Chapter 76: Hostage

Lee's P.O.V

I feel weightless, like I'm floating in mid air, suspended like a hunk of meat in a butchers freezer. My head feels light, as if I'm about to faint but my feet don't seem to be touching the floor.

Everything feels swimmy, and the blood has stopped circulating in my hands and up my arms. They're as cold as ice. I open my eyes to see a large rounded room, dark with only a few weak light bulbs to illuminate it.

My eyes take a few seconds to adjust to being unconscious for so long and I realise I can't remember anything about the journey to get here. I've got no idea where I am. I stare around the room again and peer in confusion at the objects such as tables and chairs that seem to be placed at an awkward angle....

Holy shit. I'm upside down.

I barely manage to lift my head to see my ankles are bound together by rope which is tied to a loop on the ceiling. I'm hanging upside down and the blood is stopping slowly to every part of my body.

"Hello?" I call out in a throaty voice. I gasp from the sound of it. It sounds like I haven't had a drink in days, months even. It's only then I realise that my shirt has been removed and I'm only in my boxers. I sigh in defeat. I can't believe I've been stripped when I haven't even got decent boxers on.

I'm wearing an old pair of Calvin Kleins that I bought around a year ago and seriously, grey is not my best colour. I close my eyes in embarrassment. Thank God my masectomy scars have almost disappeared. I'd die if they were more visible.

Oh come on, Lee. You've got bigger things to worry about now. I think back to the guy from earlier. Marti? Matthew?

My nose twitches from irritation and the memory and everything floods back. He hit me and my nose broke. I try bringing my arms to my sides to feel for any dried blood coating my nostrils but can't gather the energy to reach.

Upside down, my arms are dangling near my head and the lack of blood to that area is starting to make them tingle and I cringe in discomfort.

Then a door creaks open behind me and I wish I had eyes at the back of my head to see who was there. Whoever has come through the door seems to be standing there, watching me hanging, suspended from the ceiling.

"Whoever you are, you'd better cut me down before I really flip." I warn in the most threatening tone I can muster with such lack of energy but the person is unfazed and silent. I hear their footsteps and I feel a twinge of fear and hope at once.

"What if I say please?" I offer and the person lets out a low chuckle. He comes around so I can see him although it's difficult to focus on him when I'm facing the wrong way up.

He stands there, staring at me with his dark red eyes. My abductor. Short cropped black hair. Matt-face. "What do you want, Michael?" I demand, deliberately misplacing his name.

He glares at me. "Matthias." He corrects, stepping close to me. "I'm not here to set you free." He admits, pulling out a coiled leather belt. "I'm here to have some fun." He adds in a dark hiss and my stomach feels like it's dropped.

"I don't understand." I stammer, trying to wriggle free though my binds are around my ankles and I feel helpless. "Don't kill me." I grunt firmly though my confidence is wavering by the second.

It's pretty obvious that the belt in his hand is for me. "I'm not going to kill you." He says almost regrettably. "I'm just going to hurt you really badly." He steps backwards, unfolding the belt. "No." I groan. "Please."

"Where are the Volturi? Where is Marcus?" He demands and I press my lips together firmly and he circles my dangling body. I can feel the blood rushing to my head and I start to panic. "I..I don't know." I mutter too quickly and he lashes the belt against my bare chest.