chapter 49

Nia's pov

I have to go to school today. I'm scared about what is Zach gonna do.

I was going to my locker. My locker is so far. I started waking to my locker. People kept on pointing at me and staring at me. I don't know why. I was confused. Then Zach stood in front of me. He said "Move stupid bitch." I said "you came in my face."

Then I heard people telling my name. I looked around and saw Hayes, Ryan and Mason. Zach said "I don't care fucking move." Zach pushed me down to the floor. Hayes went to him and said "don't touch her!" Zach said "mind your business." Ryan said " Hayes leave it."

Mason helped me up. I tried to walk past Zach and he pushed me and slapped me in my face. Mason pushed Zach and punched him in his face.

Mason helped me up and said "come one guys." I said "I still need to go to my locker."

Hayes said "Nia, Zach told everyone your adopted." I said " I don't care,so what if I'm adopted." Ryan said "and that you was abused." I said "how did he know that?"

Everyone said I don't know. My heart dropped. Last time people found out they teased me about how my family hates me.

I try to act like I didn't care. I said "I still have to go to my locker." Mason said "come on, I'm gonna walk you."

I nodded my head and we started walking. Mason said "it's gonna be all right." I said " I don't care." Mason said "okay."

We got to my locker. By then I thought about everything. I wanted to cry. I dropped a couple of tears. Mason said "sit down baby, I will get it." I nodded my head. I started to full on cry. I can't believe it.

Mason sat next to me. Mason said "it will be okay, I promise." I nodded my head and tried to stop crying.

*skip to lunch*

I was sitting down waiting for Hayes and Ryan to come back to the table. Mason was at the table next to ours with his other friends. Elijah came up to the table. I sighed.

Elijah said "heard your father's Hayes you." Elijah started laughing. Mason looked at me. He had such a sad face. He came over. He said "Elijah get the fuck outta here before I beat your ass again."

Elijah went away. I kinda laughed. Mason had Elijah scared.

Mason said "baby stop thinking about it." I said "I can't."

Then some girl came up to us. She was friends with cindy. I rudly said "what?!" the girl poured milk all over me.

I stood up and pushed the girl. Everyone was laughing. I ran out the cafeteria. I'm going home. I don't care. I got my stuff and left the building.

I had my phone. I told Mason and Hayes I was going home. It is Only one more period until school is over.

Hayes told me to wait for him. I did. I just sat at the bus stop and played in my phone. I texted Mason.

By the time Hayes was here it was 3:39

I said "come on Hayes I wanna go home, I stink." Hayes said "relax, and the school called Jack." I said "what do you mean?" Hayes said "they called about you leaving and about the rumour." I sighed. I said " I don't wanna talk about it with him and I'm gonna be in trouble." Hayes said "stop over thinking stuff just relax."

I tried to but couldn't.

We got home. Hayes went to his room. JJ was on the couch and so was Jack.  Jack said "Nia come here." I sighed and put my book bag down and went to him.

Jack said "how was school?" I said "fine." Jack said "why your school call me?" I said " I don't know." Jack said "yes you do Nia."I said "no I don't." Jack said "they said you left early and that someone in the school told evryine you was adopted." I said "oh, that?"

Jack said "Nia, why are you wet, and you smell like rotten milk!?" I took off my sweater and threw it on the other couch.

Jack said "no get that off my couch and put it in the bathroom hamper." I sighed and nodded my head. It stinked.

I stinked. I put my sweater in the hamper and I tried to sneak upstairs so I don't have to talk to Jack. JJ caught me and said "hey come back here Nia!" I sighed and stared coming back down the stairs.

Jack said "so what happened today?"I said "oh nothing I just left early." Jack said " I know you left early but why?" I said "I forgot." Jack said "Nia. What happened today?" I said "you already know." Jack said "I want you to tell me."

I sighed and said "some boy told everyone I was adopted and he told them my dad used to beat me and everyone was bothering me and some girl poured old milk on my head and I left the school early."

Jack pulled me down to sit next to him. He said "why would he do that?" I said "he doesn't like me." Jack said "okay Nia, I love you but you stink and  need to go shower and when you get out and dresssed go in my room." I nodded my head and went upstairs

Jack's pov

I said "how did anyone find out she is adopted?" JJ said "I don't know,and don't send her to school tomorrow." I said "why not?" JJ said "so it can happen again? Don't send her." I nodded my head agreeing with him.

JJ said "tomorrow we have the photo shoot too so bring her and after wards we can go eat." "okay but since we got the photo shoot let's go get Sam" I said. JJ said "okay."

I heard the water stop running . I said "I'm gonna go upstairs." JJ said "don't spank her she did nothing wrong." I said "she left school, but I'm not gonna spank her." JJ said "good, don't hurt my baby."

I smiled and chuckled a little. I said " my baby."

I went in my room. Nia was on my bed. She was watching tv. She had on shorts and a tank top.

I said "well first you aren't going to school tomorrow and your gonna come with JJ and me." Nia said "yes." I said " but why didn't you tell me about someone bothering you?" Nia said "I don't know."

I got on the bed next to Nia and laid down.

I said "next time tell me baby." Nia said "so I'm not in trouble?" I said "no but don't leave school again, without at least telling me or JJ or someone."

Nia nodded her head. I said "talk." Nia said "okay." I said "I love you okay, I don't want you to get hurt." Nia said "I love you to Jack."

I hugged Nia and kissed her forehead. Nia said "can I go to sleep in here , I'm tired." I said "sure baby." nah laid down and got under the covers and started watching tv.

I watched tv with her. I started going to sleep.

Nia's pov

Jack was sleeping. I got closer to him and put my head on his chest. I started to close my eyes and go to sleep.