Chapter 38: Reconciliation

"I've bought you a toothbrush." Demetri announces over breakfast the next morning. I look up at him while sipping my tea. "That's great. I'll use it later." I pour chocolate sauce over my pancakes before taking large satisfying mouthfuls. He watches me with fascination, enjoying the performance. The others have stayed in the room. Demetri told me they watched TV all night as they don't sleep.

So this morning, Demetri woke me up and took me down here to the dining area. For a poorly decorated hotel, it's amazing food. I've barely finished my pancakes when the waiter comes over with my cooked breakfast. He sets the plate down in front of me. "Two bacon, two sausage, one fried egg, black pudding, beans and fried bread." He smiles at me.

"It looks amazing." I compliment. His eyes flash to Demetri. "Anything for you, Sir?" He asks. "Just a coffee, please." He smiles politely. The waiter leaves. "You drink coffee?" I raise my eyebrows. "Yes. It's my second favourite drink." He informs. "What's your favourite? Oh..right..yeah." I trail off. Of course, a vampire's favourite drink would be blood. Right. Duh.

Demetri watches me think things over with a devious smirk on his face. "What's so funny?" I snark, stabbing my bacon. "You're supposed to eat that." He preaches. "I am." I take a huge mouthful. "That's better," He nods approval, smiling as the waiter pours his coffee. He takes a sip, keeping eye contact with me, and as he puts his cup down, he runs his tongue across his lip slowly.

I look away, half blushing before looking at him with my defiant face. "You trying to be sexy?" I scoff.

"Yes. And I think it's affecting you." He smirks, voice smooth. "Leave off, Demetri." I finish my breakfast. "Would you like me to get you some juice?" He grabs a plastic cup. "Orange." I point to the dispensers. "Lovely, one minute." He disappears in a line of people waiting for juice.

Marcus enters the dining room looking angry. Like, throughly pissed off. He spots me and relaxes. "Where's Demetri?" He demands. "In a queue for orange juice." I shrug. "We didn't know where you were!" He outbursts. "I'm human. I need breakfast. Where else would I be at half past eight in the morning?" I protest. "Still in bed." He pokes me. "Fuck off. I'm not as lazy as you think." I shove him and he almost knocks over a table.

"Careful! You're an idiot, Marcus." I sip more tea, which has gone cold. Demetri comes back, oblivious to Marcus's presence. "Sorry Lee, they had no orange juice. I got you apple instead. Is that-" He stops talking and scowls at Marcus's appearance. "Who said he's joining us for breakfast?" Demetri glares at me. "It's not like that. He just came to see where we were." I pull my glass of juice out of his hand before he can crush it in anger.

"I like apple juice so don't worry." I mumble. "Great," He smiles at me, anger forgotten for a second. "Can you guys please be friends?" I beg, glancing at both of them. "Surely you haven't always hated each other?" I eye them curiously. Marcus's face softens. "Of course not. Before all this drama, Demetri was my favourite guard." He sighs softly.

"Can we become friends again?" He asks Demetri who still looks angry. He gives Marcus another look to check if he's serious before falling into his arms. "I'm sorry, Master." He apologises repeatedly.
"So am I," He replies, cradling Demetri's head. Cuteness overload.

"Have you finished your breakfast?" Marcus looks me over. "Yeah," We head to the elevators, Demetri sticking by Marcus's side the entire time. At least they're friends again. Demetri's luggage is already packed up and ready to go. "Are we leaving already? Back to Italy?" I ask. "No! I want to do some sight seeing. I've missed Drammen." Demetri smiles.

"Let's head off." Demetri leads us out of the hotel and throws his suitcase into the boot of the hire car, then we set off around the city, Demetri singing Norweigan songs as we go along. I turn up the radio. One bad thing about finding Demetri is that there's now six of us in a five seated car. I'm uncomfortably squidged between Marcus and Demetri in the end seat.

Demetri continues to sing, with Caius competing with him, even though he can't speak a word of Norweigan. They battle it out playfully, singing every song that comes on the radio. "Alright alright!" Athenadora protests after an hour or so. Caius and Demetri both glare at her. "Take your version of American Idol somewhere else!" She rubs her ears as if in pain.

Caius tuts and Demetri groans in protest. "We have no rights." He shakes his head. "I know." Caius agrees. "They should let us sing." Demetri announces. "I'll make a petition." Caius says playfully. "Then we can sing together." He adds. "Well as romantic as that sounds, I'm trying to read my magazine." Sulpicia cuts in. Yeah she's got another one. She actually bought this one though.

"So are you two friends now?" Athenadora addresses Demetri and Marcus. "Yes." Marcus says briefly. "I think Demetri's position answers for him." Caius smiles as we turn to see Demetri somehow with his head on Marcus's shoulder. "I ship you two. So hard." I comment, rolling down the window.

"What are you doing?" Marcus looks at me, confused.
"God morgen Norway! Nice country, hope you're doing good!" I shout through the window. Athenadora shushes me, embarassed. Demetri smiles and joins in, calling out in Norweigan to people on the streets. Some wave and smile, others look worried or freaked out. "Friendly people," Marcus scoffs. 

Sulpicia hits him with her rolled up magazine and he smiles. "Ow." He fake groans. "Idiot." Sulpicia tuts at him. "I hate you." She sneers.
"I thought you two were BFF's." Caius snarks from the front. Demetri laughs. "Shut up Caius." Marcus snarls. Caius laughs in response. "BFF's." He giggles under his breath.

"Caius, stop being an annoying little child."
"Bffs."
"Caius, you're an idiot."
"Love you too, Marcus."
"Oh please. I do not love you."
"You're gay with me."
"I'm not gay. I don't even like men."
"You love blondes."

"Caius, if I wasn't immobile in the back of this car, I would reach forward and hit you for your annoying and pointless comments." Marcus says.

"Wow you're heading for a slap." Caius warns. "Bite me." Marcus grunts. "That's it." Caius snarls. "It's on, Bitch."