Chapter Thirty-Eight

"You're pregnant?" he asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I am" I said quietly with a smile on my face. He set the box, with the pregnancy test in it, down on the bench then grabbed my cheeks and pulled me in for a kiss. I started getting teary eyed and Jimi wiped the tears away with the pads of his thumbs.

"We're going to have a baby" he said excitedly and pulled me in for a hug.

"That explains why you didn't want wine with dinner" he added with a chuckle and I nodded. Then he put his hand on my stomach.

"This is so amazing. We're going to be parents. You will finally get to be a mom." he said and kissed my stomach. I couldn't help but smile. The tears started to make their way down my cheeks and I wiped them away as best as I could.

"When did you find out?" he asked with his hand still on my stomach.

"Last night, I had been feeling kind of weird lately, especially this last set of shows, but I didn't think much of it until I realized that I was a week and a half late. So I took the last four pregnancy tests that we had in the bathroom cupboard and they were all positive."

"What was the weird feeling?" he asked.

"I was craving waffles" I said seriously and Jimi started laughing.

"You don't even like waffles" Jimi said with a chuckle.

"Exactly!" I said.

"What does craving waffles have to do with you thinking you're pregnant?" He asked.

"Well, I remembered the day that Kim came over and I asked her what made her think she was pregnant and she said she was craving some weird foods that she normally doesn't like. Then that's when I realized that I was late and then that lead me to this" I said and pointed at the test.

"Oh, I gotcha" he said.

"This has been the best anniversary yet" He said and kissed me again. The he lowered his face to my stomach and kissed it.

"I love you so much" he said and kissed me again.

"I love you too" I said. Jimi leaned back in the seat so his back was to the arm rest. I leaned into him so my back was to his chest and his arms were around my waist and he kissed the top of my head.

"I made an appointment tomorrow for the doctor to make sure, you are welcome to join me, if you would like" I said and looked up at him.

"I wouldn't miss it" he said and kissed me.

We stayed out on the lake until about 10:00. It started to get a little chilly so we headed back to shore. Jimi docked the boat and unplugged the lights. He wrapped them up and then we got in the truck and drove home.

We walked inside and set our stuff down and walked into the kitchen.

"I had this bottle set aside for tonight, but the plans have been changed" Jimi said pulling out a bottle of my favorite wine.

"You don't have to be sober on our account" I said with my hands on my stomach. Then I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tip toes and kissed him.

"I can't drink your favorite wine without you" he said.

"How about we save this for after we have our little munchkin and we can have a glass after he goes to bed and both of us are in desperate need of a drink" Jimi said and kissed me.

"That sounds like a plan. And what makes you think that our little munchkin is going to be a boy?" I asked with my arms still around his neck.

"I'm not saying that our little munchkin is going to be a boy I was just using he as a reference instead of it" he said and I laughed.