Accepted

Levi's POV

When we had went to the pool later on that day I never noticed how cogitated I was nor how distant I was being towards Petra. She was swimming in the pool with a few young teens and adults and even asked me to come in but I denied her request every time.

By the time it was around 3 in the afternoon we both went back to the hotel room to watch movies.

"Why are you so distant, Levi?" Petra asked as she got next to me on the bed.

I just raised my eyes at her before looking back at the TV.

I figured now be a good time to admit everything so that later on she wouldn't get mad at me for holding all of it in. Plus I was curious how old the fetus inside her was.

Now that we were older it was time to settle some things. I needed to stop looking at things in a bad way.

And so as Petra stares me down trying to guess as if the answer was pasted on my face, I answered "How far are you?"

She looks a bit confused before her eyes widen when she realized what I was talking about.

She lays up in the bed and casted a fearful but sadden gaze down at the sheets.

I stared her down myself. Her peachy colored tank top and black shorts. As I stared at her stomach I could see nothing but her original side. She was laying up with her stomach scrunching in so it appears bigger.

"Levi I-"

"Just tell me Petra" I said nonchalantly as I laid up. She sighs.

"About a month now" She replied. "I-I didn't want to believe it at first but when I haven't gotten my period I got a bit worried and decided to check. I did it two times to make sure and they both came out positive" She informs.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I frowned as I pulled her down beside me.

"Because you were obsessed with your own problems to even worry about me" she admits.

"I didn't want to bother you and thought I surprise you in some way, but you beat me to the punch line" She mutters.

"I'm sorry...it's just when I saw the box in the trash I went a bit nuts. We aren't financially fit to be parents" I remarked.

"I know...and it pains me to even think about it. So I wanted to ask if your boss or whatever reached out to you saying you got the job?" She asked.

"It's likely to come sometime this week" I replied.

"That's good...my job is paying me more so we can pay the rent and Hanji even agreed to let me go over to her apartment and take her baby things" She gleams.

"But we don't even know if it's a girl or boy..." I trailed.

"I know but still. At least we would have more things out the way" she inquires.

"So...how does it feel?" She asked after a moment of silence. "What?" I asked flickering my gaze between her and the TV.

"How does it feel knowing you will be a father soon?" She paraphrased. I shape my mouth in the form of an "O" before thinking about it. "It feels a bit weird but relieving at the same time, I don't know why don't ask" I answered.

"It's probably because we are still young and inexperienced" Petra guessed.

"Or maybe it's because this isn't Hanji's kid we are taking care of" I said looking up at my orange haired girlfriend.

She arched a brow a bit before making a perplexed face. "It'll be our baby" She bites down on her lip to restrain her excitement. I just slowly shook my head, smiling contently as I pulled Petra closer to me. She puckers her lips and pressed them passionately against mine.