Chapter Forty

Currently, I am twelve weeks pregnant. I have an ultra sound tomorrow and I'm pretty excited and nervous. We find out tomorrow if we can start telling people about the baby and I hope everything goes well. I have been following the instructions given by the doctor and there hasn't been any problems so far. Let's just hope that it continues to go well and we will have a healthy baby at the end of it all.

"It's around 9:30 at night and Jimi and I were sitting on the couch watching a movie. Jimi was sitting with his feet up on the coffee table and leaned into the armrest. I was laying with my head in Jimi's lap with a blanket around me. Jimi was running his fingers through my hair and it was so relaxing. I was starting to fall asleep.

"Hey, why don't we go up to bed?" Jimi suggested and rubbed my arm.

"Are you sure?" I asked and yawned.

"Yes I'm sure. And we have an early start tomorrow" he said.

"Ok" I said and sat up. Jimi stood up and pulled me up with him.

We walked up the stairs and made our way to the bedroom. I got changed and ready for bed. I climbed in and crawled under the covers and waited for Jimi. He climbed in and I scooted closer to him. He wrapped his arm around me and kissed me.

"I love you" he whispered.

"I love you too" I whispered back with a smile. Within minutes, I was asleep.

The next morning I woke up to my alarm going off at 7:30 for the ultrasound at 9:00. I was laying on my stomach and Jimi was lying next to me with part of his chest resting on my back with his arm around me. I reached for my phone and turned off the alarm. Jimi hadn't moved an inch. I sat up a little and nudged him.

"Jimi, babe, wake up" I said and he groaned.

"If you want to stay in bed, I can go to this ultrasound by myself if you want. I don't care" I said, knowing he'll get up after saying that. He hasn't missed an ultrasound and I don't think he wants this one to be the first.

"I'm getting up" he said and slowly sat up.

"I'm going to hop in the shower while you wake up a bit" I said and rubbed his arm.

I hopped in the shower. When I was done, I wrapped the towel around myself and dried my hair and brushed my teeth. Then I walked out of the bathroom to see Jimi laying down on the bed asleep. I walked over to the bed and shook his arm.

"If you don't get up right now, I'm going to leave without you" I said. He instantly sat up.

"I'm going, I'm going" He said and climbed out of bed. Then he looked at me.

"Hey, you're not even dressed yet" he said.

"Yeah, I know. I had to say something to get you out of bed" I said with a giggle. He rolled his eyes and walked to the bathroom.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and a white long sleeve t-shirt. I started getting dressed and I noticed that it was a little difficult to button my jeans. I got them buttoned, but they were tight around the waist. I walked over to the mirror and adjusted my shirt a little. I turned to the side and I noticed that I had a little baby bump. I hadn't even noticed until today. I ran my hands over my bump and kept looking in the mirror. This is amazing.

A few minutes later, Jimi walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. He threw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I was still looking at my stomach in the mirror and had my hands resting on it. Jimi walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders and kissed my cheek.