Vital Love

Petra's POV

I was getting worried about Levi. I don't think I've ever seen him so shaken up before. It was just a nightmare he had I convinced myself. That was the only possibility I could come up with.

I really wanted to help but I also didn't want to interfere. I don't want to get between him and Mikasa's relationship.

I sighed as I finished up some homework on my computer.

I had come to the library since there was a book I needed to check out for my homework.

But since I didn't want to be responsible for it I just decided to do it here.

I stood up from the table and gathered my things. I put the textbook up and went inside the elevator.

I don't know why I felt so stressed out. Maybe it was Levi or the upcoming bills I had to pay soon.

But Hanji said she would lend me some to help so I didn't really fret over that.

Really I was worried about Levi. I traced the red mark that was still on my neck.

I didn't want to tell him what happened. It would probably scare him and he would blame himself for it.

I had woken up to him choking me; Well in this case he was hugging me. He was saying things like "I'll protect you Mikasa" . He wasn't a sleep talker so this surprised me.

But then out of nowhere he just punched me in the neck.

It hurt a lot and left a burning sensation. I didn't want to worry him or anything so I didn't bring it up. I had to force myself not to let out an excruciating cry so I only cried softly before things really got out of hand so I woke him.

I had to wear a turtle neck so no one suspected I was being abused or something.

When the elevator doors opened I walked out and exited the library. I crossed the street to where my truck was parked but also to get some coffee from the small cafe behind it.

When I walked inside I stood in the line already knowing what I wanted.

Levi: I'm sorry....

I had received a text from Levi. My eyes softened.

I don't know why he was apologizing. He just had a nightmare.

Maybe he seen the mark but didn't want to bring the topic up as well... Oh Levi I am really worried about you. That could be the reason why he was apologizing or because of the incident. Either way I didn't blame him for it.

Trying to cope with a family member who was close to you that was gone is really difficult.

But how would I know? My mom has been gone after giving birth to me. I easily coped because I had no such memory of her. I only thought of her in ways I would expect her to be like.

Petra: It is fine Levi. I will be home soon

I put my phone up when I noticed I was next. I quietly walked up and instantly noticed the coconut brown haired male who was going to take my order.

"Oluo?" I said a bit shocked.

The male's small golden orbs examined me before he noticed who I was.

"Woah Petra?!" He exclaimed.

"It's been like forever since I've last seen you" I chuckled.

"Well what do you want so I can go fetch it for you and we can talk for a few" he says.