Chapter Thirty-Two

It is the first week of December now. Jimi and I have been married for seven months. It has been the most amazing seven months. We have been on the road a lot so we don't really have time to be alone. We have about a month long break starting next week. We have a set of shows this weekend and we will wrapping up our tour with Sugarland for the year. After Christmas, Jimi and I are going to finally go on our honeymoon in Mexico. We are planning on spending ten days there and we'll be back in Nashville just after New Year's.

We are heading to North Dakota for Thursday's show then to Minnesota for Friday's show, and Iowa on Saturday. It's Wednesday night around 10:00 and we're meeting the band at Wayne's to load the busses at 11:00 so we make it to North Dakota sometime tomorrow morning. Jimi and I are in the bedroom getting some last minute packing done for the weekend.

I was in the bathroom putting mine and Jimi's toothbrush and my hair stuff in a bag. Then Jimi walked in and put his hands on my shoulders and kissed my cheek.

"Too bad we have to go out on the road. I love having you in my arms at night" He said.

"You know, you can always crawl in my bunk" I said.

"I might just take you up on that" Jimi said and kissed my cheek again.

"You could always crawl in mine too" He said and kissed my other cheek.

"Nope, I don't do the top bunk" I said and smiled at him.

I finished up packing up our stuff and walked out of the bathroom with Jimi in tow. I put the last of my stuff that I need in my suitcase and zipped it up. Jimi grabbed the suitcases and put them in his truck. I went into the kitchen and grabbed myself a water bottle out of the fridge.

"Its 10:30, we should probably get going" Jimi said and I nodded.

We arrived at the studio and helped load everything on the bus. By the time we started moving it was almost 11:30.

"I think I'm going to bed" Kimberly said and walked to the back of the bus.

"I think I will too" Phillip said and followed Kimberly. That left Jimi and I on the couch in the front of the bus.

"Do you want to go to bed or watch a movie?" He asked.

"Let's watch a movie for a little while. I'm not really that tired" I said.

"Me either" Jimi said and got up off the couch and put in a movie.

Jimi sat back down next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I leaned into him and laid my head on his shoulder.

We finished the movie around 1:00 in the morning. My eyes were starting to get heavy.

"Ready to go to bed?" He asked. I yawned and nodded. Jimi stood up and pulled me up. We walked to the back of the bus and got ready for bed.

"Lay with me?" I whispered before Jimi climbed in his bunk above mine. Jimi smiled.

"Of course" he whispered.

I climbed in first followed by Jimi. We pulled the covers up and I cuddled up next to him. He wrapped an arm around my back. I looked up at him and kissed him.

"Goodnight, I love you" I whispered.

"I love you too" he whispered with a smile. We laid there in silence before we both fell asleep.

The next morning, Jimi and I woke up still in my bunk with our arms wrapped around each other. I started to shift a little and I looked up at Jimi, with my head still on his chest. His eyes were just starting to open.

"Morning" I whispered.

"Good morning" he said and kissed me.

We laid in the bed for a little while before getting up and joining everyone in the front of the bus. It was about an hour before we got up. Jimi climbed out of the bunk first and then I did. We walked out to the front and I poured myself and Jimi a cup of coffee before joining Jimi on the couch. We had just arrived at the venue in North Dakota and we all decided to go out to breakfast at a nearby diner. We all showered and got dressed and got ready to go.