Chapter Five

It was 5:30 and I decided to go upstairs and get ready. I hop in the shower. When I'm done I get out and wrap the towel around myself. I walk to my closet and try to pick out something to wear. I decided to go with a dressy casual outfit. I picked out a pair of nice skinny jeans with a nice blue tank top and a black leather jacket to go with. I put on the jeans and tank top and go back into the bathroom and plug in my straighter and do my makeup while it heats up. I finished my makeup and start on my hair. I straighten all of it and brush through it one more time. I go back to my room and put on my jacket and pick out a pair of black heals and slipped them on.

I walked downstairs and it was almost 7:00 so I decided to wait on the couch. A few minutes later I saw him pull up in the driveway. I got up off the couch. I heard him knock on my way over to the door. I opened it and he was standing there wearing dark jeans, a button up shirt and a nice jacket, holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

"You look beautiful" He said. "Thank you, you don't look to bad yourself" I said moving to the side so he could walk in the house. "These are for you" He said and handed me the flowers. "They are beautiful" I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a vase and filled it with water. I put the flowers in the vase and set them on the coffee table. "Are you ready to go?" He asked me. "Yep" I said and grabbed my clutch and followed him out to the truck. He helped me up and closed the door. Then he climbed in the driver's seat and pulled out of the driveway.

Jimi started driving down the road. "So where are we going?" I asked him. "You'll see" Jimi said. We were heading towards downtown Nashville so I'm assuming that we are going somewhere to eat. Jimi pulls into a parking space on the street and gets out and helps me down like the gentleman he is. We start walking down the sidewalk, since it is nearing the end of September, it is a little chilly. I loop my arm with Jimi's in an attempt to warm myself up a little. "You cold?" He asked. "Just a little" I replied and smiled at him. "Don't worry, we're almost there" he said.

We walk into a semi-formal restaurant so what I was wearing was perfectly fine. Jimi had made us reservations for 7:30 so we were right on time. The hostess seated us and handed us a drink menu. "What do you want to drink?" Jimi asked. "I'm thinking wine" "That's what I figured. Any one in particular? I'll have what you have." he said. "Any of the white wines would be fine" I said. The waitress came back and Jimi ordered us a bottle of white wine, which I thought was really sweet. Mark never was a wine drinker so every time we would go out he would order beer and I would order whatever, and half the time we would sit there in silence anyways.

"It's been a while since I have gone out to dinner with someone other than Kimberly" I said. "This is nice" "Didn't Mark ever take you on a dinner date or anything?" He asked. "When we first got married we went on a few, but then we just sort of stopped I guess. Then we became more distant and could barely stand to be in the same room as each other. Towards the end I would avoid being at home as much as possible because everything turned into a fight." I said. Jimi gave me a sympathetic look and I returned it with a half-smile. The waitress came back with the wine and poured our glasses.

Jimi and I looked at the menu and decided on what to order. Then the waitress came back and we ordered our food. Jimi and I sparked up a conversation and before we knew it, our food arrived. We finished up eating and Jimi covered the bill. Then we left the restaurant.

We walked back to Jimi's truck and drove away. We were heading out of town. "Where are we going?" I asked. "You'll see" He said we a smirk. We drove up a long driveway. "Jimi, is this someone's house? Are you sure we can be here?" I asked. "It's my buddy's cabin. They only ever use it for hunting and I asked him if we could use it tonight. Well, the barn anyway" He said. "What is the barn for?" I asked. "You'll see" he said. He turned the truck around so the tailgate was facing the side of the barn. There was a big white tarp hanging down from the roof that was covering the side. "Stay here until I'm done getting everything set up, you'll be warmer" He said. "Ok" I turned around in my seat and I noticed some blankets and pillows in the back seat. Then I saw him setting up some sort of stand. I turned back around and decided to be surprised.

Jimi opened the back door and pulled the blankets and pillows out. "I'm almost done I promise" He said. He jumped up on the back of the truck and laid them out. He jumped back off and came over to my door. He reached his hand out. I set my hand in his and climbed out of the truck. Still holding hands, he escorted me to the tailgate. He helped me climb up. Then he went over to what looks like a projector and turned it on and a movie started playing. He jumped back up on the tailgate and sat next to me. "Oh my God, Jimi, this is amazing" I said. "No one has ever done anything like this for me before" I added with amazement. "I'm glad you like it" He said while unfolding more blankets. I leaned up against the back of the truck and Jimi covered us up. I leaned into him and he put his arm around me. As soon as he did, I felt shiver down my spine, the good kind I might add. I couldn't help but smile.

As the movie went on I kept scooting closer and closer to Jimi and eventually my head was resting on his shoulder. I honestly don't think I have been this happy...ever. Jimi and I have only been on one date and the date isn't even over yet and I am the happiest I have ever been.

The movie finished and Jimi turned the projector off with the remote. I was cuddled up with Jimi. I was really comfortable and I didn't want to move. I looked up at the stars. "Can we just lay here for a little while?" I asked quietly. "Of course we can."

We laid there for about an hour or so longer. I started to get really cold and no amount of blankets could warm me up. Jimi noticed I was shivering. "Do you want to get going?" He asked. "Sure, I'm a little cold" I said. "Alright. You go hop in the truck and turn the heat on while I get this cleaned up" He said handing me the keys. "Are you sure you don't want any help?" I asked. "No, I got it. You go warm up" He said. "Ok" I replied and smiled at him.

He finished cleaning up and climbed in the driver's seat. He pulled out of the gravel driveway and back onto the road. We headed back towards Nashville. "Jimi, this was absolutely amazing" I said with a smile. "I'm glad you enjoyed it" he said and reached for my hand. I intertwined my fingers in his and they stayed that way all the way back to my house.

He pulled up the driveway and parked the truck. "You wanna come in?" I asked him. "Sure" he said and we both climbed out of the truck. I unlocked the door and he followed me inside. I slipped my heels off and he took off his shoes and took off his jacket and I did as well. Then we sat down on the couch. I leaned into Jimi and he put his arm around my shoulder. We sat there in a comfortable silence. "This might sound crazy since we have only been on one date, but I have never been this happy before. I never had this feeling when I was with Mark, ever." I said hoping I didn't freak him out. "Well, I have to say that this is the happiest I have ever been because I finally have you in my arms" he said. "That is really sweet" I said with a smile. Our eyes met. We leaned in and our lips met. It was a kiss that sent, what felt like, electricity throughout my body. I didn't want it to end. When we pulled apart I had the biggest smile on my face that probably made me look like an idiot, but I didn't care. I was happy. For once I was with someone who made me happy.