Chapter Twenty-Nine

May 30th rolled around pretty quick. We have the next three days off and then it is CMA Fest. We decided to not tell the world about us getting married just yet because if we do, that's all that anyone will talk about when we do interviews later this week. Jimi and I also decided to take our honeymoon in December after Christmas, when we have more than three days off.

It is about two hours before the rehearsal. Jimi and I have spent the day at the church decorating with our Moms, my sister and Kimberly. We finished up and everyone decided to go home or back to their hotels until the rehearsal tonight at 5:00. Jimi and I were the last ones to leave.

"Instead of going home, how about we go for a walk on the trail behind the church?" Jimi suggested.

"I'd like that" I said and smiled at him. He reached for my hand. I set my hand in his and we walked outside.

We walked across the parking lot to the trail that is in front of a patch of woods. We didn't really say much. When we reached the trail, I looped my arm in Jimi's. We just walked and took in the scenery around us. We walked the trail for the next hour and a half, taking in what is around us.

We found a bench and sat down. Jimi had his arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on his shoulder. He was gently running his hand up and down my arm.

"It's really peaceful out here" I said quietly.

"It is" he said and kissed the top of my head. There was a moment of silence.

"We are going to be married tomorrow" he said.

"I can't wait" I said and lifted my head. We leaned in and kissed.

Jimi pulled out his phone to check the time.

"We should probably head back to the church" He said and I nodded. We stood up and finished the loop back to the church.

We arrived back at the church and just about everyone was there, except Phillip and Rebecca. Phillip is notorious for being late to just about everything. We were waiting in the front of the church and the two of them walked in. You could tell Rebecca was scolding him as they walked in. It was pretty funny.

"Sorry we're late guys, someone just had to make a sandwich two minutes before it was time to leave" Rebecca said.

"Sorry guys" Phillip said and we all laughed.

We started the rehearsal. It lasted about forty-five minutes. Then we all went out for dinner and drinks. We decided to have a casual dinner at a barbeque place in town.

Jimi and I sat next to each other. Jimi had his hand resting on my thigh the whole time. Everyone started sharing stories. Our parent's really enjoyed telling stories from when we were little.

"The look on Karen's face when we got her that Dolly Parton tape was priceless. She went up to her room and would sing to that tape all day long if we let her" Karen's mom said and everyone laughed.

"Before Jimi actually learned how to play guitar, he would walk around the house strumming away on an out of tune guitar, singing George Jones. It used to drive everybody nuts" Jimi's mom said and everyone laughed again.

"You know Karen, you never told me how you and Jimi started dating" Kelly, my sister, asked. I looked at Jimi and smiled.

"Well, Jimi and I had went out to lunch on a Saturday afternoon, before we started dating. After lunch, we went to my house and were going to watch a movie since it was raining. I made the mistake of letting Jimi pick the movie because he picked a scary movie. Long story short, I was terrified by the end of the movie" I said.

"She had a death grip around my arm. I'm pretty sure there were bruises" Jimi said with a chuckle and I nudged him with my shoulder.

"Jimi had left and it was storming. I kept freaking out because I thought I was hearing noises. So I called Jimi and he offered to come over. He came over and we fell asleep on the couch together and the next morning everything sort of just spilled out. Later that night Jimi took me on our first date" I said and then an Aww from everyone else.

"Where did he take you?" Rebecca asked.

"We went out to dinner and then he took me to Josh's hunting cabin that has a barn. Jimi had set up a white tarp on the side of the barn and set up a projector. He brought blankets and pillow and we laid on the tailgate of his truck and watched a movie" I said and followed by an Aww once again, from everyone.

"Phillip, why don't we ever do anything like that?" Rebecca asked and playfully hit his arm.

"Thanks for setting the bar so high, Jimi" Phillip said sarcastically and everyone laughed.

After dinner Jimi, his brother's and his friends were going bar hopping before calling it a night. Jimi is staying at Phillips house tonight. Kimberly, Rebecca and the rest of the bridesmaids are going back to our house. Apparently my sister and Kimberly bought a ton of wine so, it'll be an interesting night.

We finished up dinner and paid the bill. Before we parted ways, Jimi wrapped his arms around me.

"Have fun tonight. Please be safe. I love you" I said.

"I will. I love you too" he said and kissed me.

"Phillip, make sure he makes it back to your house in one piece please" I said and looked over at Phillip.

"You got it boss" Phillip said and saluted me.

"I'll see you at the alter" Jimi said and kissed me again.

"See you at the alter" I said and smiled at him. Jimi gave me one last kiss and squeezed my hand before we parted ways.

Tomorrow is our wedding day.