Chapter Fifty: 2015-2016

Time is flying by. It is already March of 2015. Jimi and I are getting ready for Elijah's fifth birthday. We have been out on the road for the past two birthdays, so this year we are having a party with some of his friends. We rented out a room at an indoor bounce house and trampoline park. Elijah wanted to invite two of the kids he plays with down the street, Luke Bryan's two kids and Daisy and Penelopi. His party is on Saturday and its Wednesday. Jimi is at the recording studio with Phillip finishing up cutting guitar for a few songs that we started working on a few days ago. Jimi said they should be done around three this afternoon, so it is just me and Elijah today.

It is a little after 9:30 this morning and Elijah requested pancakes for breakfast. Elijah wanted to help out so he was on his stepstool next to me at the counter. I handed him the ingredients and he dumped them in the bowl and mixed them together with the whisk. Once we had everything mixed up, I started cooking them. Elijah stood on his stool and watched. I finished up the pancakes and got out some plates and cups. Elijah set the table and I brought the plate of pancakes over. Elijah and I sat down and ate.

"So, we have to go to the store and pick up a few things for your party on Saturday then we can do whatever you want for the rest of the day." I said.

"Ok!" Elijah said excitedly. We finished up breakfast and cleaned up. I put the dishes in the dishwasher and started it.

"Let's get you in the bath" I said to Elijah, who was playing with his toys in the living room.

"Do I have to?" He asked.

"Yes you do. You're covered in syrup" I said with a laugh.

"Ok fine" he said. We walked up to the bathroom and I started the water. Elijah grabbed the toys he wanted to play with from the cabinet. Once the tub had enough water in it and was all bubbly, I had Elijah climb in. Surprisingly, I got him washed up without a fight. While he was playing with his toys, I went into his room across the hall and picked out his clothes for the day. A few minutes later I went back in the bathroom with Elijah. I put the toilet seat down and sat down. I watched him play with his superhero toys. He had his own sound effects and everything going on. I let him play for about ten more minutes before I had him get out.

"Alright sweetie, it's time to get out" I said and stood up.

"Just a few more minutes Mama?" he asked.

"Half an hour ago you didn't even want to take a bath and now I can't get you out" I giggled.

"Please Mama?" he asked again.

"Fine, two more minutes then you have to get out before you turn into a raisin" I said and he went back to his super heroes.

"Alright, your two minutes are up" I said.

"Ok" Elijah said and pulled up the drain. I rinsed off all the bubbles on him then wrapped him up in his towel. I dried him off and we walked over to his room. I handed him his clothes and he got dressed.

"Mama's gonna take a shower, do you want to watch TV up here or play in your room?" I asked Elijah.

"TV please" He said. We walked over to the loft and he sat down on the couch. I turned on Jake and the Neverland Pirates for him then went to take a shower. About a half an hour later, I was ready to go for the day. It's amazing how fast you learn how to get ready when you have a kid. Once I was read, I walked out by Elijah.

"Alright E, ready to go?" I asked him and he nodded his head. I turned the TV off and we walked downstairs. We put our shoes and jackets on and headed out the door.