Chapter Forty-Eight: 2013

2013 rolled around before we knew it. It is October and Elijah is 3 years old. That boy is a pistol. The band put out a new album last year, Tornado. It went way bigger than we expected. Since Tornado came out, we have won a few awards and have been on our first headlining tour, which was amazing. Jimi and I have been checking out the real estate market recently. We are looking to buy a house that is bigger with more of a yard for Elijah, and a pool would be nice too.

It is 7:15 p.m. and Elijah is laying down on the couch with his head in my lap. Jimi was sitting on the other side of me with his arm around my shoulder. Elijah is watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates before he goes to bed. It is his nightly routine when we are at home. At 6:45 he gets his pajamas on and brushes his teeth. Then he comes back downstairs and gets to watch a TV show, of his choice, until 7:30 or whenever the show is done. Then, either Jimi or I take him up to bed and read a story before he climbs into bed.

A little after 7:20, Elijah's show ended. He was starting to fall asleep.

"Alright baby, let's go up to bed" I said gently picking him up off my lap.

"I not tired Mama" Elijah said with a yawn. I giggled and raised my eyebrows at him.

"If you're not tired, then why are you yawning?" I asked him with a giggle.

"I pwomise I not tired" he said.

"E, it's time for bed" Jimi chimed in.

"Aww fiiine" Elijah whined.

"Who do you want to read your story?" I asked him.

"Mama story" he said and climbed on my lap.

"Alright then, let's head upstairs. Say goodnight to Daddy" I said.

"Night, night Daddy" Elijah said and leaned over to Jimi and gave him a him a hug.

"Goodnight little man. I love you" Jimi said and kissed his forehead. Then I stood up with Elijah in my arms. Elijah wrapped his arms around my neck and his legs around my waist. Then I carried him up to his room. When we reached his room, I set him down so he could pick out a story. I sat down in the rocking chair and waited for him to pick out his book. Once he finally decided, he came over and climbed up on my lap and got comfortable. I started reading the story and by the time I finished, he was asleep. I set the book on the nightstand next to his bed and carefully stood up and carried him over to his bed. I covered him up with the blankets and kissed his forehead.

"Goodnight baby, I love you" I whispered and gave him one more kiss on his forehead. I quietly walked out of his room and closed the door so it was just slightly open.

I walked back downstairs by Jimi and sat down on the couch. He still had on Jake and the Neverland Pirates and was on his laptop.

"Babe, why do you still have Jake on?" I asked with a giggle.

"Oh, I don't know. I didn't really even realize that it was on. Just some background noise" he said with a chuckle.

"Check out this house" he said and turned his laptop towards me. He started going through the picture. It was a gorgeous house with a nice back and front yard. It had a lot of privacy, but was still in town. It was on the outside of Brentwood. It had everything we were looking for in a house with some room to do some renovations to make the space our own.

"This is perfect" I said and looked at him.

"I know" he said with a smile. It almost seemed too perfect. It was probably way out of our price range.