The pain

Mikasa's POV: 

I hated it. The pain I always felt when my parents yelled at me for no reason and being pushed and bossed around by them like I was there slave. I worked hard everyday and wasn't shown any respect for what I've done. I managed to keep this place clean and be able to cook but I barely ate the food because my parents said I didn't deserve it for no reason. I try to work hard in school but if I make one low grade like a low B or C I get hurt. I even get hurt or abused by them because I always talk back and cut myself. But the person who had it worse was my 18 year old older brother Levi. He got hurt for more reasons like not being successful, not having a job, and that one time he tried to run away. There was way more. It was just terrible and when we was little they was still like that, nothing changed.

I never really wanted to go home after school was over but if I stayed late I would likely get into more trouble. I walked out of the school when the bell rung for school to end as I walked home with Levi next to me. He was usually quiet but we let all our hatred about our lives together before we got home. "Mikasa when we get home just go straight to your room I don't want them to hurt you" Levi said as I nodded. He was protective to but it wasn't strange how we was nice and they (our parents) was a couple of jackasses. I nodded as I felt his big hand come on top of my head and rub the surface. "I promise Mikasa I will do something about this" I heard Levi growl a bit anger in his voice.

He was only nice to me really no one else and ever since his girlfriend dumped him because she found out he smokes he has been a little cranky. So now all he wishes for us is to move to another place and everything would be fine. We arrived at a 2 story yellow house standing in front of it me not really wanting to go inside. I felt myself shaking as we got closer to the house and I heard Levi feeling nervous about it to. Levi pulled me back behind him and knocked on the door waiting for our parents to come answer us. The door opened and it showed our mom carrying a cigarette in between her index finger and ring finger, she had her work clothes on and her hair was a little damp. "Get in" she said rudely barley opening the door for us as we walked inside, I'm still behind Levi holding his hand. "After you two do your homework I want ya to clean up the house meaning the floors,dishes,rooms, attic everything I want this place spotless and Levi I expect dinner to be cooked by 9 and after dinner shower then go to bed" my mom demanded saying everything she wanted us to do like we was her slaves. As she turned around me and my brother both groaned. "Just clean your room, do the dishes and sweep okay nothing else I'll do the rest" Levi told me as I nodded. "Thanks Levi" I said and went upstairs and got in my small room. It wasn't much since all our parents does is just spend money on themselves. For the next few minutes I cleaned my room till I heard my mom yell. "YOU USELESS BITCH!" then there was a huge loud whack sound. I guess she hit Levi.

I quickly ran downstairs and saw Levi on the ground while our mom hit him with a cable core. It left red marks and scars on him. I growled angrily and stepped in front of Levi and bent down to him. I didn't want to do anything so I get hurt and helped him up. "Are you okay?" I asked as he snatched his arm away from me and nodded. "Y-yea im fine just get back to cleaning" he sniffed and went in the kitchen. Gosh I hate when our mom does this! It wasn't fair at all! I held my tears back and went back to cleaning cause soon dinner would be ready. For about 2 hours we finally finished cleaning everything and I laid in my bed doing my homework waiting for Levi to finish cooking dinner. My homework wasn't all that hard except for global studies which I was failing with a D. I never told my parents though but during the weekends Levi would help me study or do the work for me. I ended up finishing my homework just in time when my mom shouted from downstairs "MIKASA GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE TIME FOR DINNER!" I rolled my eyes and got down and sat at the table as Levi brought my plate and his own and sat down next to me. "And why didn't you take a shower while you was up there?!" My mom asked putting her hands on her hips. Gosh I hate when she does that. "I was doing homework mama" I told as nicely as I could and started eating. "Well after dinner go take a shower then redo these dishes there terrible" my mom spat walking to her room. I stood up but my brother quickly brought me down. "Just do what she says" he told me calmly and stood up and put his plate away. "I'll do the dishes just take a shower and go to sleep" he said yawning as I nodded.

My brother worked hard if you didn't know. He would only get about 2-4 hours of sleep a day and right after that was just more work for him. I went inside my room and closed the door and locked it because Levi would usually send me a text to do that so that our parents wouldn't get in and abuse us. In my room I got in my bathroom and took a nice short warm shower and washed my hair. After the shower I got a towel and wrapped it around my body and went to my room and changed into my night clothes. There was a knock on the door making me jump a little as I walked to it and opened it seeing Levi. I let out a loud heavy sigh. "Sorry to scare you but can I come in?" He asked I nodded and opened the door all the way for him to get in. "Tomorrow night were leaving" he said from the pure silence as my gray eyes widen. "What do you mean?" I asked a little confused. "I found a house for us to live in together it isn't that much but it looks better then here and I have a friend who can take us so pack your stuff" Levi told me. I nodded slowly as he gave off a warm smile and rubbed my head. "Goodnight little sis and I promise our new lives will be better" he smiled and I nodded. "Thanks Levi" I bowed and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "Go get some sleep" I say as he nodded and left with me going back to sleep. I wouldn't expect tomorrow to be better since you know I'm leaving but I doubt anyone would notice like even at school I get bullied. People throw things at me and always pick on me and thing is no one knows I'm Levi's little sis and to top that Levi doesn't even know I'm being bullied so I kept it a secret. He would be pissed if I told him anyway so I'll save him he trouble. But being at school was 100000× better then being home.