Chapter Twenty-Eight

It's been about a week since Jimi and I saw Mark and his girlfriend at the burger place. Jimi and I are going to pick up some decorations for the wedding and then going grocery shopping afterwards. Jimi and I are getting ready to go. I am in the bathroom doing my makeup and Jimi is in the bedroom getting dressed.

We both finished getting ready and headed out. First we went to Hobby Lobby to pick up the decorations and of course to shop around a little. Jimi just followed me around.

"What do you think about this?" I asked and held up a silver wall decoration.

"For the wedding?" he asked.

"No, for the living room" I said and giggled.

"I like it if you like it" he said.

"You are seriously no help at all" I said and hit his arm.

"When it comes to decorating the house, I just agree with whatever you think is best because I have not a clue when it comes to decorating" he said and kissed my temple. I shook my head at him and put it in the cart. We got everything we needed and walked over to the checkouts.

"Do we really need all of this for the wedding?" Jimi asked.

"Yes we do" I said as we were walking out to the truck.

"Alright, whatever" Jimi said and chuckled as he helped me up. Then he climbed in and we headed over to Whole Foods for groceries. We have been on the road for the last month and we have the rest of the week off which means that Jimi and I have no food in the house.

Jimi pulled into the parking lot and parked the truck. We climbed out and I looped my arm in his and we walked towards the store. We reached the doors and you will never guess who was grabbing a cart. Mark. He was here by himself. He looked over at Jimi and I. I moved closer to Jimi and looped my arm tighter around Jimi's. Mark rolled his eyes and shook his head. He grabbed his cart and walked into the store. When Mark was no longer in sight, Jimi kissed the top of my head. We grabbed our cart and walked into the store as well.

"I haven't seen or heard from Mark in almost three years and now I have seen him twice in the past week" I said quietly. Jimi looked at me and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"It's going to be ok. You knew you couldn't avoid him forever" Jimi said in a soothing tone.

"Yeah, I guess. I was just getting used to the idea of him being completely out of my life that's all" I said quietly.

"I know, I was too" he said. We walked around the store and put some groceries and other necessities in the cart.

"As big as Nashville is, it still isn't big enough" I said and Jimi laughed.

"I couldn't agree more" Jimi said.

"Oh shoot. We forgot toothpaste. It's on the other side of the store. I'm going to go grab some" I said.

"Ok, I'll keep shopping" Jimi said and I walked over to the health and hygiene area.

I grabbed a box of toothpaste and then I walked back over to the food department. I was trying to find where Jimi was. I found the aisle he was in, but he wasn't alone. Mark had just walked up to him and started talking to him. I decided to go down the aisle next to them and try to listen.

"So, I'm curious, were you and Karen hooking up behind my back when we were married? I mean you guys were together an awful lot" Mark said in a snarky tone.

"Mark, we're in a band together, of course we are going to be together a lot" Jimi said.

"You were sleeping with her weren't you?" Mark said with a touch more anger in his voice.

"No, we were not sleeping together when you guys were married. Karen would never have done that to you, or anybody for that matter, no matter how angry she was with you. I can't believe you think she would do something like that. I can't believe you think I would do something like that. Clearly you never took the time to get to know her in the eight years you were married to her. She would never hurt anybody like that. And just so you know, Karen and I didn't start seeing each other until a few months after your divorce was finalized" Jimi said with anger in his voice as well. There was silence between them.

"Since you two just seem so perfect for each other, I hope you live happily ever after" Mark said in a snotty voice and walked away.

"Thank you, and we will" Jimi said confidently as Mark walked away. I had to laugh to myself when Jimi made that comment. God, I love that man. I made my way back over to Jimi.

"There you are" Jimi said as I walked down the aisle. He was grabbing a bottle of Ketchup off the shelf and then put it in the cart. I went up and hugged him.

"What's this for?" he asked and returned the hug.

"I heard you and Mark" I said quietly.

"Oh" Jimi said and kissed the side of my head.

"I love you" I said and looked up at him.

"I love you too" he said and kissed me. Then we continued shopping. Once we found all of our groceries we proceeded to the checkouts. Once everything was paid for and bagged we left the store. We loaded everything up and drove home. Jimi and I picked up a pizza on the way home from the store.

We arrived home and unloaded the groceries and wedding decorations and put them away. Then we sat down in the living room and ate our pizza and talked about wedding stuff.