Chapter Fifteen

As soon as Jimi opened his eyes, his jaw dropped. "Oh my...Babe....Did you do all of this?" He asked with his eyes wide. "Yeah, with the help of Phillip of course. Do you like it?" I asked with a smile. "Yes, it's amazing" He said with a smile and hugged me. Then he cupped my face with his hands and kissed me.

The room was painted a medium shade of gray. Phillip and I found a few paintings and pictures of different instruments and famous singers and hung them around the room. I found red wall letters that are stickers. I wrote out a few lyrics from some of Jimi's favorite songs. Phillip and I set up all of his equipment and guitars. I was very pleased with the way things turned out.

"How did you do all of this so fast?" He asked. "Well, when I said I was going shopping with Kimberly, I was really with Phillip picking out all of the decorations and paint. Then when you stayed late at your apartment to clean it out yesterday, I painted the walls. Then today Phillip came over and helped me decorate and set everything up. He left about fifteen minutes ago actually" I said, Jimi stood there and smiled. "You are seriously amazing" He said and kissed me again. "I figured you needed a space to call your own and so you can actually use all of your equipment instead of leaving it in storage" I said. "I love you, you know that" he said. "Yeah, I know. I love you too" I said.

"Do you want to go upstairs and make dinner?" I asked. "Yes, I'm starving and I'm really curious to know what you needed all that weird stuff for" He said. "I picked one of the hardest recipes so you would be at the store longer" I said and he laughed. "Of course you did" he said. "Well, all that weird stuff combined together tastes pretty amazing" I said. "Well if that's the case, then I can't wait to try it" He said. "You're gonna love it" I said.

We walked upstairs and pulled out all the ingredients. I started cooking everything. Jimi was my taste tester for everything. I scooped out a few vegetables from the pan. I blew them off, then Jimi tried them. "That is really good" He said with his mouth full. I laughed. "It's almost done" I said. "Good, I'm starving" He said. "Can you go grab some plates and stuff" I asked. "Sure" He said. He brought over some plates and I served some food on them. Then he grabbed the gallon of milk out of the fridge and poured some into two glasses. Then we sat down at the table and started eating. "This is delicious. Where did you get this recipe from?" He asked. "My grandma used to make it all the time when my sister and I would stay at her house" I said. "Grandma knows what she's doing" he said and I laughed. "Yes she does" I said.

We finished eating and cleaned up. Jimi loaded the plates and cups in the dishwasher and I started washing the rest of the dishes. While I was washing the dishes I felt Jimi wrap his arms around my waist. "You want any help?" He asked. "No, I'm almost done" I said. Then he started kissing my neck. He started pulling me away from the sink and kissing the other side of my neck. "Jimi, stop, I have to finish the dishes" I said with a giggle. "Just wait like five minutes" I added. "But that's too long" He said in a whiny voice. "Well too bad, you will just have to wait" I said and washed the last pan. Jimi continued to kiss my neck. I set the pan in the drying rack. "Done?" Jimi asked. "Uh huh" I said. He slowly pulled me away from the sink. I turned around in his arms to face him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. He pulled me closer and started walking backwards towards the stairs with his arms still around my waist. We started walking slowly to the stairs still lip locked. He lifted my legs and I wrapped them around his waist. He turned around and carried me up the stairs. We reached the bedroom and he laid me down on the bed and continued to kiss me as we discarded our clothes.

A little while later, we were lying in bed with the blankets covering us. I had my head resting on Jimi's bare chest. I had my hand resting on his stomach and our fingers were intertwined. He had his arm around my back and was gently rubbing his hand up and down my arm. He kissed the top of my head. "I love you" He whispered. "I love you too" I whispered and looked up at him. We laid in bed wrapped up in each other's arms for the rest of the night until we fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up before Jimi. I was laying with my back against Jimi's chest with his arm around my stomach. We had the blankets covering us. I'm assuming Jimi is still sleeping. I really don't want to get out of bed today. I just want to lay here wrapped up in his arms. Fifteen minutes later I felt Jimi take in a deep breath and let it out. I felt him prop himself up to see if I was awake. "Morning sunshine" he said and kissed my temple. "Morning" I replied and smiled at him. He started softly rubbing my arm. "What do you want to do on this fine Saturday?" He asked me. "Today is Kimberly's cookout thing" I said. "Oh yeah, that's right" he said. "After the cookout, to you want to go see a movie or do something?" he asked. "Sure. What did you have in mind?" I asked. "Are there any movies you want to see that are out right now?" "Not that I can think of" "How about we go to the Blue Bird and see who's playing tonight?" he asked. "That sounds like fun" I said.

I rolled over to face Jimi. He rolled over on his back and I resting my head on his chest. "What time do we have to be at Kimberly's?" He asked. "1:00 I think" I said. "Do we have to bring anything?" he asked. "I told her I would make a pasta salad" I said. "Which means, if I want to get it done, I have to get out of bed" I said and started sitting up. Jimi gently grabbed my arm and pulled me back down. "Can't we just lay here for a little while longer?" he asked and gave me his puppy eyes. "Ok, but just for a few minutes" I said giving in. I laid my head back down on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. "You know, you turned me into a procrastinator" I said and giggled. "How did I do that?" He asked. "Well for starters, I should be downstairs making that pasta salad, but you made me stay in bed" I said and Jimi started laughing. "Well, it was worth it because I get to hold you for just a little longer" he said and kissed my forehead.

Those few minutes turned into a half an hour. "Ok, I really have to get up and get moving" I said and sat up. I grabbed one of Jimi's shirts and slipping it on. "I'm going to take a shower" Jimi said. "You can join me if you want" Jimi said with a smirk. "Honey, I would love to, but I have things to do" I said and patted his chest. "Well, I just thought I'd ask" He said and smiled. I walked out of the room. "If you change your mind, you know where I'll be" He said. "Alright" I said and rolled my eyes and continued walking down the stairs.

I started a pot of coffee and water on the stove for the noodles. Jimi came down about twenty minutes later. "How's the salad doing?" he asked. "Pretty good. The coffee is done I you want some" I said. "Ok, do you want me to get you a cup?" he asked. "Sure" I said.

Jimi brought over a cup of coffee and set it next to me. "Thanks babe" I said and kissed him. I finished up the pasta salad about twenty minutes later. By that time it was already 11:30. We basically spent all morning in bed. About an hour later Jimi and I got ready to go to Kimberly's.