Chapter 54: Liam The McDonalds Freak

Once we get home, Liam quickly rushes to the tower, taking the steps two at a time. "Liam?" I trail suspiciously after him, aware he's hiding something childishly.
He glances back at me and then keeps sprinting, giggling delightfully.

At the door to Athenadora and Sulpicia's room, I can hear Caius's voice. "William? What's that awful cheap food smell?"

And I know straight away what Liam's done.

I charge in to catch him in the act. Liam is sandwiched between Mum and Dad on the sofa and has placed a mcmuffin and a portion of fries each in their laps. "Liam, really?" I sigh, drifting to the sofa to sit beside Caius.

"I couldn't control myself." Liam shrugs and Caius turns to me. "What is this filth?" He snarks. "McDonalds. Liam wanted you to try some." I quickly swipe a few fries from Caius's packet and he hands me the whole thing. "Merry Christmas." He mutters.

He turns back to Liam, his best smile on his face. "William darling, I understand that you had our best interests at heart but your mother and I don't eat human foo-"
Caius is cut off by Athenadora'a chewing noises as she finishes off her mcmuffin before starting on Caius's.

Caius blinks a few times, staring at her surprised. "Well, I don't eat human food but it seems your mother doesn't quite share my feelings." He shakes his head smiling at her.
"You look like a puppy with a new pack of dog biscuits." He scoffs, reaching forward to wipe away a small speck of ketchup on her chin with his thumb.

"What is he, your personal hankerchief?" Liam snarks at her and Athendaora just smiles. "Of course." She nods. "Isn't that right Caius?" She looks up expectantly at him.
He grins at her like a schoolboy. "I can be whatever you want, sweetheart." He smirks seductively, and Athenadora positively melts.

"Seriously? Can you keep the flirting for another time? Preferably when your children aren't around." Liam rubs his eyes to rid himself of the image.
Caius and Athenadora take no notice, staring into each other's eyes for another brief second before Caius leans down and kisses her nose playfully, which even I have to admit is quite cute.

Caius hoists Athenadora up and pulls her between his legs, so her back is pressed against his chest. "Turn on the television, William." Caius points to the remote and Liam snatches it up. "You watch TV?" Liam snarks.

"Oh yes. I'm a big Game of Thrones fan, and I love a good episode of Dance Moms." Caius sasses, smirking as he clicks onto Netflix. How he found out about those programmes I'll never know. Caius has turned out to be more modern than the rest of the Volturi all together.

The idea of Caius watching 'Dance Moms' makes me giggle. I'm sure he'd be Abby the dance teacher; the biggest sassiest bitch in the club.

"Ah, Keeping Up With The Kardashians." He smiles, as the Kardashian family pop up on the screen. Liam chokes on his fries, spluttering madly as he tries not to laugh. "Shh!" I hiss as Caius glares at Liam and shakes his head. "Really?" Liam giggles. "Of all the things you could watch, The Kardashians?"

Liam nudges Caius. "Which one do you have a crush on? Which do you think is the most beautiful?" He whispers. Caius stares at him before turning to Athenadora. "There is no one more beautiful than my wife." He comments, stroking her hair.

"Please! Stop this flirty banter." Liam snarks and turns away. "You're only jealous because you're single." Caius grins. "And gay."

Liam jumps up, more animated than I've seen him in months. "Gay?! I'm not gay, oh my fuck, why don't you liiiistennn???" He groans, clutching at his fsce dramatically. Caius smiles. "You are gay, now hush, William, I'm trying to watch Kylie Jenner." He waves his hand dismissively at him.

"I'm trying to watch Kylie Jenner." Liam mocks, trying to impression Caius's accent but failing miserably. Caius tuts. "Enough." He scolds. "Or I'll feed you to the pigs."

"We don't have any pigs, Dad." Liam replies. "Don't ruin my dreams, William." He snarks.

"I love pigs." Liam says dreamily. "They're pink and fat and they squeal." He props himself up on his elbow. "And they're tasty in a good cooked breakfast." I add and Liam looks horrified. "Don't be so cruel! How can you eat bacon?" He pouts.

"You had a bacon mcmuffin earlier!" I point out. "Egg and sausage mcmuffin, actually!" He replies. "Excuse me!" Caius intervenes. "Can you take your version of the Jerry Springer show somewhere else please?" He makes shooing gestures with his hands.

"Attitude." Liam scolds. "Someone's on his period." He huffs. "William, you are throughly upsetting me." He warns. "Oh, Dad! I didn't know you had feelings!" Liam giggles. "Come to think of it," He continues. "I didn't know you had a heart."

Caius jumps up from the sofa, and before he knows it, Liam has been rugby tackled to the floor. "Foul!" Liam cries. "Referee, do something!" He shouts at Mum. She stares blankly at him. "What do I know about sport?" She snarks, turning up the TV.

Caius snakes an arm around Liam's waist and proceeds to tickle him. "Ah..oh...dickhead...stop it!!" He squeals, rolling on the carpet away from him, but Caius persists, reaching for him and grasping Liam's thighs with his knees, hovering over him.

"It feels like we're about to have sex." Liam murmurs and Mum's eyes are immediately on them. "Caius, get off William like that!" She lowers her voice. "I thought it was only you and I that did that position."

Caius blinks, looking embarrassed. "Must you reveal our sex life to our children?" He hisses across to her. "Get off Liam and I might stop." She smiles and Caius pounces on her instead so they're on top of each other on the sofa.

"Eww! Oh my God, this can't be happening." Liam groans, burying his head in my shoulder. Meanwhile, Caius is nibbling on Athenadora's neck who weakly protests. "Stop Caius, that's enough!" She squeals.

"Hush my queen, don't mind the children." He mumbles into her hair teasingly. "Will you two stop?" I cut in. They glance at each other. "Should we stop embarrassing them?" Athenadora checks. "Yes." Caius smiles. "For their sanity, I think we should stop." He grins.

"What's that song by Tom Jones? Sexbomb?" Liam asks me. I nod. "Because that's what I feel we should be singing right now." He tuts.

"Poor baby. You're so sex deprived." Caius mocks, reaching forward and pulling Liam onto his lap. "Don't look so jealous, Lee. Come here." Caius hoists me onto his other leg, cradling us like we weigh nothing; no more than a toddler.

"Oh look," Caius says, pointing to the TV. "Keeping Up With The Kardashians has finished. I was too busy tickling you." He says to Liam. "And making out with Mum." He fires back.

"Shots fired. You little sass master." Caius pokes him. "Not as sassy as you." He replies. "True. No one can beat me. Not even Louis Spence." Caius mimicks Louis Spence's voice, putting on a lisp and flicking his hair. "Hmm, you are a bit like him." I nod to Caius.

"Don't be daft. He's much better looking." Athenadora pipes up.
"Who? Caius?" I check.
She smiles at me. "No. Louis Spence. What a stunner."