Chapter 84: Making Up For Lost Time

"I'm exhausted. What time is it?" I flop onto the bed, gasping and trying to catch my breath. Marcus covers me with the blanket, completely unaffected amd I envy the fact that he doesn't get breathless. He's clearly ready for round...3..or....4...I've lost count.

Marcus glances at his watch on the bedside table and smiles. "Nearly ten. We've been busy for a while." He smiles, and I swear if vampires could blush, that's what he would be doing.

He climbs under the covers beside me. "We did it so many times and I still feel like I could have more. It's insane. You're amazing at sex." I applaud and he frowns. "It is more than..sex. There is a significant difference between sex and making love with someone." He corrects and I hold up my hands.

"Fine, you're amazing at making love." I add and he smiles, pulling me into his arms. I rest my head against his chest, just above his heart which I've gotten used to not beating.

Just like I've adjusted to his coldness and the fact that I'll never feel him breathing, never experience the rise and fall of his chest as I lean against it.

"A few minutes of obligatory cuddling and then I have to get dressed. I don't want to spend the rest of my life in bed which is all I seem to be doing recently." I joke and he kisses my temple. "Obligatory cuddling? Do you feel that you have to cuddle me? I am offended, Mr. Corvin." He uses his old nickname for me and I poke him.

"That hurt." He teases, pulling a sad face and I roll my eyes at him. "You're like, fifty years old, be a big boy." I advise and I jump out of his arms and onto my feet, pulling on my boxers before he can catch an eyeful of my ass. "Must you cover yourself?" He complains and I sigh at his words.

"You'd soon be whining if I was looking you up and down, bitch." I protest and he smiles. "Perhaps I am just appreciating what is rightfully mine." He teases and I turn to face him.

"Rightfully yours? I don't remember that being on the wedding papers." I joke and he stands up and starts to get dressed too. "Here." He passes my jeans and I slip them on. I stand there shirtless and he stares at the bruised, bashed up abs.

Or I like to pretend they're abs.

"I know you're blue and purple all over from bruises but you are so handsome, Lee." He runs his hands up and down my chest, tilting my chin so he can kiss me.
I close my eyes as his lips devour mine and he groans softly and shyly.

He places his hands on my shoulders, giving me a full examination. "You. Are. Beautiful." He enunciates slowly and I shiver from his admiring and seductive tone. "Marcus..." I laugh nervously and he smiles shyly again.

"Here is your t-shirt." He passes it over and I shove it on quickly, dressed but leaving my feet bare. It's too warm to wear socks and shoes and I won't be going anywhere.

"Right. Get yourself dressed. How about we have a walk around the building? It's too warm to go outside." I complain, wiping the sweat from my forehead as he steps into his trousers.

"Good idea." He smiles, amused and pulls on his shoes. I watch him as he buttons his shirt and fastens his tie, straightening the collar. He shrugs on his jacket and he's ready to go. 

"What are you staring at?" He teases, and I look away reluctantly. "I'm looking at you, you donkey." I announce and he smiles, opening the door and heading through.

I follow him out into the corridor and we head towards the tower, where Caius and Athenadora will probably be lounging around.
Marcus flies up the stairs, a blur of black clothes as he whizzes to the top, leaving a gust of air and a lazy me to walk up the stairs by myself.

I take them slowly, the steepness of them still crippling and painful to my legs. Each one of them is a reminder that I really need to exercise more and get fit. I reach the top in a matter of minutes, gasping for air madly as I past Chelsea, leaning lazily against the desk as usual.

She ignores me as I ignore her and I push open the door to the tower, where Athenadora, Caius and Marcus are sitting, talking amongst themselves. "Lee," Marcus addresses. "You took your time." He mutters dryly and I pull an offended face.

"It's not my fault I'm fat." I joke, flopping onto the sofa beside Caius who lets me lay my legs across his lap. He rests his hands on my legs, rubbing the sore muscles gently. "Those stairs kill me everytime." I groan in complaint, my head flops back onto the arm of the sofa.

"There now, those stairs are quite tricky." Caius soothes, continuing his actions on my legs and I relax. "Don't be so kind, it's because she's lazy and unfit." Athenadora says bluntly and I sigh at her. "Do you have to be so mean?" I critisize and she shrugs.
"I don't see why I should lie when I can be blunt." She states with a shrug and Caius smiles apologetically. I glance at Marcus in hope for a praising comment who takes pity on me. "I think Lee is in wonderful shape. And, everyone needs to do exercise, not just her." He preaches.

Athenadora tuts. "You're too soft; she's unfit." She turns to me. "And besides, I'm your mother-"
"It doesn't mean you can verbally abuse me." I joke and she flashes me a glowing smile of white teeth. "Of course it does. It is the biggest privilege of being a parent." She preaches.

Caius pulls a mock face of horror at her. "Thena, there are more important things to do with your child, like spending time with them." He suggests sternly and she smirks.

"How are our children supposed to learn how to make violin bows from their victim's hair or how to make ornaments out of their heads?" He jokes and she giggles at his comment.

"Oh the joys of parenthood."