Chapter Twenty-Three

Around 6:00, I started to shift around in bed. I looked up at Jimi, who was already awake. He still had his arm around my back with his hand resting on my side. He was holding his phone with his other hand, playing Tetris. He glanced down at me. 

"How did you sleep?" he asked and set his phone down.

"Good" I said and stretched a little.

"That's good" he said and kissed me.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked him.

"Since 4:45ish" he said.

"You could have woken me up" I said.

"I wasn't going to wake you. You need your rest. And I didn't mind watching you sleep" he said with a smile and wrapped his other around me.

"Are you hungry for dinner yet?" he asked.

"I'm really craving some pizza" I said and he laughed.

"Of course you are" he said and kissed me.

"Can we go downstairs for a little bit?" I asked him.

"Sure, but we should probably change your bandage on your arm" he said.

"Oh yeah, probably" I said. I moved the covers off of me and slowly crawled out of bed. Jimi helped me over to the bathroom. I faced the mirror and slowly took of the bandage. It hurts a lot. I finally got the bandage off and I looked at it. The scrape took up most of my upper arm. I threw away the old bandage and I waited for Jimi to come back with a new one and some dressing. He walked into the bathroom and looked at me. He stood in the doorway for a moment before handing me the new bandage. He helped me clean it off. I grabbed a wash cloth and ran it under the hot water. I started to carefully press down on the scrape. I winced in pain and then stopped.

"Do you want me to do it?" Jimi asked softly and I nodded. I handed him the wash cloth. He started cleaning it. I winced in pain and grabbed onto the counter.

"I'm so sorry babe" Jimi said quietly.

"Its fine, just hurry up" I whispered in pain. He finally finished and set the wash cloth in the sink.

"There, all done" he said and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you" I said and he kissed my cheek again. Then he dressed it and carefully put the new bandage on my arm and taped it up.

"All finished" he said.

"Thank you Jimi" I said and hugged him.

We walked out of the bathroom and walked downstairs. Jimi ordered the pizza and we spent the rest of the night on the couch. Around 9:30 we decided to go up to bed. We made our way up the stairs and got ready for bed. Jimi climbed in bed first. Then I crawled in and laid down next to Jimi. He wrapped his arms around me. 

"I'm so glad to be sleeping in a normal sized bed" I said.

"I'm so glad I get to continue to hold you" he said. I looked up at him and smiled.

"I love you" I said.

"I love you too" he said and kissed me. Then I rested my head on his shoulder and fell asleep almost instantly.

I started to dream again. It was the same dream I had before. Jimi and I were in the car. The headlights came at us. Although this time, as we were flipping through the air. Jimi flies out of the car through the windshield and I couldn't see him. The car landed and I crawled out to try to find Jimi. He was nowhere to be found and I started to freak out.

"Babe, wake up" Jimi said as he was gently shaking me. I sat up really fast and I was breathing heavy. Jimi sat up as well. I ran my hands over my face and the tears started falling. I felt Jimi put his arm around my back and start rubbing it. I still had my hands covering my face and I leaned into him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked softly.

"You flew out of the car and I couldn't find you" I said with my hands still covering my face. Then I looked up at him, with tears in my eyes, and he wrapped me in a hug. I cried into his shoulder.

"I couldn't find you" I whispered into his shoulder through the tears. He kissed my temple and started rubbing my back.

"I'm right here babe. I'm right here" he said in a comforting voice. Jimi continued to rub my back. My breathing started to slow down as well as the tears.

"Are you ok? He asked and I nodded my head.

"I just want it to all go away. I want to stop being afraid. I want to stop having nightmares. I want to stop having panic attacks as soon as you leave the room. I just want it all to stop" I said with a tearful voice.

"It will get better, you just have to give it some time. And I'm not going anywhere. I promise you, I'm not going anywhere. You're stuck with me forever" he said and I smiled. He pulled me in for another hug.

"Thank you" I said as we pulled apart.

"For what?" he asked.

"For being amazing. For loving me. For being here and just being you" I said.

"I couldn't imagine being anywhere else" he said and kissed me.

"I love you so much" he added.

"I love you too" I said and kissed him again. Then we laid back down. Jimi wrapped his arms around me again and we eventually fell back asleep.