Chapter Thirteen

The next morning I woke up with nothing but the blankets covering me, and Jimi for that matter. I was laying on my stomach with my arms around my pillow and Jimi was nuzzled in next to me with his arm around my back. He, for once, was awake before I was. I woke up to him running his fingers through my hair and down my back. I rolled over to face him. "Good morning beautiful" he said softly. "Morning" I replied. He rolled on his back and I cuddled up next to him and put my head on his chest. He continued to run his fingers through my hair. I could just lay here like this all day.

We laid in a comfortable silence for about twenty minutes. "What do you want to do today?" I asked. "I don't know. I was just going to ask you the same thing" He said. "Do you want to start moving some of your things into the house today?" I asked. "Sure, if you're up for it" "Ok" I said and adjusted myself on the bed a little bit so I was a little closer to Jimi. He wrapped his arm tighter around me. "We should probably get out of bed sometime soon if we want to get anything accomplished today" I said. "I don't wanna" Jimi said in a little kid voice. I sat up and covered myself with the sheet. "Come on, let's go" I said and grabbed his hand. He fought me on that. "If you don't get up, than you won't get to see any of this tonight" Gesturing towards my body. "Alright, I'm up" He said sitting up. I just laughed. I leaned over the side of the bed and grabbed Jimi's shirt that was on the ground. Jimi slipped on some sweatpants and we walked into the kitchen and got some coffee.

We sat down on the couch together and drank our coffee. It was about 10:00. "We should probably get dressed and start packing up your stuff" I said. "Yeah, probably" Jimi replied. We both walked into the bedroom. Jimi opened his dresser and picked out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I dug through my duffle bag and pulled out a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. I walked into the bathroom and changed into my clothes for the day. Then I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I brushed through my hair and pulled it back up into a bun. I walked out of the bathroom "That sweatshirt looks familiar" Jimi said. "Yeah, it's yours" I said with a smile. "So you are stealing my clothes" He said with a laugh. "Maybe" I said. Jimi came over to me and wrapped his arms around me. He started kissing my neck. Then he picked me up and carried me over to the bed. He laid me down and crawled on top of me. He continued to kiss my neck, then all of a sudden he starts tickling me. That is not where I thought this was going. I started laughing uncontrollably. "Jimi...Stop" I said while laughing. "This is what you get for stealing my clothes" He said with a laugh.

Jimi finally stopped and he laid down next to me on the bed. "Are you done tickling me now" I asked. "For now" He said with a smirk and I shook my head at him. "Are you ready to start packing now?" I asked. "Yeah, I guess" he replied with a sigh. "Do you have any boxes or do we have to run to the store and buy some?" I asked. "I have a bunch of bins in my storage container in the basement" He said. "Alright, let's go get them" I said. We rolled off the bed and walked out of the apartment and over to the elevator.

We reached the basement and Jimi unlocked his storage unit. It was filled with a ton of music equipment and guitars. "When did you get all this equipment?" I asked. "A lot of it is stuff I got as gifts from family throughout the years and the rest of it I got in college when I thought I had time for a solo career and pass all of my classes" He said and laughed. I let out a laugh as well. "I didn't realize you had all of this" I said. "Well, there was really no room in the apartment for it so I figured I would put this storage unit to use" He said. We grabbed all the bins and headed back over to the elevator. We got back to his apartment and started packing up all of his clothes.

It was around 3:00 and we had all of his clothes and most of the apartment packed up in boxes. We filled up his truck and my SUV and drove over to my house. We unloaded both vehicles and started unpacking. I decided that since I have a finished basement and I don't use it for anything, that Jimi could set up all of his music equipment down there. But I think I want to surprise him by repainting and setting it up myself and surprising him. Jimi does all sorts of little surprises for me that I think this would be the perfect surprise for him. I'm probably going to need Phillip's help for this.

While Jimi went back to his apartment to load up his dresser and bring it over here, I called Phillip.

"Hello" Phillip answered.

"Hey Phillip, it's Karen"

"Hey Karen, what's up?"

"So I want to do something for Jimi and I need your help"

"What do you need?"

"So, Jimi is moving into my house and he has a ton of music equipment in his storage unit in his apartment. My basement is finished and isn't being used for anything. I was thinking about turning it into a music room thing and I was wondering if you could help me out. I could use a man's perspective especially since that man happens to be Jimi's best friend"

"Yeah, sure Karen. I would love to help out. And I take it we're not telling Jimi about this?"

"You got it"

"Alright, my lips are sealed"

"Thanks Phillip"

"No problem" Phillip said and we hung up the phone.

How am I going to do this without him knowing? I can just say I'm going shopping with Kimberly even though I'll be with Phillip when we go pick out decorations and stuff. I could probably send Jimi out grocery shopping or something while I get the decorating done. Jimi came back with his dresser and some of his music stuff. We unloaded the truck and put the dresser up in my room. We went back over to his apartment and loaded up the rest of the stuff from the storage unit. We drove back over to the house and put it in the basement.

It was about 8:00 and we decided to order a pizza. Just about all of Jimi's things were at the house. A lot of it was still in boxes, but we'll take care of that another day. There were a few things that were still at the apartment yet, but we can just get them tomorrow. The pizza arrived and we set it down on the coffee table. We started eating and we turned on the TV. I leaned back on the couch and Jimi put his arm around me. "So, this is our first night living together" I said and looked up at him with a smile. "And I couldn't be happier" He said. "Me either" He leaned down and kissed me. We finished eating our pizza. I got up and threw away the empty box. I walked back over to Jimi who was still sitting on the couch. I stand in front of him. "I'm going to head up to bed if you want to join me" I said and reached out my hand. "Sure I'll join you" He said and grabbed my hand and I pulled him up. I started walking towards the stairs with Jimi following me while still holding my hand. "I love you, you know that?" he asked as we were walking up. I smiled, but didn't turn around. "I love you too"