Joyous moments

Levi's POV

I had already arrived at Hanji's house the next morning around 8. Petra was working so I was able to borrow the truck from her. I was still curious why Hanji wanted me here besides to see the baby. Maybe it was to help me cope with the loss of my little sister, to catch up; it could be anything.

I knocked on the door reluctantly. There was a few rustling sounds on the other side of the door.

When the door opened I saw Hanji but she looked different. Her hair was messy, bruises was on her face and the bags under her eyes defined her tiredness.

"Damn are you okay?" I asked walking inside.

"Not precisely" she answered hesitantly.

I walked into the living room seeing the small, brown haired, chubby baby that sat on the ground while trying to eat her building blocks.

"Ah no no Lily don't eat that" Hanji exclaimed bending down to her and snatching the small toy away from her.

"How is she?" I asked bending down to the infant and picking her up. She smiled when she saw me as if she remembered me. She slapped me.

"Lily!" Hanji exclaimed.

I just laughed. "She loves me". "Well what was it you wanted to talk with me about?" I asked sitting down on the couch.

She sat beside me and crossed her legs.

"I'm sorry if I took you away from something" she apologized.

"No it's fine Petra is at work so it's fine" I told her. "Don't you have a job though?" She recalled.

"Not anymore...and I sold the house so I am basically homeless without Petra's help" I shrugged.

"You know you can always stay with me. I usually work and I don't be having anyone look after Lily" Hanji says.

"What about your new boyfriend?" I asked.

"Oh...he's always going out now" she frowned.

"He lets me do all of the work" she sighed. "He doesn't help at all?! Is he here now?" I exclaimed.

"No he went out Levi" she says.

"I got a question Hanji" I said looking at her as I danced Lily around. "Yes?" She asked scooting closer to me.

"Where did you get those bruises from?" I asked. She sheepishly looked down. I continued to stare at her.

"He's not abusing you is he?" I asked raising a questioning brow.

I've been abused myself so I can differentiate bruises from anything like hickeys or bite marks.

"No no" she frowned. "Maybe..." She trailed.

"But I'm staying with him. He loves me" She smiled. "That's not love Hanji that's fucking illegal" I swore.

"Are you that desperate for love?" I scrunched my face up. I know it hurts when she had cheated on me but I didn't jump to another girl hoping she wouldn't do the same. I tried to stay away but I still ended up finding someone.

"Unbelievable" I rolled my eyes as I looked back at the baby.

"I am sorry Levi" She apologizes. "I was just wondering if Lily and I could stay for a few days with you" She pleaded. No—begged.

She's trying to run away from him.

"And your unemployed so you can look after her" She smiled.

"Petra wouldn't like it..." I trailed. As much as I wanted to help her I think I've helped enough.

"You love him but to me it sounds like you want to run away...someone who loves their partners wouldn't do that" I narrowed my eyes at her.