Difference between light and dark

Levi's POV

It's been two days since Mikasa had died. The funeral was taken the very next day. Mom and dad were heartbroken by the news and cried hardly on each other grieving.

I just stood and watched emotionlessly as they buried her. I couldn't face my parents to be honest.

I was scared as hell. I didn't want to tell the real reason why she had killed herself otherwise they be more depressed then me.

So the entire time I stood there with Petra hugging onto my waist as I silently cried on her.

When I admitted to Petra I was unemployed ever since Mikasa's death she has been really helpful. Since it would take a while for me to find a job she has helped me set the house up for sale and then moved my things into her house. Even though things went by smoothly for the two days I wouldn't say my feelings matched up. It was devastating to think about.

My only sister, the one I ran away with and protected, was dead. She has committed suicide and I thought I got her the things she has ever wanted.

But apparently it didn't seem that way...

It hurt to think about. I've done so much for her but she ends up killing herself.

I knew it was because of the heartbreaking news but I could of helped her. I could of helped her in lots of ways and she doesn't even bother to ask.

"I am really thankful of you Petra" I say when I sat down on the couch.

"Of course anything to help" she says kissing my cheek.

She stares at me for a moment before pulling me in a tight hug. "Make yourself at home" she whispers before getting up.

"I am going to go visit my dad at the retirement center...be safe okay" She says grabbing her purse.

"I can go with you" I say with a forced smile.

"It's fine Levi I don't want to alarm him when he finds out about you living with me" she tells.

"Okay, you be safe as well" I told. She nods and blows me a kiss before leaving.

I stay alone in the house by myself. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to stay here while she was gone.

But I also didn't even feel like leaving. It was hard to do anything without having Mikasa tugging me out of bed.

I begrudgingly walked into the bathroom, which I had to find on my own, and glanced at myself in the mirror.

My hair was mess and my skin was pale. Bags grew under my eyes and my sense of fashion changed. I wore a gray dull looking shirt that reached my upper thighs with black joggers.

I was already depressed to begin with. But now I was with Petra. I didn't have my parents nor did I have Mikasa by my side anymore.

I exhaled heavily as I went back into the living room where my bags were. I rummaged through them a bit until I found what I was looking for.

I clutched the small box lightly into my head and walked outside of the house.

I sat on the concrete stairs to the house and pulled out a small cigarette from the box.

"Haven't done this in a while" I murmured to myself as I pulled out a lighter from my pocket.

I lit up the edge of the cigarette and held the piece pointing towards me between my lips.

"Yeah" I huffed when I put the lighter up and just sat there. I blew out a puff of smoke then pressed my back against the door.

I sat there for quite some time, about 30 minutes, going through the pack. I decided to call Hanji and check up on her and the baby.