Chapter 61: Arguments

I glance up from Marcus's copy of 'Little Women' and sigh deeply. Marcus opposite me, looks up at the noise and puts down my copy of 'The Morganville Vampires, Book 1'.

Recently, we decided to start something between the two of us that we named 'Book Switch'. I get to read one of Marcus's books and he reads one of mine.
I'm currently reading Little Women, an old British classic, but I'm not really feeling the vibes, if you get my drift.

Marcus smirks at me. "Feeling bored, my darling?" He teases, marking his page.
"Why, aren't you?" I snark, shoving the book on the side table. "This book is so dumb. I enjoyed 'Jane Eyre' better than this!" I complain, stretching out on the sofa that we're sharing in the living room. Kind of like top and tailing...but on a sofa.

"You hated 'Jane Eyre'." He chuckles, shaking his head at the memory of him trying to read it to me every night on our honeymoon.
"Yeah, well I guess it shows how much I hate this book."

"I could say the same about this Morningville vampires lark." He tuts at it.
"Morganville." I correct. "Don't diss the Morganville vampires." I glare. "It's an epic series."

"It's far fetched." He scoffs. "All this nonsense about burning in the sunlight and wearing bracelets so you don't get killed by vampires." He shakes his head in disgust. "We vampires are potrayed so ridiculously on TV and in books. Utter nonsense." He shakes his head.

I go to intervene, but he continues.

"And then the old myth of vampires being allergic to silver! And garlic! Who wrote this filth?" He glances at the cover. "Rachel Caine. She and I need to have a serious conversation about vampires. What a load of old SHIT!"

I collapse in laughter, hysterical that Marcus, yes, Marcus Volturi just swore! Oh my God. "You...little....rebel...!" I clutch at my sides, tears streaming down my face. "That has to be one of the best things I've heard you say!" I giggle even more when I see his bored, unamused face.

"Do I look like I'm laughing?" He glares, which makes me laugh more.

"Never in my life did I think you'd swear!!" I wrap my arms around myself, knocking as my sides start to hurt.
"Oh my God..." I trail off when there's a knock at my door. "Come in," I giggle.

A human man walks in, clutching a letter. "Lee Volturi?" He asks. "Here!" I raise my hand and he throws the letter. I take it from him and he leaves quickly. No doubt he's scared of Marcus.

I rip open the envelope. "It's from Harvard." I mumble. "It's only been two weeks." He comes to my side of the sofa to glance over my shoulder. I peer over the words quickly, trembling.

"No. No way." My hands start shaking. "Marcus. I love you."

"I...I...I've been accepted!" I shriek, throwing my arms around his neck. "What am I going to do?" I gasp. "It was a forged application."

"You did do Biology. You just didn't complete it." He shrugs and takes the letter from me to read it. "Well congratulations, my darling." He sweeps me up into his arms. "Now, you and I should prepare. Plane tickets, accomodation, new clothes." He counts them off his fingers before leaving the room.

"Wait for me!" I follow him down the corridor, to see him disappear into my bedroom. "What are you doing?" I open my door to find him looking through my wardrobe. "Nosy bastard, get out of my wardrobe!" I shove him aside to neaten up the clothes.

"Be careful. I arrange my clothes in a certain way. Don't mess them up, you fool!" I push him so he steps backwards to give me space. "You'll need at least a suitcase of clothes." He sighs. "These shabby things won't do." He shakes his head in disapproval.