Life

Levi's P.O.V

"Thanks Petra for coming with me" I thanked my girlfriend as we drove to the hospital. Hanji had called me and said something had happened, and since I didn't have a car and Petra tended to be near me...here we was.

"Yeah..."she says lowly. I could tell this was bothering her but I didn't know how to talk to her about it. So I stayed quiet the entire ride.

When we came to the hospital we got out the car and went inside to go sign in.

"So um how old is the girl?" Petra asked as we made our way to Hanji's hospital room.

"About 6-7 months old" I replied. "Oh" she sighs.

"I think this is the door" I said coming to a door that the lady at the front said.

I knocked on it, hearing a dull "come in" as an answer.

I opened the door and almost choked on air when I saw Hanji hooked up to a machine with a mask over her mouth to keep her breathing.

"W-what happened to you?!" I exclaimed worriedly.

Hanji's eyes tiredly follow the sound of my voice, taking in the look of me before her eyes traveled to Petra who was sitting down.

"I-its nothing" she responds with tears forming in her eyes.

"It doesn't seem like nothing! Your hooked up to a machine!" I yelled furiously.

When I took noticed of the tears streaming down her eyes in sorrow I took deep breathes before relaxing myself.

"What happened?" I asked calmly this time.

"I-ive been smoking" she says in shame.

"While pregnant?!" I growled. "Y-yes.. I thought the pain would go away, I thought it would all go away" she sobs.

"No no it's not like that Hanji...you can't do that especially pregnant" I said rubbing a lock of her hair between my fingers.

"I'm sorry" she cries.

"So how's the baby?" Petra asked finally speaking up.

"I...I had it already" she frowns. "H-how is she?" I asked worriedly.

"She's...okay I guess...she's being taken care of...she's really small and so light" Hanji explains, tears constantly streaming down her face.

"She has a heart disease" Hanji sobs. "They said she won't live long" she goes on.

"I..I'm so sorry Hanji" I said caressing her cheek.

"It's nothing I guess this is just what I deserve" she sighs wiping her moist face.

"No no you don't please don't say that" I said.

"It's fine...anyway I was able to find a guy who accepts me for the problems I'm going through...he will help me take care of the baby. I've moved in with him and we get along perfectly" she smiles.

"Well that's good to hear" I smiled, ruffling her hair.

"It's bad to see you in this condition though, hopefully it all turns out alright" I smiled in assurance. She returns it.

"So...why did the pumpkin head come?" She asked narrowing her eyes at Petra who looked baffled.

"Pumpkin head?? Honey with the condition your in you better be lucky I can't hurt you" she growls.

"Geez can't take a joke?" Hanji giggles. "Ugh whatever" Petra huffs.

"Good to see you getting along...somewhat" I chuckled.