grabbed my pajamas out of my bag that was sitting on the bed and went into the bathroom to change and wash my face. I came back in and Jimi was already lying in bed. I crawled in next to him and laid my head on his chest and he wrapped his arm around me. I looked up at him and he leaned in and kissed me. "I love you" I said. "I love you too" He said. I laid my head back down and laid in a comfortable silence until we fell asleep.