Chapter 45: Returning Home

"My God I've missed you so much!' Mum throws herself at me, practically knocking me over as Marcus and I come through the terminal. "I hope you had a great honeymoon, did you like your birthday presents?" She takes my luggage from me and carries it to the car. "They're great presents, Mum. I've taken a lot of pictures with my camera." I murmur.

"Oh wonderful!" She gushes. "I'll get your father to make you a scrapbook." She smiles, shoving my bag in the boot. As soon as we're seated, she finally turns her attention to Marcus to acknowledge him for the first time since we came off the plane. "Marcus!" She smiles. "How are you?" She lowers her voice to a whisper. "Did you...you know?" She asks.

Marcus presses a finger against the side of his nose. "You did, I can tell. Was she good? Were you gentle?" She asks. "Mum!" I explode from the backseat. Marcus looks equally distraught. "What? I need to know these things!" She protests. "Ok ok! I lost my virginity! Marcus and I made love. Happy?" I snark, grabbing my headphones and sticking them in my ears. Ow. A bit too hard.

Marcus looks embarrassed and like a young child while Mum looks satisfied, smug even. Bitch. I'll forgive her. For now. "Brilliant." She enthuses. "Wonderful." She adds. I put my head on Marcus's shoulder and stay silent the whole ride home.

Caius greets us from the mansion as we pull up into the garage. "Hello hello." He calls. "How was Liverpool? Has it changed much since you were little?" He pulls my case from me and we head down the hall. "No, not at all. Same old." I shrug. "Good," He smiles. "Well, it's definately been quiet around here without you." He adds. "And I've missed you so much," He kisses my cheek before stowing my case away in his room.

"Hey gal," Liam strolls down the corridor, taking me into his arms and twirling me about. "Liam, it's a little late for slow dancing. The wedding was last week." I shove him gently and he spins me around repeatedly until I fall into Caius who curses. "What are you doing?!" He growls before realising it's us. "Ah, uh hum, sorry, darling, be careful." He clears his throat, voice softening.

"So this is Caius, the nasty Caius." I add. He pretends to look upset, hand over his heart. "Lee? I am offended!" He gasps dramatically. "Well it's true! You turn hostile with the guards!" I smirk. He stops for a second, thinking things over in his head. "True." He smiles.

"At least he admits it." Liam calls from Caius's room. "I can be a cruel man. And I can be a loving father and husband." He says, quietly. "It's as if I'm two different people." He adds, shrugging. "Dual personality disorder!" Liam shouts.

"Hush William, you're not a Doctor." Caius scolds softly while Liam pulls faces behinds his back like a stroppy teenager. "Hey where's Marcus?" Liam asks, looking down the corridor as if he'll magically appear like a magicians rabbit.

I peer around, searching for my...husband..who's vanished into thin air, but my life generally goes strange then and again so I'm sure he'll turn up.

"Should we send out a search party?" Liam suggests looking as excited as only Liam can. "He's a big boy, he'll show up later." I shrug, taking my bags to my room to unpack. Liam follows and as we open my bedroom door, Demetri is sitting cross legged on my bed reading Vogue magazine.

"Um..Demetri?" I approach him slowly, peeking over at his magazine. Yep, it is Vogue. This guy is so unpredictable.

"You know, this type of magazine wasn't available when I was growing up." He announces, holding it out for me to see. "My mother would have liked it." He continues. "She was very focused on looking good. She always tried to follow fashion, but it was hard because we were poor. Nonetheless, it's a very interesting read."

He smiles as he carefully closes it and puts it away inside in his never ending amount of pockets in his cloak.

"Uh, ok, well, don't I get a hug? I have been gone for two weeks." I announce, sitting beside him on my bed. "Oh, I forgot you were returning today. Forgive me, Prince." His arm wraps around me and he lays my head on his shoulder.

"K, well, I wanted to talk to you, cause I was wondering where you were in the wedding." I state, looking him square in the eyes. He smiles at me, completely at ease. "Of course I was there." He chides. "I was there all night. I wouldn't miss it for the world." He smiles again.

"Ok fine. If you say so. Either way, I'd like to have a movie night tonight so would you like to join?" I ask, as Demetri starts to put away my clothes, separating them into piles; folded and not folded in some complicated way as he always does.

"Thank you, Prince. But no thank you. I'd rather stay here and sort out your dirty laundry." He mumbles, folding a t-shirt and carefully laying it in a plastic wash basket on the floor. "Ok, well if you change your mind, I'll be in the living room with my Gaylord." I announce as I head out.

"Gaylord?" Demetri asks curiously. I look back over my shoulder. "Liam." I explain before heading to the living room. Behind me, I can hear Demetri chuckle. Liam is already in the living room, crouched by the TV box. "Hey." He calls as I walk in. I give a brief nod and notice two tubs of Ben N Jerry's on the coffee table.

"Is it a ritual to eat ice cream with a movie now?" I ask, pulling back the lid. "Absolutely." He answers. "But I don't know what film we're going to watch." He shrugs. "I'm sure Netflix will suggest something." He adds coming to sprawl across the sofa as the screen loads up.

"Any suggestions on films?" He asks as he scrolls through the various films. "Hm." I murmur, thinking back to that night at the Theatre with Marcus and an idea comes into my head. I pull the remote from him quickly. "What are you doing?" He asks. I turn to him, smiling. "You ever heard of Les Miserables?"