Everything comes together

Levi's POV:

I walked up to the jail cell where I saw my mom sitting down on the cold dirty concrete bench she had inside. She seemed so lifeless like spending the night over jail changed her.

"Mom" I say when I approached the cell.

She slowly turns around and gives me a sly grin.

"See you're here so early. What made you come visit?" She asked. "I came to thank you...for spending your time to have fun with Mikasa" I stated.

"You mean your pesky little sister...it was hard not to puke around her but if it made her happy" She shrugged.

"I just couldn't stand to see her so miserable" I frowned. I felt like I was doing a terrible job as her older brother. I was never able to spend quality time with Mikasa for a while nor have we ever had the time. Even if we did work at the same restaurant I was always going in and out.

"It's hard trying to be the parent and the brother...playing both roles are difficult" I started back.

"But just know none of this would be happening; I would never be taking care of some little girl, working hard, paying bills and seeing Mikasa suffer because of your foolish actions" I retorted.

"Can't we ever forgive and forget?" She groans standing.

"I know I'm a bad parent but don't rub it in like you can do any better. That little girl can be your child and you would be abandoning it" mom huffed.

"Who said I would neglect her? And it's not an it" I spat.

"She's a regular human being. She isn't my daughter but if I have to treat her like she is then I will" I say.

I glared intensively at her.

"But you wouldn't know anything about that...I thought you spending a day with Mikasa would show you what you've been missing but apparently a night in jail retold you why you was in here in the first place" I shook my head in utter disappointment.

"You disgrace".

"Levi even if I remember the things Mikasa did to put us in here it will never change the feelings I shared with her then. I never lied when I said I loved her and that we should have another day like that. I'm just... jealous that she's getting what she deserves" She confessed.

"Thanks Levi for making me realize what I was missing" She thanked.

"Why a sudden change of emotion?" I asked.

"I realize the amount of years I have in here is enough for me to plan what to do as soon as I get out" She smiled.

"She's still going to school so I have enough time" she added. I slowly nodded.

"Thanks for coming to your senses mom I can't stress how happy this makes me" I smiled.

"I'm only doing this because I have one life to enjoy besides abuse you children" she snapped. I frowned.

So my mom still despised Mikasa for what she has done but was happy to actually spend time with her. She made things more complicated but I shrugged it off.

I gritted my teeth. "If you knew you had one life then why did you waste it tormenting us?!" I yelled.

"Because you kids don't deserve it... If I didn't get what I wanted as a child then you won't either" she said nonchalantly.

"But after yesterday you kids deserve something I guess" she shrugged.

"Wait I'm confused...so do you love us or what?" I asked.