Chapter 37: Oh We're Going To Ibiza!

Just kidding. We're going to Norway. I like a bit of Vengaboys now and then, just to spice life up. Marcus let me purchase a ticket. What else could he do? He was pissed about it of course. Even a blind man could tell he was angry. At me, or maybe angry at Demetri. I don't know.

Either way, we're going to a city called Drammen which I'm guessing Demetri's from. Now the five of us are sitting on typical uncomfortable plastic chairs waiting near the terminal. Any minute now, the voice over will instruct us to board the plane. "I don't know why I'm letting you do this." Marcus huffs. "We don't even have spare clothes."

"That's not going to affect you. You're a vampire. You don't need to shower or wear deodrant or change clothes. You stay fresh." I snark. "Well you'll need clothes." He grumbles. "I have a credit card." I wave it at him. "Yes, with not much money on it, thanks to this flight." He huffs. "Demetri's worth it." I sigh. "Oh I'm sure he is." He grunts.

"Will you two stop it!" Sulpicia cuts in, glaring at us from behind her magazine. "I'm trying to read." She huffs. "You have to pay for that." Athenadora informs her. "Yes well, I'll just put it back before we leave and then no one can charge me for it, can they?" She flashes a dazzling smile.

The flight to Drammen, Norway, is boarding now.

"That's our cue to leave." Athenadora stands, pulling Caius with her. "Come on, sweetheart." She turns to Sulpicia. "Are you going to put that magazine back?" She asks, smiling. "No." Sulpicia replies, ever-so-discreetly shoving it down her dress and wraps her cloak around her. Athenadora smiles at her. "Rebel-tastic." She smirks. "Let's go." We all follow, with Marcus trailing glumly behind.

"Can I fall asleep on you on the plane?" I ask him as we file in one by one. "Of course." He says bluntly, taking a seat beside me. "I love you, Marcus." I try to warm him a little. Trying to make him sweet to me again. "I love you too."
Reassuring I guess, but there's no kiss, no hug. So I snuggle into him. "It's alright, sweetheart." He strokes my head and I relax. Maybe he's not so angry after all.

I end up not sleeping at all, but keep myself entertained by talking to Marcus and reading Sulpicia's 'stolen' magazine. What a rebel. Wait until Caius tells Aro that his wife steals magazines..dun dun dun.....

When the plane lands, we're the first ones out of the plane due to not having any luggage. We're lucky that Athenadora speaks Norweigan, as she confers with a receptionist, asking about Demetri. She's smiling as she returns. "Demetri left barely an hour ago. He's heading to this hotel here." She hands Caius a piece of paper with directions on it.

We find a car, doing our own version of Grand Theft Auto as Caius hotwires it. What a badboy. It might be cool having him for a father. I'd sure adore him. And so will Liam. Hopefully.

Caius being a genius with directions, manages to find the hotel in minutes. As we pile out, Athenadora asks: "What's Demetri's surname?"
"Memmenger," Sulpicia says.
"Mem-ing-uh." I sound it out slowly. "Cool name," I shrug. The guy at reception is young but speaks English. We give him Demetri's name.

"Yes, a Mr Memmenger checked in earlier. Room 201." He says. We nod and head off.
I find the room first and bang on the door insistently. "Jeg er opptatt!" I hear him yell. "I don't speak Norweigan!" I shout through the door. "Lee?" I hear him get up and make his way over. The door swings open and he stands there in the doorway, looking confused.

He pulls me in and closes the door. Pulling me onto his bed on top of him, he kisses me, running his fingers through my hair and moaning softly. "I'm so sorry." He mumbles through small kisses. "I had to leave." He says. "It was the only way." He proceeds to kiss me again. "Stop." My hand presses against his chest. "The others are in the lobby."

"The others?" He asks. "Athenadora, Caius, Sulpicia and Marcus." I look around his tiny box hotel room, taking in the crap space. A small table in the corner with a single bed. The paint is peeling, the wallpaper is dated and there is an awful smell coming from every direction. I don't even want to look at the bathroom. I can't imagine the state it's in.

"We need to take you home." I say firmly and he smiles at me.
"You need to sleep first. Sleep here, you can borrow my clothes for tomorrow." He insists. There's a harsh knock on the door and he sighs. "That'll be Marcus." I murmur apologetically as I open the door. There he stands, glaring at Demetri. "Demetri said I could sleep here tonight." I inform, standing up straight.

"I'm not letting him stay in this room if you're in here. Who knows what he'll do to you." He gives Demetri a look of disgust. "I am eighteen years old!" I hiss.
"I can take care of myself. If Demetri did anything to me, I'd kick him right where it hurts." I retort. Marcus looks defeated, irritated. "Fine. But remember young man," He says to Demetri. "I'll be right next door. I'll hear everything." He slams the door.

Demetri hands me some pyjamas. I stare at them, confused. "You own pyjamas?" I ask, until I look down at them to see they're my spiderman pyjamas. "I took them so I'd always have your scent to remind me of you." He says sheepishly. I don't know if that's cute or weird.

"Say something." He murmurs. "I'm going to put on my pyjamas." I shrug. Once ready for bed, I climb into bed and pull the covers up to my chin. "It's freezing." I mumble. "It's alright, you're still alive." He smiles as he slips under the sheets with me.
I cuddle into him. "This doesn't mean we're together, Demetri," I warn. "I know." He admits.

"Lee?" He asks.
"Yeah?"
"Thank you for coming back for me. I don't know what I would have done without you."