Chapter Four

"I'm sorry I called you so late" I said to him. "Karen, I really don't mind. When I said you could call me anytime, I meant it" He said. We walked over to the couch and sat down. I don't really know what to do right now. I'm just sitting here, awkwardly. "Let's watch some TV to get your mind off of things" Jimi suggested. "Sure" I said. "Do you want me to make you some hot chocolate or something?" he asked. "Sure, I'd love some. The stuff is in the cabinet above the stove" I said. "Alright, I will be right back" he said and walked into the kitchen. He is so amazing. Maybe I should tell him how I feel. I really want to talk to Kimberly about this, but I have a feeling she will tell me not to because of the band. But I really want to tell him.

Jimi came back with two mugs of hot chocolate. He sat down and handed me a mug. "Thanks" I said and smiled at him. "My pleasure" he said and smiled back. We watched TV, talked and drank hot chocolate. I finished mine and set it on the coffee table. I was getting tired and I eventually fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up. I was a little confused as of where I was. I looked around and realized I was on the couch in the living room. I looked at the clock and it was a little after 6:00. I started to sit up when I realized I had an arm around my waist. I turned my head and realized that Jimi was behind me on the couch. My back was to his chest and we had a blanket around us. I think I'm going to tell him how feel, I just don't know how. Jimi woke up a few minutes later. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get all cuddlely while we were sleeping" He said as he sat up. "No, it's fine" I said and smiled at him.

We both sat up on the couch. "Thank you for coming over last night, I really appreciate it" I said. "No problem. I actually like spending time with you regardless of the time" He said and smiled at me. All I could do was smile back. There was an awkward silence. I should tell him. I'm going to do it. I just need to figure out how.

The silence continued to get awkward. Alright, here goes nothing. "Jimi, I need to talk to you about something" I said. "Alright, shoot" he said. I took a deep breath in and let it out a few seconds later. "So...We've been hanging out a lot these past few weeks....And I have developed these feelings" I said hesitantly. "What do you mean by feelings?" he asked. "Like, feelings, I don't know. Like I really like you, more than a friend, kind of feelings" I said. He sat there looking at me. I can't read his facial expression. My heart is beating out of my chest. I shouldn't have said anything. He probably doesn't feel the same way since he hasn't said anything yet. Yep, this was a horrible idea. I'm an idiot.

"Aren't you going to say something?" I asked with my voice a little shaky. "You have feelings for me?" He asked. He seemed shocked. "Yes.....I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything. You probably don't feel the same way and now I just made this really awkward. I'm sorry" I said and stood up off the couch. "No, Karen. You didn't make this awkward. I'm just trying to get my thoughts together" He said. He grabbed my hand and motioned for me to sit back down. "I have been trying to figure out when the right time was to tell you this. You just got divorced like three months ago and I didn't want to rush you into anything and I didn't know how you felt. I have feelings for you too. Like more than friend's kind of feelings" He said with a smile. "You do?" I asked quietly. "I've had these kind of feeling for a long time and I couldn't say anything to you because Mark was my friend and you guys were married. And when you guys split up I just felt like I needed to be there for you as much as possible to make up for what he did. I know it was a mutual decision for you guys to get a divorce, but I could see how much you were hurting and I felt like I needed to take away that hurt. These past few weeks have been the best few weeks because I was with you" He said.

Now I was speechless. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. They started to fall down my cheeks. "Oh my God, I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm sorry." Jimi said worriedly. "No, its's fine, they're happy tears" I said and smiled at him. We sat there for a minute. "So what does this mean?" I asked. "I don't know, what you want it to mean?" he asked. "I don't know, that's why I asked you" I said and laughed. "Well, I would be honored to take you out on a date tonight, if you would like" Jimi said. "I would love to" I replied.

"Do you want to go get some breakfast before we go to the studio?" He asked. "Sure, let me go put on some different clothes" I said and ran upstairs. I picked out a casual outfit and threw my hair up in a bun and put on some makeup. I came back downstairs and Jimi had just finished changing as well. We walked outside and walked to his truck. He helped me up and closed the door and we went to IHop for breakfast.

We're supposed to meet everyone at the studio to write at 10:00 and its 9:00 now. Jimi and I were still at IHop. "Are you ready to get going, we have to be at the studio in an hour" Jimi said. "Yeah lets go" I said and we paid the bill. "Do you want to stop and get Starbucks before we head over since we have some time?" he asked. "Sure, I'm always up for coffee" I said and we got in the truck.

Jimi started driving. "So, do you want to tell everyone?" Jimi asked. "To tell you the truth, I don't think we should yet" I said slowly. "I completely agree" Jimi said. "You do?" I asked. "Yeah, I just want to keep this between you and me for a little while" Jimi said. "That's what I want too" I said. "Well, I'm glad we're on the same page" Jimi said. He reached over and grabbed my hand. As soon as he did, it sent a chill down my spine and I couldn't help but smile.

We pulled up to the Starbucks drive through and ordered. We got our coffee and headed towards the studio. "What are we going to tell them when they find out we came together?" I asked Jimi. "We can just say that we decided to car pool" Jimi said. "That'll work, but you will have to do all the talking because I am a horrible liar" I said with a giggle. "Trust me, I know" he said and I playfully hit his arm.

We pulled up to the studio and Kimberly was just getting out of her car. Jimi climbed out and helped me down. "Hey guys, I didn't know you were coming together" She said. I could feel my face getting red. "We decided to car pool" Jimi said. I just looked down at the ground and avoided eye contact with Kimberly. If I looked at her, it would easily give it away. Phillip pulled up and we all walked into the studio.

We started writing. We wrote two songs for our next album. We decided to call it a day around 4:00. We walked out to our cars. Jimi helped me in the truck and then we drove to my house. He pulled up the driveway. "I'll come get you at 7:00" Jimi said. "Ok, I can't wait" I said and smiled at him. He got out of the driver's seat and came over to my side and helped me out. I walked up to the house and unlocked the door. I watched Jimi pull out of the driveway and drive away.

I walked in the house and closed the door behind me. I cannot believe what has happened today. Last night I had told myself that I would keep my feelings for Jimi to myself and this morning I found myself on the couch with Jimi and it all spilled out. I'm defiantly glad it did because it turns out, he feels the same way. Now we are going to be going on a real date in like three hours and I couldn't be happier.