Chapter 22: Home

I sit up and throw myself out of bed. Glancing at my clock, I see it's only two in the morning. I'm shivering like crazy, but covered in sweat and I'm hot. So warm in here. Looking down, I see I'm only in my boxers. I turn and see my bed covers have been removed. That explains the shivering. Jesus, am I hot or cold? I sit down on the bed, bringing my knees up to my chest. I rest my head on my knee. I'm home, that's one thing to be happy about.

Romania comes back to me. Vladimir. The fire. The fighting. Almost dying. Being bitten. Bitten, surely I've got a bruise there or something. I turn on my lights and I'm momentarily blinded. I blink a few times until the black dots in front of my eyes disappear. I peer in my mirror, looking at my neck and I inhale sharply. There's an ugly red curve on my neck from the bite. I turn to examine my shoulder and just as I thought, there's a bruise there.

"Lee, are you awake in there?" Marcus is outside my door. "Yeah, come in." I call. He rushes in and pulls me into his arms. He grips my head, and looks hard into my eyes. "I will never let anyone hurt you again, you're safe now." He kisses my forehead repeatedly. "Vladimir?" I ask.

"He's dead." He smiles softly. "They killed Didyme." I tell him and he nods. "I know. It's ok, well, I'll never get over her, but I'm coping. The wives are also very upset. They've been coming back and forth to see you." He explains. "Back and forth?" I break out of his grasp, looking at him. "You've been asleep for five days." He murmurs. Five days? How could I have slept for almost a week?
"How did you find me?" I sit at my desk.

"Demetri is a tracker." He explains. "What does that mean?" I ask. "He can find anyone at all in the world, wherever they are." He smiles, stroking my cheek. "Human or vampire?" I ask. "Anyone. Any type of species." He says.

I go to ask another question but he silences me. "Go back to sleep, darling. It's early." He murmurs. "Where's my duvet?" I look around for it. "Your temperature was too high. You were burning up badly." He explains.

"Why didn't you let me change?" I ask. "It wouldn't have been fair. I would have liked to ask you instead. I'd rather you have a choice." He smiles. "How sweet of you," I snark. "Aren't I just?" His arms circle my waist from behind. I lean back into him. He kisses the back of my head. "I've been sleeping too long. I want to get up, I need food." I go to my door. "That reminds me, are these yours?" He holds out a carrier bag and I look inside with a small inward smile. There's my hair gel and outfits I bought on the night Vladimir took me.

"There was also €65 in your jeans pocket. I removed the money and took it to my room." He hands me the carrier bag. "We found it abandoned in the street, Liam was certain they were the type of things you'd buy, so we put your ice cream in the freezer." He smiles.

"You have a freezer?" I smirk. "Yes, for food." He gives me a look as if I'm dull. "Come on then, let's get you food."

In the kitchen, I sit beside Marcus eating a bowl of fresh tomato soup alonside a slice of thick bread. "Shall I make you some hot chocolate?" He asks. I nod. He sets to making it, while I eat my soup with relish. It tastes great. "Where did you get this soup? We should buy more." I finish off the last mouthful, scraping out the bowl.

"I made it," He hands me the hot chocolate. I look at him in disbelief. "You made this? It tastes like something out of a restaurant. I didn't even know you could cook!" I compliment. "Thank you," He kisses my forehead. I drink my hot chocolate, which also tastes great.
"Well, you're definately boyfriend material, Jamie Oliver." I smirk. "Who's he?" He asks, ruining my joke. "He's a chef." I flip him off.
"I see. Is he British?" He sits at the other side of the table. "Yeah, English." I put my cup in the sink.

"If you won't sleep, come to bed with me, or at least let us talk about it." He coaxes, pulling me up. I surrender to his arms and let him lead me to his room.

Once there, he closes his door and lays me on the bed. I lay on my back, staring up at him. "You're a little overdressed aren't you?" I pull him towards me, by his waistcoat and he smiles. "Why do you say that?"
"Because I'm in my pants, nothing more." I shrug. "So you think that's a good enough reason for me to take my clothes off?" He asks, grinning wickedly. I nod.

He removes his waistcoat, putting it over his chair. He takes off his shoes, putting them aside. I throw myself forward, quickly trying to undo his buttons. I get halfway before he stops me, grabbing my hands gently. "Not yet, Lee. We have much to talk about." He kisses my forehead. I huff and turn back onto the bed, scowling. He chuckles and perches beside me, arm around me. I rest my head on his shoulder, while he strokes my hair.

"What do we need to talk about?" I ask. "Your sexual history." He says. "I don't have one." I shrug. "That's what I thought," He smiles, and I punch his arm. "Fuck you," I mutter. "Hush, sweetheart, you know I'm teasing." He smiles again. "Are you telling me you're a virgin?" He tilts my chin to look at me. "Maybe," I turn away from his gaze, cheeks burning. "You have to be honest with me, Lee. If you don't tell me then I don't know." He sighs. "I need to know if there's anything you've done." He says.

"I haven't done anything. At all," I blush which frustrates me. How can he affect me so much? Make me feel like some sort of young kid with something to be ashamed of? "Are you embarrased, Lee?" He asks, gently. I nod, my head so low, my chin is on my chest. Both of his arms wrap around me, pulling me to lay with him. "I'm going to ask you one more time," He says. "Are you a virgin?"

"Yeah," I sigh. "That's why we shouldn't have a physical relationship. I'm not going to be a good bed partner." I wrap my arms around his neck. "You're not my 'bed partner', you're my mate, and I love you." He says gently. "And you'll pick up skills as you go along. It'll be alright, Lee. Maybe you could talk to someone about it?" He suggests.

Well there's definately someone I could talk to about that. No doubt he's had loads of girls in his time. Surely he'd have some sort of tip for me. I mean, he's practially a sex god to all the kids in college.
Liam.