Chapter 24: Jesus, That's Going To Hurt

"Anything else?" She smiles at me, ignoring the look of horror on my face. "Uh yeah," I grab some lube and carry that and the condoms to the counter. "That'll be €4.50." She smiles. I pop in my card and wait for the transaction to go through. She hands me my receipt. "Have a great day," She smiles. "And well done for being safe!" She calls. I give a small wave and leave, heading back to the Volturi.

Liam is fully awake and dressed when I knock on his door.
"Extra large?" He stammers. "Jesus, that's going to hurt," He says. I slap him. "Don't put me off! I'm a virgin! I'm freaking out here!" I put my head in my hands. "Hey, it'll be fine. I'm sure he knows what he's doing." He assures. "How big is extra large?" I ask, fearing the worst.

"I don't know," He shrugs. I sigh in relief. "Maybe......ten inches?"
I start having a coughing fit, out of terror. He pats my back and says nothing. "Ten. Fucking. Inches?? Is that even possible?" I croak. "Uh, yeah," He smiles.

"Right, I'm done. I am sooo done. I'm off to speak to Marcus." I walk through the door. "Make sure he doesn't spear you with it!" Liam laughs from his room. Dickhead.
I storm off to Marcus's room, where he's sitting at his desk. I walk in and slap the box of condoms on the desk in front of him. He jumps in shock. "Oh..thank you," He smiles.

"Thank you?! I have never been so embarrassed! Extra large?! What are you, a rhino? I think it'd be less painful if I had sex with a fucking cucumber!" I sit down on his chair. "Why did you buy extra large?" He asks. "The woman picked them out when I told her you were about six foot four," I explain.
"And then to make matters worse, Liam says it'll really hurt!" I lay my head on the desk.

"I won't hurt you," He whispers. "No, you won't. That thing will." I point to where his crotch should be. "I'll be very gentle." He promises. "Yeah well, after this morning, I'm not sure I want to do it." I shrug. Marcus doesn't even blink. "Well that's fine, a relationship doesn't have to be physical." He preaches. "Cool, so we don't have to have sex yet?" I check. "Not if you don't want to," Marcus shakes his head. 

"Cool," I pass him the lube I bought. "I got this too,"
Marcus looks at the label. "It's lube," I explain. "I know," He smiles. "But why is it strawberry scented?" He shows me the label. "Uh, I didn't actually look too closely at the label." I shrug, cheeks burning. "Really? Then how did you know it was lube?" He challenges. "Look, it was in an aisle with a bunch of sex stuff!" I snap. "Very well," He smiles.

"Would you like something to eat? It's almost lunch time." Marcus stands up. "No." I scowl. "Are you still embarrassed?" He asks. "No," I scowl again. He leaves the room. Wait, where's he going? I sit there sulking for a few minutes, staring at the dreaded XL sign printed on the box, and eventually, I flick the box of condoms onto the floor. "Fuck you," I scowl, then seem stupid. I'm cursing at a box of condoms. What the fuck?

He comes back a few minutes later with a bowl of his amazing tomato soup. Half of me wants to stay my usual defiant self and refuse to eat it. The other half of me wants to kiss him and eat up every mouthful. But guess which side won.

"I'm not eating that," I push the bowl away with a look of disgust. "Lee, don't be so complicated," He starts. "Complicated? It's this sex thing that's complicated! Why does it have to be painful?"
"I told you I'd be gentle," He interupts. "Now, please, eat the soup." He picks up the spoon and holds it out to me. "I'm not five." I sulk. "I'll eat it when I'm ready."

He nods, picks up the condoms and lube and puts them away in a drawer, out of my sight. Thank God. "Eat the soup, Lee." He coaxes. I reluctantly pick up the spoon, clanging it loudly against the bowl every time so it makes an echoing noise. "Stop it, please," He murmurs. I clang the spoon harder against the dish, hard enough to make it crack.

"Stop it!" He shouts. I drop the spoon in shock. "Do you have to take everything to the next level?" He asks with irritation.

It sets me off. "Well I'm sorry for being an asshole! Fuck you!" I throw the bowl of soup onto the floor in anger. It spills onto his carpet and he looks at me, eyes blazing. "Oh my God, I am so fucking sorry!" I rush forward to clean it up. I fall to his feet, shaking like crazy.

"I didn't mean it!" I shout. "Have you ever apologised for your behaviour before?" He asks. "No," I scowl. "Then why apologise to me?" He shakes me off.

"It's different with you, because you're my boyfriend." He turns to look at me. "And you mean that, do you?" He asks. "Yeah, I'm so sorry." I whimper. He picks me up and lays me on his bed.

"You need more sleep," He decides. "The soup?" I ask. "I'll clean it up," He says grimly. "Now go to sleep,"
"Are you angry with me?" I ask.
"Furious." He grunts. "But I'll always love you,"