Chapter Seven

The pizza arrived and Jimi got up and went to the door. He paid the guy and brought the pizza over to the coffee table. I got up and went to the kitchen to get some drinks. I walked over to the cabinet and crabbed two glasses. "What do you want to drink?" I asked. "What do you have?" "There's Coke, Water, Iced tea and milk" I said. "I'll have iced tea" he said. I went over to the fridge and grabbed the pitcher of iced tea and poured it into the two glasses. I brought them over to the coffee table. "Thanks" he said and smiled. "Thanks for the pizza" I said and returned the smile.

We started eating the pizza. We started talking about anything and everything. It had been several hours since we finished eating and we were still sitting on the couch. The TV wasn't on. We were just talking and enjoying each other's company. On the couch, I was sitting with my back against the arm rest and Jimi was sitting in the middle of the couch. I had my feet in his lap and his hands were resting on the tops of them. It was starting to get close to dinner time and I was getting hungry. "What do you want to do for dinner?" I asked. "I think it would be fun if we would cook together" He said. "That would be fun" I said and smiled at him. "What are you in the mood for?" I asked. "Well, what do you have?" "There is stuff for spaghetti and tacos I believe" "Let's do tacos" "Alright sounds good to me" I moved my feet off of his lap and we both got up. We walked to the kitchen and I grabbed out everything we would need from the cabinet. Jimi grabbed the meat from the fridge and got out a frying pan. He put in the meat and started cooking it. I started chopping up some vegetables. I turned on the little radio that was in the kitchen. I started softly singing along to the song that was playing. I saw Jimi smile out of the corner of my eye. I looked up at him. "What?" "Nothing, I'm just admiring your beautiful voice" he said. I just smiled and continued to chop up the onion that was in front of me.

The next song came on and I started sing along softly again. I put the chopped onion in a bowl and moved onto the lettuce. I walked over to Jimi to grab another bowl and nudged him with my hip. He looked at me and smirked. As I was grabbing a bowl out of the cabinet, he turned around and wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up and spun me around in the air. "Jimi, put me down!" I yelled while laughing. He set me down so I was sitting on the counter. He walked in between my legs and put his hands on my hips and kissed me. A passionate kiss.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and continued to kiss him. We pulled apart and I rested my forehead on his. We sat there for a moment "I think I love you" I whispered. "I think I love you too" he whispered back. "I have always loved you" he added, with our foreheads still touching. I looked at him and smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he picked me up off the counter. With my arms still around his neck, he set me down on the ground. I didn't want to let go of him. We stood there for a minute with our arms around each other.

I got a whiff of the taco meat cooking. "I think you have some meat to attend to" I said letting go of him. "And you have some lettuce that needs to be chopped" He said. Before I walked back over to the cutting board, I stood on my tip toes and kissed him again. We continued making dinner and singing along to the radio.

When I was done chopping up the lettuce and the tomatoes, I walked back over to Jimi. He was adding the taco seasoning to the meat. He stirred it in then scooped up a little on the spatula. He blew it off and put it near my mouth to try. I opened my mouth and let the little piece of meat fall in. "Tastes good" I said. "I'm glad it's up to your standards" He said with a smirk. I gave him the stink eye and nudged him with my shoulder.

We moved everything over to the table. I grabbed some plates and silverware and Jimi grabbed some cups and the gallon of milk in the fridge. We sat down at the table and started making up our tacos. "I can honestly say that I have not had that much fun cooking since I was little" I said. "I would have to agree" Jimi said.

We finished up dinner and we cleaned up the kitchen. When we were done we went back to the living room. All I wanted to do was sit on the couch, cuddled under a blanket, with Jimi's arms around me. We sat back down on the couch. "I think this has been the best lazy day I have ever had" I said. "Me too. I wouldn't have traded it for the world" He said and kissed me. "You're sweet" I said.

I heard my phone go off. "Can you hand me my phone?" I asked Jimi. He reaches over and grabs it off the end table. "It's Kimberly" He said looking at the lit up screen. "She probably wants to do something tomorrow. I've canceled on her four or five times this week" I said.

I read the message and sure enough Kimberly wants to go get lunch tomorrow. I agreed since I haven't really done anything with her all week. "Kimberly and I are getting lunch at Olive Garden tomorrow" I said. "That will be fun" Jimi said. "Yeah, I kinda feel bad about canceling on her so many times" I said. "Why were you canceling on her?" He asked. "Well, I wanted to spend time with you" I said and smiled at him. "Ditching your best friend for a guy? Isn't that against the rules or something?" He asked with a chuckle. "Not if she doesn't know I was ditching her for a guy" I said. He just laughed. "I will never understand how women operate. There are too many rules" He said an I nodded my head in agreement.

We sat on the couch talking again until about midnight. "It's getting pretty late" Jimi said. "Oh yeah, it is" I said. I really hope he doesn't want to go home yet. I mean, I would understand if he did considering he has stayed here for the past two nights. "You don't have to, but if you want, you can stay here again" I said quietly and looked up at him. "Are you sure? Because I don't want to overstay my welcome" He said. "I really love having you here. It's less lonely. After a while, I drive myself crazy being in this house by myself" I said. "Well I would be happy to keep you company" He said and wrapped his arm around me tighter.

"You know, we can sleep upstairs if you want to" I suggested, hoping he would go for it. I really didn't want to sleep on the couch again. "Only if you're ok with it" He said. "I really don't want to sleep on the couch again" I said and giggled. "Alright, let's go upstairs" He said and stood up. He reached his hand out and I grabbed it. He pulled me up off the couch and we walked hand in hand up the stairs. I really love how considerate he is of my feelings and boundaries. I can honestly say that if I had met Jimi before Mark, I probably never would have married Mark.

We made our way to the bedroom. I decided to keep my sweatpants and t-shirt on rather than changing into a pair of pajamas. Jimi was also wearing sweatpants. "Is it alright if I sleep with my t-shirt off?" He asked. "Sure, whatever makes you comfortable" I said. Jimi took off his shirt. I couldn't help but stare. He is a very muscular man. I slid under the covers and then Jimi did. "Comfy bed" he said. "Yeah, I let Mark have our bed because I wanted a new one" I said. "Well you have a good taste in beds" He said and laughed. I scooted closer to him. He leaned in and kissed me. After we pulled apart, we laid there in silence for a moment. "I love you" I whispered with a smile. "I love you too" He whispered back. He stretched his arm out and motioned for me to scoot closer. I laid with my head on Jimi's chest with my arm around his stomach. Jimi had his right arm around my back and his left hand on my arm. He kissed the top of my head and gently ran his hand up and down my arm until I fell asleep. This is the safest I have ever felt.