Chapter Eight

I woke up the next morning with my back against Jimi's chest and his arm around draped around my waist. I turned my head to see if he was awake yet. Nope, still asleep. I carefully rolled over, in attempt not to wake him. His arm was still around me. I just laid there and watched him sleep. A few minutes later he woke up. "Good morning" I said. "Morning" he replied with a yawn. We laid there for a few minutes. "What time are you going to lunch with Kimberly?" he asked. "I'm meeting her at the restaurant at 12:30" I said. Jimi rolled over on his back and pulled me along with him. I was laying with my head on his chest again. Jimi had his arm around my back and was softly rubbing it. This was the perfect morning and I didn't want it to end.

We laid in bed for about an hour. It was a little after 10:00. "Do you want to head downstairs and get some breakfast?" He asked. "I suppose so" I said and we slowly climbed out of bed. We walked downstairs and I got out the coffee from the cabinet and Jimi filled the coffee maker up with water. I scooped the coffee into the basket and turned it on.

"What would you like for breakfast?" He asked. "I'm not really that hungry" "You should eat something. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day" He said and opened the fridge. "How about we split a bagel?" He suggested. "Sure" I said and smiled. He pulled out the bagels and put it in the toaster. "Cream cheese or butter?" He asked. "Cream cheese" I said. The bagel popped up and Jimi put a half on one plate and spread some cream cheese on it. Then he put the other have on a separate plate and spread cream cheese on it. He brought the plates over to the counter where I was sitting and put one in front of me. "Thank you" I said. "No problem" he said with that smile of his. We sat at the counter and ate our breakfast and drank coffee.

It was reaching 11:00 and I decided that I should go and grab a shower and get ready for the day. "I'm gonna go upstairs and take a shower and get ready for lunch with Kimberly" I said. "You can hang out and watch TV down here or something if you want" I said. "Ok. I'll probably head home after you're done getting ready because I am out of clothes to wear" He said and laughed. "Ok" I said and headed up the stairs.

I went into my bathroom and turned the water on. When it was warm enough I climbed in. I am getting to use to the idea of Jimi being around all the time. I don't want him to go home, but at some point he has to right? It is going to be lonely tonight without him here.

I finished up in the shower and climbed out. I wrapped the towel around me and went to my closet to find something to wear. I settled on a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. I went back into the bathroom and put on my make-up and blow dried my hair. I decided to let it go natural today because I didn't feel like straightening it. I finished up and it was 11:45. I went downstairs by Jimi. "You look great" he said as I sat down next to him. "Thank you" I said. He put his arm around me and we watched TV until it was time to go.

It was about 12:15 and I figured I should probably head over to Olive Garden. "I should probably get going" I said. "Alright me too" He said. We stood up off the couch. I grabbed my things and slipped my shoes on. We walked to the door together. We walked out and stood on the porch. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Thank you for staying over the past couple of nights" I said. "I wouldn't have had it any other way" He said. We let go of each other. Then he put his hands on my waist and mine were on the sides of his arms. He pulled me in for a kiss. "Give me a call when you are done with Kimberly and maybe we can do something tonight" Jimi said. "I'd like that" I said. Then we walked to our cars.

I pulled into the Olive Garden parking lot next to Kimberly's car. We got out of our cars at the same time. "Hey how have you been?" she asked. "Pretty good" I said with a smile. We walked into the restaurant and waited to be seated. We finally got a table and sat down. "So what have you been up to?" She asked me. I didn't really know what to say because I didn't want to tell her about Jimi just yet. So I panicked. "Jimi came over a couple of times and we went and saw that King Kong movie" I said, not completely lying.

The waitress came back and we ordered our food. "So, have you thought about dating yet?" Kimberly asked me. I almost choked on my pasta. "Ummm....I've thought about it" I said hesitantly. "Well, you know my friend Tony?" She asked. "Yeah?" I asked slowly. "Well he heard that you were single again and I thought that you would maybe like to go out with him" Kimberly said. "Kim, I don't know. I don't think that's a good idea" "Why not?" She asked. "Kim, it's not a good idea" I tried to convince her. "Give me one good reason why you can't go out with him" she said. I was at a loss for words. "I'm sort of seeing someone" I said, hoping she would drop it. "And you didn't tell me" Kimberly said surprised. "I'm sorry" I said and smiled. "Well, who is it? What's his name? Do I know him?" She asked. Again I was stuck. I didn't want to spill the beans yet. "Well ummm" "Come on, spit it out" she said. I started panicking. Kimberly raised her eyebrows at me. "What are you hiding?" Kimberly asked. I could feel my hands getting clammy. I was taking too long to answer. "It's Jimi" I finally spilled it. He's probably going to be mad that I told her. "As in Jimi Westbrook?" She asked surprised. "Yes" I said quietly. We sat there for a minute staring at each other. "When did you two start seeing each other?" "Sunday I guess" I said. Kimberly nodded her head slowly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. We just wanted to keep it between us for a while before we told anybody" "I guess I can understand that" she said and smiled.

"So, how did it happen?" She asked. "Well, I guess I have had feelings for him for a while, but I tried to push them aside because of the band. Jimi came over to watch a movie on Saturday. We watched a scary movie and I got freaked out. He left for the night. I went up to bed and got really freaked out. I called Jimi and he came over. We sat on the couch and eventually fell asleep together. We woke up the next morning together on the couch. Then my feelings sort of spilled out. Then he said he has had feeling for me for a while and then Sunday night he took me out on a date" I said. "Where did he take you?" "We went out to dinner then he drove us to his buddy's cabin and he set up a little outdoor theater and we watched a movie on the tailgate of his truck" I said. "That's really cute" Kimberly said. "It was. It was amazing" I said with a smile. "He makes you happy doesn't he?" "Yeah, he does" I said and continued to smile. "I could tell there was something different about you when we got here" "What do you mean?" I asked. "You just seemed happier. I could tell by your face. You were a lot more smiley" she said. "I'm really happy with him" I said. "Well, I'm glad that you're finally happy again" Kimberly said and I smiled at her.

We finished up our lunch and paid the bill. We walked out to the parking lot and hugged each other goodbye. Then I got in my car and started it up. I didn't feel like going home to an empty house so I texted Jimi.

"Hey, I'm finished up with Kimberly is it alright if I come over for a little bit?"

"Of course you can come over!" Jimi replied.

"Alright, I'll be there in about 15 min." I texted back.

I put the car in drive and headed over to Jimi's. I was away from him for two hours and I already miss him. I know that this is the guy that I am meant to be with.