Chapter 74: Abduction

"Lee?" A light tapping on my forehead brings me to my senses and I start to stir, stretching out across my bed, breathing in the smell of freshly washed sheets.

"Lee, for fuck's sake." The voice sounds whiny, like a complaint and I realise I'm not at home and the clean smell of laundry disappears, replaced by musty pillows and a dark, damp odour that assaults my nostrils.

My eyes open and Liam hovers over me on the bed, looking pissed and tired. "Thank God." He breathes out in relief, rolling onto his side of the bed that we seem to be sharing. "Liam?" I ask, nudging him to check that he's actually there.

Then I remember that we're not in France anymore. That we're in London. I sigh in disappointment. I look around me to see a tiny box room, painted dark brown.

The sheets are almost rotted and green, making me push them away from me, untangling them from my body and jumping onto my feet. Liam studies me from where he sits on the bed. "You were talking in your sleep." He announces, giving me a glare.

"I could barely sleep because of it." He adds. "You were mumbling about Jeanie." He scoffs. "Jeanie." He adds softly, sadly almost. "I can't believe after all this time of being a careworker, she was actually a tea leaf." He grunts.

"Tea leaf?" I question and he smirks. "A liar. A bad person." He translates and he smiles at me though it's strained and we both know we're nervous that Jeanie could be killed in this fight. "I'm worried about the children." I admit and his eyes show recogntion.

"Me too." He says glumly. "Will they die?" He says softly to himself. "Maybe." I shrug though it's a thought I've had myself recently. "Liam?"

He looks up at me. "Yeah?" He asks expectantly. I sit beside him. "I know we're meant to be having a serious conversation, but where am I?"

He gives an amused laugh and heads to the door. "We're still in the apartment. This is the one and only bedroom." He gestures around the room at the dingy walls and rotted sheets. "Classy, isn't it?" He jokes.

We head back into the main living and kitchen area where Marcus, Felix, Demetri and Priest are sitting, discussing strategic plans in hushed voices. They come to a halt when they spot Liam and I in the doorway.

"Good morning, handsome." Priest approaches Liam and kisses him, before heading to a cupboard in the kitchen.

"Medicine." He orders, retrieving packets from the shelf and filling a glass with water. Liam huffs in annoyance but makes his way over in obedience.

I cross to Marcus, who pulls me into his body, and kisses the top of my head. "Did you dress me?" I look down at my stripy tiger pyjamas and he nods. "Yes. You fell asleep on the floor in the living room after the....incident with Liam's phone." He clears his throat awkwardly and I stifle a giggle.

"I have to clear things up. I don't watch explicit stuff online." I promise and he nods. "I believe you." He gives a small smile before pulling me onto his lap. I hook my arms around his neck and he kisses me, gently, lovingly.

"I love you, Lee Volturi." He kisses me again and my stomach does a little front flip, sparks igniting inside of me. "You're so beautiful." He whispers, running his fingers through my hair. "So handsome." He reaches forward and starts to nibble on my earlobe. Tiny amounts of pleasure begin to form and my eyes close, sighing happily.
"Marcus." I mumble.

"Uh hum." Priest clears his throat and I fly off Marcus's lap in an instant, heading into the kitchen to make myself some coffee. Marcus smiles at Priest in amusement and shows no shame. Priest shrugs it off and heads back to Liam's side to hold him.