Chapter 85: Epilogue

Six months later

It has dawned on me recently that in the last year, I have left the children's home that I lived in for over two years, drank alcohol for the first time, met vampires, moved in with them, found love with an older man, got married, been adopted, gained a brother(although an insane one), and learned how to smile, to be happy within my own skin.

Of course there's the more ugly things like being kidnapped and bitten by Vladimir(of which I still have the scar), watched Marcus kill him, get found by Jeanie, almost got killed by a madman called Matthias and found out Jeanie was my mother.

If you told me last year that I would do all these things when I barely left the children's home, I'd have laughed in your face, but now, after a year since that horrible party and waking up half naked in a bed, in a vampire's castle, I'd believe you.

It seems weird that I used to be some nobody, a kid that no one bothered about much. I used to go off wandering, trying relentlessly to find information about my family and it turns out that my mother wasn't much of a mother after all.

I've found a family with Athenadora and Caius and I know they feel the same way. If I hadn't known that I was originally a foster kid, I'd have thought that they were my biological parents; they don't treat Liam or I any differently and it's as if Athenadora really did give birth to us.

And then there's Marcus. I never really identified as lesbian, but I also never thought I'd fall in love with a man, and definately not a traditional, older one. I adore Marcus though half the time I still want to strangle him and scream offensive words at him, which, okay, I still do but I think he's used to it.

"Lee?" Marcus knocks at my bedroom door where I'm sitting at my dresser drawer, already wearing a dark blue suit and black shoes, polished by Sulpicia who insisted, I swear.

I jump up and sneaking one last glance at my quiffed hair, I grab my phone and slide it into the back pocket. "Let's go." I hook my arm through his who produces the keys to his car, readily. "So, are you ready for our dinner?" He questions softly, as we reach the garage.

"Ready?" I smirk. "I'm fucking starving." I conclude and he chuckles softly. "You've always had such a polite way of phrasing things." He teases and holds open the Porsche door for me.
"Thanks." I jump inside and let the door slam shut, clicking my seatbelt into the plug.

Marcus follows suit, before slotting the keys in and starting up the engine. "I can't believe it's been one year since you and I met." He sighs in disbelief and I nod in agreement. "I know. I still can't believe I actually allowed myself to be charmed by you. I just want you to know that I still openly hate you." I announce and he smiles as he drives, amused.

"You were not very fond at me at first." He points out in agreement and I slouch in my seat for old times sake. "You'll get bad back problems." He states automatically and I stick up my finger in response. "What are you, a physiotherapist?" I snark as usual and he sighs playfully.

"She'll never learn." He smiles again as he pulls into the carpark where the restaurant is. He kills the engine and in a second, is beside my door, offering a hand like the gentleman he is. "How polite of you." I snark and he slides my arm through his.

"Anything for my Mr. Corvin." He teases and I reach up to mess his hair, but he ducks out of my grasp. "Dickhead." I groan, giving him my best evils. "I'll get you later, I mean it." I warn and he gives me a doubtful look.

"Don't underestimate me, the element of surprise is everything." I preach and he ushers me through the restaurant door, leading me to our table by the window. "I thought you might like a view of the town." He announces softly and I take my seat opposite him.