Chapter Twenty-Five

Jimi and I sat down on the couch and talked about our day. Jimi sat on the end of the couch by the armrest and I sat down next to him and leaned against him. He had his arm around my shoulder with his hand resting on the side of my arm. I had my head resting his shoulder. I had my knees close to my body, but they were resting on Jimi's thighs. My body was turned towards him slightly. We sat there on the couch for about a half an hour before we had to get ready for dinner.

I looked at the time and figured I should probably get changed. The restaurant is semi-formal so the jeans, t-shirt and boots I am wearing, probably isn't the best attire to wear. I untangled myself from Jimi and sat up.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm going to change before we go to dinner" I said and stood up.

"Oh, I should change too. I probably shouldn't wear my golf clothes" he said.

"Probably not" I said and giggled.

We both walked upstairs to our bedroom. Jimi put on a pair dark jeans, a button up shirt and a nice jacket. I stood in front of my closet for about five minutes. Jimi walked over to me.

"You look beautiful in anything" he whispered and kissed my cheek. When I was with Mark, I could stand in front of my closet for a half an hour and the only thing he would say to me was "Are you ready yet?" Jimi will stand there and tell me how beautiful I am until I finally decide on an outfit. Jimi always makes a point to tell me how much he loves me. He always makes sure that I know he's not going anywhere. It just makes me love him so much more. I never had this sense of security when I was with Mark.

"What do you think about this?" I asked him as I pulled out a dress that was black and white. It was white and flowy at the top and the bottom was black and was like a pencil skirt from the waist down to just below my mid-thigh.

"Like I said before, you look beautiful in anything." He said and smiled at me.

"You are no help at all" I said and rolled my eyes at him. I walked into the bathroom with my dress and started on my hair. I put in some loose curls and pinned part of my hair back. Then I started on makeup. When I was finished, I slipped out of my clothes and put on my dress. There was a button in the back that I couldn't get myself. I walked out of the bathroom and I saw Jimi sitting on the bed. His eyes widened as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Can you get this button for me?" I asked him as I walked over to him. I turned my back to him. He nodded with his eyes still wide. I felt him button it and then push my hair to one side and kiss my neck.

"You look gorgeous" he whispered and kissed my neck one more time.

"Thank you" I whispered back. Then I walked away from him and back over to my closet. I picked out a pair of black heeled booties and slid them on. Then I grabbed my black leather jacket and put it on. I walked out of my closet and back over to Jimi who was sitting back down on the bed.

"Ready to go?" I asked and Jimi nodded his head.

We walked downstairs and out to the truck. Jimi helped me up. He went over to the driver's side and climbed up. Then he drove us to the restaurant. Jimi pulled into the parking lot and then he helped me down. I looped my arm in his and we walked inside. The hostess seated us right away and handed us menus. Jimi ordered us a bottle of wine to start off with.

"What are you going to order?" He asked.

"I was thinking about the Chicken Parmesan, you?" I asked.

"I figured that's what you would get. It's your favorite." He said with a smile.

"I'm thinking about the cheese stuffed ravioli" he added.

The waitress came back and we both ordered our food.

"Thank you for bringing me here tonight" I said and smiled at him.

"My pleasure. We haven't had a date night in a while and I love seeing the look on your face when I surprise you." he said and reached across the table for my hand.

"And I love you" he added and kissed my hand

"I love you too" I said and squeezed his hand.

The waitress came back with our food. We ate and talked for about an hour. We put our leftovers in a box. Then Jimi and I left. We walked back out to the truck.

"How about we go for a drive?" he asked and grabbed my hand.

"Sure" I said.

Jimi drove out of town. He pulled up to the county park and pulled over.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"I thought we could stargaze for a little while" he said.

"That sounds perfect" I said and smiled at him.

He grabbed the blankets from the back seat and laid them out on the tailgate. He also just happened to have two pillow in the back seat as well. He helped me up and then we laid down. He pulled a blanket over us and he wrapped his arms around me. I had my head resting in the crook of his shoulder and chest so I could look up at the stars, but still be close to him.

"Did you have this all planned out?" I asked.

"Maybe" he said with a smirk and kissed my forehead. We laid there for a few hours. We didn't really talk much, it was more of just enjoying each other's company.

It was reaching 11:00 and we decided to call it a night. We climbed off the tailgate, grabbed the blankets and climbed in the truck. Jimi started the truck and drove us home. When we arrived home and Jimi and I walked inside. I took off my jacket and laid it over the reclining chair in the living room. I turned back around and Jimi was standing right behind me. Then he picked me up bridal style and carried me up the stairs.

"I have been waiting to get you out of this dress all night" he said as he was walking up the stairs.

"Have you now?" I replied with a smirk.

We reached our bedroom and Jimi laid me down on the bed and kissed me. Then he unbuttoned my dress and I unbuttoned his shirt and soon we were both out of our clothes.