I wanna go home

Mikasa's POV

Night came and I couldn't help myself but stay up. I turned and twisted in my bed, looking out my window and seeing the dark blue sky filled with stars. Sighing, I turned over and averted my eyes to my alarm clock. "2:47" I mumbled while letting out an agitated groan. Why can't I sleep! I was just sleeping a second ago!

Suddenly the image from one of my dreams came to my head.

I jumped like an explosion went off. The decent smile on my mom's face. Why can't she just smile at me?

Why am I not loved by my parents but Levi is? It's all not fair.

My heart ached just thinking about them and my head started throbbing. Why do I miss you guys so much when all you do is cause me pain and misery?

I stared for a few minutes thinking about what I should do to make me fall asleep.

Instead I found myself thinking about what if my parents were different. What if they were nice and we traveled and didn't have to run away. Maybe I wouldn't be in this mess. Maybe I would have never met amazing friends and experienced nice things here.

I opened my mouth and felt the dryness in my throat. It was like the Chihuahuan dessert.

I got up from my bed, my legs touching the cold tile floor, my raven black hair dropping down to my neck.

I got up, stretching my legs which caused my lower joints to pop.

Letting out a weary sigh, I trudged to the kitchen deciding I get some water but something caught my attention.

Levi's light was on in his room and his door was creaked open.

A bit curious I decided to go check up on him.

"Levi?" I asked when I opened the door all the way. "What?" He asked coming from behind me, alerting me as I turned around.

"Why was you about to go in my room?" He asked threatening like.

His hair was drenched with a towel over his head and his muscular body showed. The only thing he was wearing was some gym shorts. I blushed noticing I was admiring my brothers gorgeous body.

"I was ju-" "why are you even up? What made you want to come to me. I thought I was a stranger" he spat harshly.

I jumped at his change of tone.

"I just wanted to tell you that I missed mom-" "oh please" he rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"How can you miss a women who didn't give a shit about you? She hated us and we were nothing to her" he retorted coldly.

"She doesn't deserve to see us. If she loved us she would of probably found us by now" he says while pulling over a black tee on him, covering his bare body.

"Your right..." I trailed off. "Sorry I just...I miss them. There our parents after all" I say.

For some reason I felt like crying. I felt like the world's problems was suddenly weighing on my shoulders. Like I felt every single pain that happened. I felt like my parents didn't deserve this. But they made us do this. What would they say if we came back? Visit even...Would they be mad? Furious of our act or envelope us into a big family hug and shower us with loving kisses -not forced- and tell us how much they really did miss and love us. I doubt that happen I frowned. I shouldn't be thinking about them.

"Go to bed Mikasa. I know tomorrow is Friday but I think we should still have some energy" He instructs.

I felt myself twitch a bit. Why was he so heartless? Did he even miss our parents or shed a tear?